Best armor of the game

+
RageGT said:
I think it depends. For a sign user witcher, Ysgith seems to be the best. For AC I'd say Vran.

In my latest run I found the Dreag Ruadhri diagram right at the start of act 1 and had it crafted immediately after I got the main component. (Arachas Armor) It was awesome and quite lucky too. I was playing my first Sign user and wow, such awesome armor to have since Act 1! Kept it through the whole game until I got Ysgith! =)

I once found Dreug's diagram at the same spot and play time but of course it cannot be crafted that soon.. hehe
i became a shopaholic kept buying stuff and when i reached loc muine i never had enough money to craft dragon scale armor or vran armor i will be more judicious with spending in my second playthrough

My favs are the Vran and the Draug Armor, but i think crafting the draug armor is too late in the game. When you can get the Vran Armor it doesn't make much sense to crafte the Draug Armor. I think there are to much armors at the end of the game. it would be better when you could craft ssome armors a bit earlier.

AnarkiHunter said:
The best armor, na..do not know.

Because I am a professional monster hunter at 'Hard' difficulty and hence indifferent to armor values.

However, I want to mention the best looking armor I play my Witcher 2 replays with*.

1. Default blue shirt with black leather stripped armor (from the starting of the game)
2. Shilards armor (from Chapter 1)

With no gloves and any only black textured pants.

I'm planning on a shirtless Witcher run! hehe =)

I think the best armor suit due the highest Armor protection is the Drauguien Suit. Does Anyone know
how you can buy the craft Schemata for this item after you accross the battlefield for the last time ? My Problem
is that i have forgot to buy the Schemata from that Elf-Trader in Vergen on the Marketstreet, near the big Entrance Portal. And now im already in Loc Muinne ! Can i get the schemata there too ?

Machineoverkill said:
I think the best armor suit due the highest Armor protection is the Drauguien Suit. Does Anyone know
how you can buy the craft Schemata for this item after you accross the battlefield for the last time ? My Problem
is that i have forgot to buy the Schemata from that Elf-Trader in Vergen on the Marketstreet, near the big Entrance Portal. And now im already in Loc Muinne ! Can i get the schemata there too ?

No, you only can get it in Act II. In Loc Muinne you can get the Ys Armor, Vran Armor, or Ysgith Armor.

If you're really desperate to try it, and don't want to revert back to Chapter 2, there're mods across at Nexus that makes all items available at either the innkeeper or the Mysterious Merchant. Otherwise, it'll be something to look forward to on your next playthrough :).

I tend to use Vran or Ysgith, depending on build, but even though I like their appearances, I don't think they're very witcherly, so I'm using less courtly templates on them (I really like the look of Astrogarus).

Ohh man i feel i have misst so damn mutch in the game.

But the way, this is some what of topic, but what is the best steel and silver sword in the game?

Kristian87 said:
Ohh man i feel i have misst so damn mutch in the game.

But the way, this is some what of topic, but what is the best steel and silver sword in the game?

Personal view:
Steel - Forgotten Vran if you can get it, otherwise Caerme. The Operator's Staff is better, but I always have trouble using it because it doesn't auto-target.
Silver - Addan Deith. But Deithwen is more useful, so I end up putting Addan Deith in inventory just to be ready for TW3 :)

Well I've tested both on different playthroughs and in my honest opinion the benefits from Ysgith are more preferable than the extra armor and health you receive from the Vran Armor, no matter if you go with swordsmanship or signs. I've never noticed any enemy actually dealing that high damage to begin with and the extra vigor + the vigor regenation helps out in both swordsmanship and sign usage soley because most sword builds still get the Quen and with an additional vigor point + the vigor regenation to throw the Quen again, is much more useful than having little higher armor and health.

As for builds in my opinion a combination is without doubt the best choice. I've tested getting the major talents from both swordmanship and sign to a max and it pretty much turned Geralt invincible. The dragon pretty much fell in an instant and I had some fun in Loc Muine slaughtering 100 of guards without ever having a problem.

Yup, and don't worry about the blade oil too much. You can get those nasty rottfiends without it. (Or just pick up the hotfix from The Nexus).

Alchemist build is awesome. Except against the Draug.

I like the looks of the Vran Armor best and I think its the best for sword build, but its not the best for other builds.

For Traps I like Dragonscale Armor
For Mad Bomber I like Thyssen's Armor.
For Magic Caster I like Armor of Ysgith (I think the developers made a very bad decision making this armor a quest item that gets consumed to complete a quest line)

used Vran armour on Roche's path and Dragon Scale armour in Iorveth's path the latter being by favourite

They need to change it so Vran Armor is required to make Ysgith Armor as Vran armor is terrible in comparison t what you use to make it.

I think I voted yesterday (for the vran armor), but didn't comment.
Technically speaking, the Vran armor is the best in the game (that's why you get it so late in the game), although the Ysgith armor is a close 2nd, or a tie if you are a "mage"(again, that's why you don't get it until the end).
But, that being said, I really liked the Astrogarus armor a lot - it had a cool look to it ('specially with the mage trousers). The Kayran armor would've been a lot more enjoyable if it weren't for the hood - if you like hooded armors, the blue stripes combat armor you start with is much cooler looking. I also like the Draug armor, but as stated, it's not available until it's so late in the game that you might as well hold out for the vran armor.

The way I look at is this: if you're looking to keep a leg up on the competition (meaning, the bad guys), stick with the best armor (statistically) act by act:
Act 1: blue stripes armor until you can craft the hunter's armor - make diamond reinforcements for all your armors all the way through
Act 2: get the ban ard armor until you receive the zirael's armor - upgrade diamond-style asap
Act 3: hold out for the vran armor (but I guess leave it as the ysgith armor if you're playing a "mage") - again, upgrade with diamond reinforcements unless you're playing a "mage," in which case I suppose the magic wrap is a better choice.

You really can't focus too much on the aesthetics in this game - it's a linear trip of increasing difficulty and you can't sacrifice efficacy for style (IMO, 'natch).

Greywulf said:
You really can't focus too much on the aesthetics in this game - it's a linear trip of increasing difficulty and you can't sacrifice efficacy for style (IMO, 'natch).

Actually you can. Chapter 3 (and part of 2) are so easy, you can breeze through with whatever you want. I finished with Draug armor because I was curious how it looked like.

Top Bottom