Benchmark/demo petition before game launching

+
So why does any company release benchmark tools for their games, are they all just silly?

If they have planned for it, and they have a purpose in marketing that they will use it for, and they can make a case at the executive level that it will increase sales, then they can do that.

If they haven't planned for it, they have nobody in marketing who believes it will make more sales, and they are already in a multi-month crunch after two very public delays, then, no, it would be as stupid as taking programmers off the line to make coffee.

If they have planned for it, and they have a purpose in marketing that they will use it for, and they can make a case at the executive level that it will increase sales, then they can do that.

If they haven't planned for it, they have nobody in marketing who believes it will make more sales, and they are already in a multi-month crunch after two very public delays, then, no, it would be as stupid as taking programmers off the line to make coffee.

That sounds stifling. Predicting and justifying the monetary value of your every little move is in itself an expenditure of energy (and time, and money). Sometimes you just want to make something because you think it's cool. I hope not every development studio above a certain budget is ran this way, or it would kill your love of the craft.

I think it's an interesting question though, as to when a benchmark is a worthy investment and when it isn't. Personally I think a known 'system killer' would gain more notoriety for featuring into benchmarks on graphics card reviews.

I mean releasing it before the game. Being an option inside the game can be handy.

The title is very particular about that. I don't mind if a benchmark tool is put ahead until after release, myself. I wouldn't know how to justify it to the developers from an economic perspective, that's for them to figure out, I just know I'd appreciate it. :)

A demo/benchmark is a must. Being slightly under min specs means I won't be buying the game. On an offchance that it works though, I'd reconsider, because I'm pretty interested in this game.

Benchmark maybe yes if they've enough resources and times for it (gamers can evaluate their PC by using diagnostic tools), Demo is the last choice to do (It's unnecessary if you think your product is good enough and almost of target group are satisfied or love it.)

1st priority is standard qualities of RPG genre must be for PC gaming that I'm trying to talking about and balancing of the main essentials, important priority jobs to do for the best game (at least 1 year after launch) of RPG genre.

I saw this game in trailers, gameplays. NPC've their own activities and some of them activated events when you're closed. (so many scripts, models, textures, AI activated especially so many actors that need proper hardware components)
Even Operating systems still need patches, optimized after launched but the most important things is stability and most of consumers're satisfied at launch.

I'm still hesitating to build my new PC for this game, I might buy another copy for PS4 until mods came out and main things are settled (that need more powerful components than recommended) at that time I can get better offer and performance for my new PC budget.

I'm thinking about VR, hair works, DSR etc. for this toy :p

Last edited:
Well. Here's the thing.

Witcher 2 was a system killer. Ubersampling -still- munches my twin 290x at max res in a busy scene.

Witcher 3 as a system killer already has jokes on Penny Arcade. Two Skynets Are Needed.

If you don't meet the minimum requirements, don't get it until after it comes out and people let you know how it handles and how it can be tweaked.

No demo/benchmark needed for that call. CDPR are pretty clear that the requirements are the requirements.

If you are trying to build a system around it, either makes your bets and place your money now - or again, wait until release and then build your system.

The best benchmark for a game is the game itself, really. Bugs, bugfixes and all.

A real demo would be great for all platforms but a benchmark demo will not be fair for the console users.

A real demo would be great for all platforms but a benchmark demo will not be fair for the console users.

Why would it be unfair towards console users? They wouldn't have any use for it anyway, since a benchmark is about checking if your hardware can run it and how it runs it.

I'm all in for a benchmark, since I really want to know if my PC can run it.

Why would it be unfair towards console users? They wouldn't have any use for it anyway, since a benchmark is about checking if your hardware can run it and how it runs it.

I'm all in for a benchmark, since I really want to know if my PC can run it.

True so did you get the relpy

If they were to release a 1 hour demo, it should be available to anyone who wants it.

I second that, ahhh would remind me of the good old days when DEMO s where
released to advertise the game and you could test first hand if your system is
capable to handle it XD

But a pure BENCHMARK would also be very nice, with several option you can choose from
like Furtech on/ off and so one... to see how your machine handles TW3

Why not releasing the prologue as a free demo a few weeks before release? If I got that right the prologue is set in its own small location so it shouldn't be that difficult to release that snippet of the game as free demo (just don't include the other parts of the world) which would also serve as a great opportuniy for a benchmark... ;)

I am not a serious gamer anymore. That ended in 2007/2008 or so. I occasionally enjoy playing RPG's and The Witcher 1 & 2 are among those. I even completed The Witcher 1 two times, which is something I have only done a few times.
I think CDPR has been VERY generous with showing off The Witcher 3 and given us all a lot of info. I don't expect the topic of this thread to come through, and won't be dissatisfied if it doesn't, but I will sign it, as I will wait for benchmarks etc. before buying a new rig for the game.

Top Bottom