Best armor sets(aesthetically)

+
Oh and how could you not care for boots? Have you seen the alder folk boots? they're stunning! I just wish there was a compatible chest piece for it.
I dunno... because boots are boots and they all look more or less the same? :)

One of them has that white cloth part between the boot and the trousers. Hunter's boots? I don't like that all that much. But as long as he isn't running around on high heels, I don't really care. :D

Feline Cat Armor Level 1 miiiiiew miiiiew miiiiew :eek:kay: (modded to black colour) - cat gauntlets and cat shoes.

Ursine Armor (all levels look very similiar, so no Level is prefered, modded texture colours - darker leather parts etc.)

Wolf armor (modded to black colour or to wild leather look)

This common white shirt (modded to black colour) with cat trousers and cat shoes.

Modded (skirt-looking thing removed) new moon armor together with a hood and cat shoes.

This is the stuff my Geralt wears almost all the time :)

Well my list is: 1 Viper set, 2 Wolven mastercrafted set, 3 Ursine mastercrafted set, 4 Skellige set, 5 Offier set, 6 Griffin mastercrafted set, 7 New moon set, 8 Feline the first set.
But I really cant fathom why they didnt make something like the Elder, Wild hunt armor but unic model just for Geralt it would've been superb im shore...

Yeah. Even the shittiest armor of TW2 is more good-looking than any of those of TW3

Are you really, really sure? ;)

Attachments

• Vergleich1.jpg
    Vergleich1.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 1,732
  • Vergleich2.jpg
    Vergleich2.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 9,150

Look at it like this. A set of armor that a monster slayer would wear VS a vest over a white tshirt.
A hard leather chest piece with a bag VS a thick cloth that has a leather upper chest and a skirt.
Need I remind you that the scabbards in TW2 were attached to Geralt and not hovering over his back like in TW3

Why the fuck would Geralt fight a rock troll wearing just a vest and a tshirt?? Judging by the fact that you use the Younger Geralt mod you probably don't care about lore-friendly aesthetics as much as I do but even mastercrafted versions of those armors are ridiculous. Take for instance the bear armor, wearing a skirt of chainmail and a tight linen scarf would only hinder somebody in a fight. Seriously, it's like the person designing Witcher sets had a retarded notion that adding chainmail to everything makes it "better".

Even the fucking Wolf school gear. You go from wearing a tshirt and a sleeveless jacket to wearing a fully chainmail jacket.

Look at it like this. A set of armor that a monster slayer would wear VS a vest over a white tshirt.
A hard leather chest piece with a bag VS a thick cloth that has a leather upper chest and a skirt.
Need I remind you that the scabbards in TW2 were attached to Geralt and not hovering over his back like in TW3

Why the fuck would Geralt fight a rock troll wearing just a vest and a tshirt?? Judging by the fact that you use the Younger Geralt mod you probably don't care about lore-friendly aesthetics as much as I do but even mastercrafted versions of those armors are ridiculous. Take for instance the bear armor, wearing a skirt of chainmail and a tight linen scarf would only hinder somebody in a fight. Seriously, it's like the person designing Witcher sets had a retarded notion that adding chainmail to everything makes it "better".

Even the fucking Wolf school gear. You go from wearing a tshirt and a sleeveless jacket to wearing a fully chainmail jacket.

It's funny that you talk about lore-appropriate gear, because in the books, it's exactly jackets and jerkins that Geralt wears, not the over-designed armours of TW2.

I can understand not liking the visual design of armours in 3, but they're miles more appropriate for Geralt when it comes to lore. His actual "armour" are his reflexes, not his gear.

Anyway, personally, I like the Wolven and Griffin sets.

It's funny that you talk about lore-appropriate gear, because in the books, it's exactly jackets and jerkins that Geralt wears, not the over-designed armours of TW2.

I can understand not liking the visual design of armours in 3, but they're miles more appropriate for Geralt when it comes to lore. His actual "armour" are his reflexes, not his gear.

