best hardware setup for cp2077

+

mbrto

Forum regular
what would be the absolute best hardware setup to run cp2077 with the highest graphic settings possible?
maybe some of you hardware enthusiasts can give me a few tips what to look out for.

i heard people claim that cyberpunk is geared towards pcs of the future and will look even better over time.
would it make sense to wait for the next generation of cpus or graphic cards to maximize the quality?

im pretty impressed how this game looks with my old i7 and my gtx1080ti right now.
and im eager to find out what it looks like with the best possible hardware.

I started on my i5, 9th gen, GTX 1660ti, upgraded to an 10th gen i7 and an RTX 3080, The difference was instantly overt, the game runs amazingly on the newer more powerful PC. [...]

You need a 3080/3090 and a latest gen cpu like a 10700k or a ryzen 5800x. Keep in mind that I am experiencing occasional slowdowns even at 1440p dlss quality and all settings maxed out (GI set on psycho takes up to 14 fps, but it really makes a difference from an IQ standpoint) every now and then. I own a 10700k@5ghz and a 3080.

BAV51

Forum regular
I had an i5-7400 and a GTX 1660Ti, it was "OK" but suffered from poor FPS (think low 20's) and distorted music.

Just recently upgraded to an i7-10700K and an RTX 3070 and the difference is very noticeable, reflections are stunning it looks amazing when raining!! Now never drops below 55 FPS any where and just feels much more immersive.

It is not cheap, if you can even find modern CPU's and GPU's for reasonable prices.

Before I played the game on an old Asus ROG laptop with a i7 cpu and a GTX 1080 gpu... the average fps generated is low

Recently bought a new desktop with a i9-10900F cpu and a RTX 3080 gpu....the difference is highly noticeable with the ray tracing on

New Rig.jpg

with max settings, ray tracing and DLSS on (quality),, it resulted in average 59 fps...this game is very high demanding tbh :facepalm:

image_2021-02-17_205006.png

I'd say a RTX 3090 + i9-10900K at the moment. Get at least 32 gb RAM and MSI Meg z490 with a good cooling system and don't forget to play it on a good SSD to minimize stuttering.

Top Bottom