Best armor sets(aesthetically)

+
CDPR PLEASE BRING THOSE BEAUTIFUL ARMORS FROM THE WITCHER 2: ASSASSIN OF KINGS BACK! ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT HAD THE HOOD :)

CDPR PLEASE BRING THOSE BEAUTIFUL ARMORS FROM THE WITCHER 2: ASSASSIN OF KINGS BACK! ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT HAD THE HOOD :)

Not gonna happen. They have 10000 other things to fix instead of this sadly.

Btw, best armors of TW3?

1. Wolf Mastercrafted
2. Kaer Morhen
3. Bear Mastercrafted
4. Cat Mastercrafted
5. Professor glasses (j/k)

Worst Armors?

1 Every thing else except the Cidarian Cavalry Armor which is acceptable.

Not gonna happen. They have 10000 other things to fix instead of this sadly.

Btw, best armors of TW3?

1. Wolf Mastercrafted
2. Kaer Morhen
3. Bear Mastercrafted
4. Cat Mastercrafted
5. Professor glasses (j/k)

Worst Armors?

1 Every thing else except the Cidarian Cavalry Armor which is acceptable.

That's a shame :(

Best armors?

1) All of the master crafted witcher armors (specially Viper School)
2) Kaer Morhen armor
3)New Moon armor
4)Skellige set

In no particular order:

Mastercrafted Wolven Armor
Viper Armor (those snake scale textures are cool as hell)
Basic Feline Armor/Superior Feline Armor
Enhanced Ursine Armor
Order of the Flaming Rose Armor

Black version of Ursine Armor FTW

Edit: mod link here

Attachments

• bear armor.jpg
    bear armor.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6,971
  • bear armor back.jpg
    bear armor back.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:
Venomous Viper for me -by far
2nd would be the tier 1 ursine armor, followed by a modded t4 ursine armor.

for me nothing can beat the starting armor ( viper ), the second best is easily bear armor, i was so excited when i crafted it :D

I don't like to wear armour at all (I like to rely on Geralt's skills rather than armour - but also having said that, his body is a goddamn work of art and I'm not in a hurry to hide it!) but if I need Geralt to don something to help in a particularly tough fight I go with this heavy armour:

I haven't found anything else that I really like the look of yet, and I do like the 'knight' look.

Attachments

• 2016-02-18_00015.jpg
    2016-02-18_00015.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Isn't heavy armour not really practical? I thought Geralt was more about the light armor dodging the monsters attacks, because I don't think heavy armour is gonna do much to a golems smash haha.

Isn't heavy armour not really practical? I thought Geralt was more about the light armor dodging the monsters attacks, because I don't think heavy armour is gonna do much to a golems smash haha.

IMO, no armour is practical for Geralt's style of fighting. Any armour, 'Light' or 'Heavy'; realistically would all weigh him down unnecessarily and hinder movement to some degree no matter its weight rating, and would provide diddly-squat in terms of protection against a lot of the creatures he fights. That's the main reason why I don't wear any upper body armour 98% of the time, and I rely on his skills rather than armour points. That's the way I played TW1&2 as well, with armour only being used if I can't get through a particular fight without a bit of extra protection.

(Although that heavy armour -being the only armour I've used in combat so far- has helped once or twice when certain creatures have outnumbered and attacked Geralt simultaneously, and it's given that extra little bit of protection to survive a few seconds longer to win the fight - as any armour would, because armour is armour it's all the same. As for being smashed by a Golem, in that armour a Golem is yet to touch Geralt.)

Recently started my third playthrough using a fresh start - It's the first time I used the Temerian Armor set, and I find it looking pretty good.
My gf even agreed that it is the best looking armor she's seen me worn for Geralt (next is Enhanced Wolven Armor).

EDIT: I only hate the fact that DLC armors causes Geralt's face to overlap with the vectors during dialogues and cutscenes.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 3,676
  • maxresdefault2.jpg
    maxresdefault2.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 475
Full moon? Did you mean New Moon? Or are there 2 different sets?

---------- Updated at 06:03 AM ----------

Personally, I like the New Moon armor. And the master crafted Ursine armor.

1. Viper (HoS) set. Just because of the form fitting look & the color. Just that set alone should strike fear in the humans/non humans. And yes I wear the professor's glasses with this set.
2. Superior Wolven School. Looks much better than the Mastercrafted set.

Temerian armor. I hated everything else, not because of the armors (they are all, or most of them, high quality) but because none of them really fit Geralt, and the design of most of the doublets is boring. Witcher 2 armors are still my favourite.

Last edited:
and the design of most of the doublets is boring.

I've been asking for different colors for the dublets for awhile now. Like having a Green to match Triss' dress when going to the estate ball with her. Or a Black & White Skellige Tunic to match Yen. Not the Black/Gold & Blue/White that Yen has in her room. If you choose either she makes a comment about not matching. But if you wear the Nilfgarrdian from the beginning, then Yen is please with your choice but yet you get a red X for not completing the task in the quest.

I've been asking for different colors for the dublets for awhile now. Like having a Green to match Triss' dress when going to the estate ball with her. Or a Black & White Skellige Tunic to match Yen. Not the Black/Gold & Blue/White that Yen has in her room. If you choose either she makes a comment about not matching. But if you wear the Nilfgarrdian from the beginning, then Yen is please with your choice but yet you get a red X for not completing the task in the quest.

Sorry, I realize now that I wrote that sentence wrong. I was referring to the jackets, like Freya armor or Skellige armor
(like the blue/white one in this picture)

They are kinda meh, the Witcher 2 jackets were way better

Top Bottom