Anyway, personally, I like the Wolven and Griffin sets.

Jackets and jerkins, not lengthy chainmail dresses or a BDSM chin-high collared skivvy. Those armors in the screenshots are also top tier so it would make sense that they have a bunch of layers, as if they were crafted from various things.

Jackets and jerkins, not lengthy chainmail dresses or a BDSM chin-high collared skivvy. Those armors in the screenshots are also top tier so it would make sense that they have a bunch of layers, as if they were crafted from various things.

Yes, TW2 had some good armours, and TW3 does go over the top with some, I agree.

Fact is, though, you were referring to specifically the cat armour that lacks any of the chainmail etc. and comparing them to armours in TW2 that are very much overdesigned, claiming the latter example was more lore-appropriate. That's all I meant - mostly focusing on the cat gear, why would Geralt fight a rock troll with just a jacket. Because that's what he does, is the answer.

I don't disagree about some of the high tier witcher gear, though it's also fair to point out that chainmail is a lot lighter and less restrictive in movement than, for example, the ridiculous shoulder pads on some of the W2 armours.

Aesthetically, I think TW2 does have better armours, but in terms of lore, I think TW1 did the best job, followed by TW3 (though TW3 does allow for heavy armours, which is pretty silly, too).

Last edited:
Fact is, though, you were referring to specifically the cat armour that lacks any of the chainmail etc. and comparing them to armours in TW2 that are very much overdesigned, claiming the latter example was more lore-appropriate.

Weird American football shoulder pads vs this monstrosity existing

I go with the shoulder pads.

Maybe if any of the sets were like what Lambert and Eskel wear I'd be all for naming favourites but no, the designer's hard on for chainmail completely negates any enjoyment out of equipping Witcher gear. The Griffin School's wacky colour palette and bulbous chest is something that can be fixed with mods but all the other sets are just disgusting.

You either look like a clown, are covered in acne-studs or have a chainmail disease

TW2 overdesigned? I'd take any overdesigned armor rather than these horribles and lore unfriendly pieces of ... (full plate armors CDPR? REALLY?)

Are you really comparing a white shirt with the badass Vran Armor? Yeah, i'm damn sure. Even Eskel and Lambert agree with me, because they are wearing TW2 armors.

Again, lore-wise, TW2 armours make as little sense as the full plates from TW3. It's just that TW3 also offers lore-friendly ones, which was my point. You can't use lore as an argument to promote armours from TW2 over, say, low tier cat/bear/wolf armour. Aesthetically? Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I think TW1 has the best armour - both in terms of looks and lore-friendliness.

Again, lore-wise, TW2 armours make as little sense as the full plates from TW3. It's just that TW3 also offers lore-friendly ones, which was my point. You can't use lore as an argument to promote armours from TW2 over, say, low tier cat/bear/wolf armour. Aesthetically? Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I think TW1 has the best armour - both in terms of looks and lore-friendliness.

Any tier of TW2 is more lorefriendly than most of the TW3 armors though. Sure, no descriptions of Geralt wearing a jacket made out of layers upon layers of scrapped together leather and rune ribbons but at least it's still a jacket. The books never make mention of Geralt wearing a tshirt under a vest or a studded skivvy that goes up to his chin.

Of course TW1 had better armor in terms of lore cus it was simplistic and effective which is predominantly what Witcher armor should be. Geralt wearing a studded doublet VS a half chainmail, half thick cloth kilt onesie thing with a scarf. But Witcher 2 was much closer to the books than Witcher 3.
In a way though, none of the armor in TW3 is Geralts. It's crafted from diagrams made by other witcher schools or shit thats pulled from a Kaedweni armorer's underpants. The Witcher 2's was like "If I scrap together a bunch of random shit I could craft something comfortable and effective" rather than "Holy potatoes Vesemir, I found a bible from the Cat school that says I should make a skivvy covered in acne-studs."

