Best language to play?

+
Cyberpunk 2077 is a piece of art. It sucks you in and doesn't let go o_O
As it was created by Polish company I was wondering how good game is on its creators language. Myself I speak 4 languages and 3 of them are in the game, every language brings me stronger or weaker feelings to the story line, just in launch trailer I can feel difference and the best translators of language which I understand, they are really giving all they've got to make you feel part of the journey, make you feel sad or happy, love or hate, curious or bored etc.

Now I want to ask all Polish community who speaks multiple languages, what's their opinion on transferring right feelings to the story line comparing Polish-English, Polish-French, Polish-Russian etc. :giggle:

Polish here. It's cyberpunk so it's purely USA style, the climate, the music, the conversations so stick to English, it's the only right choice. It's not Witcher where I would totally recommend Polish with subtitles. I also don't think polish dub is any good. In anything... Maybe except for cartoon movies where dub is quite good sometimes. But mostly I don't use polish dub in anything, it's just totally average. Same with Cyberpunk, all the cyberpunk style is gone when you switch to Polish, it sounds like a polish sitcom rather than cyberpunk. I guess the problem is they don't choose right voices, just known ones experienced at dubbing. And it's not that they are bad at dubbing. They just don't fit into their roles. They can't create American style convs that this game needs to have. You can translate it 1:1 but it's not it. Not even close. Languages don't work 1:1. So imho the best language is the default language and for cyberpunk-based game American English is the default.

Polish here. It's cyberpunk so it's purely USA style, the climate, the music, the conversations so stick to English, it's the only right choice. It's not Witcher where I would totally recommend Polish with subtitles. I also don't think polish dub is any good. In anything... Maybe except for cartoon movies where dub is quite good sometimes. But mostly I don't use polish dub in anything, it's just totally average. Same with Cyberpunk, all the cyberpunk style is gone when you switch to Polish, it sounds like a polish sitcom rather than cyberpunk. I guess the problem is they don't choose right voices, just known ones experienced at dubbing. And it's not that they are bad at dubbing. They just don't fit into their roles. They can't create American style convs that this game needs to have. You can translate it 1:1 but it's not it. Not even close. Languages don't work 1:1. So imho the best language is the default language and for cyberpunk-based game American English is the default.
Same story with me, a Pole. At first I started playing with language set to polish, as I read somewhere that original script for the whole game was written in polish, than translated to english, and from that translation to other languages, so I thought that polish will provide the best experience. I quickly changed it to english, as it provided much better atmosphere aligned with the game world.

German synchro did a very good job, iam glad they achieved the same level for gaming as for hollywood movies by now.
Polish people maybe dont get my comparision, i know about the pierdolony dub service there, my father still watches hollywood movies with 1 polish, emotionless lektor:ROFLMAO: after living 30years in germany.

Playing a game in a "universum" iam not familiar with, for first playthrough i choose language i grow up with.
So i dont ask myself " is this word i never heard before even english or made up by cyberpunklore"
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Top Bottom