Again, lore-wise, TW2 armours make as little sense as the full plates from TW3.... You can't use lore as an argument to promote armours from TW2

I didn't say that TW2 are lore-friendly, i said that many TW3 armors are totally lore-unfriendly. And because of that the TW2 armors are much better in therms of lore/aesthetics. You can't really compare these in two, i mean some plate on the shoulder? Good, like the Mastercrafted Bear armor, but an entire breastplate? :hurt:

Of course, they're only two armors with different variation of textures. ( Don't get me wrong, i like them)

To be brutally honest here, most armors except the Kaer Morhen one and some of the witcher sets look LIKE ASS. I literally spent half the game wearing the starting Kaer Morhen armor before I could craft myself some Wolf or Cat armor because all the other armors made Geralt look like a peasant, and made him fat. I really couldn't care less about the increased stats on those armors when they looked so hideous.
That being said, the mastercrafted Wolf, Feline and Ursine gear look really badass. I'd also like some TW2 armor sets to make their way into TW3, I miss that amazing vran armor or thyssen's armor

Any tier of TW2 is more lorefriendly than most of the TW3 armors though. Sure, no descriptions of Geralt wearing a jacket made out of layers upon layers of scrapped together leather and rune ribbons but at least it's still a jacket. The books never make mention of Geralt wearing a tshirt under a vest or a studded skivvy that goes up to his chin.

Of course TW1 had better armor in terms of lore cus it was simplistic and effective which is predominantly what Witcher armor should be. Geralt wearing a studded doublet VS a half chainmail, half thick cloth kilt onesie thing with a scarf. But Witcher 2 was much closer to the books than Witcher 3.
In a way though, none of the armor in TW3 is Geralts. It's crafted from diagrams made by other witcher schools or shit thats pulled from a Kaedweni armorer's underpants. The Witcher 2's was like "If I scrap together a bunch of random shit I could craft something comfortable and effective" rather than "Holy potatoes Vesemir, I found a bible from the Cat school that says I should make a skivvy covered in acne-studs."

Look, I see your point, but simultaneously:

:p

Anyway, yeah, I don't think TW3's armours are perfect, but I do think the simpler design overall is closer to what Geralt would wear than what we see in TW2. besides, if chainmail is such an issue, then you'll be sad to learn that a considerable amount of armours in TW2 also have chainmail.

I didn't say that TW2 are lore-friendly, i said that many TW3 armors are totally lore-unfriendly. And because of that the TW2 armors are much better in therms of lore/aesthetics. You can't really compare these in two, i mean some plate on the shoulder? Good, like the Mastercrafted Bear armor, but an entire breastplate? :hurt:

Of course, they're only two armors with different variation of textures. ( Don't get me wrong, i like them)

Was mostly replying to Darkstar there :p

But yeah, heavy armour is TW3 is beyond me. Give him a lance, why don't you. And a crossbo-- o wait. Ahem, but that's off-topic :p

Look, I see your point, but simultaneously:

:p

Anyway, yeah, I don't think TW3's armours are perfect, but I do think the simpler design overall is closer to what Geralt would wear than what we see in TW2. besides, if chainmail is such an issue, then you'll be sad to learn that a considerable amount of armours in TW2 also have chainmail.

Was mostly replying to Darkstar there :p

But yeah, heavy armour is TW3 is beyond me. Give him a lance, why don't you. And a crossbo-- o wait. Ahem, but that's off-topic :p

Yea we're on the same page but I prefer reindeer shoulders over bulbous fatty knight

Yea we're on the same page but I prefer reindeer shoulders over bulbous fatty knight

Fair enough :p

Anyway, to get back on topic, another armour that I liked was the starting one, it looks like a more protective version of TW1's armour - some chainmail here, extra padding there. I don't personally see the point, since, again, Geralt does not rely on actual armour for protection but on evasion, but I liked the general look and that it's reminiscent of TW1.

Top Bottom