Best New Mutations? Mutated Skin? Euphoria bug?

+

edo101

Forum regular
Best New Mutations? Mutated Skin? Euphoria bug?

I am donning grandmaster cat armor on a mostly combat build with 3 slots for alchemy. My build isn't one hit kill, or close to that. I decided to try out Euphoria but it seems I have to euip and re equip it to get it to work after first engagement.

This got annoying so i spent a ton of points and mutagens on Mutated Skin which says it reduces damage taken with toxicity. I don't know how good it is but I do know it cost me a lot to get. Anyways I chose it because cat armor has little to no protection on NG+ Deathmarch. Anything hitting you takes like half your health. (level 72 Geralt btw).

What other lethal mutations are out there. My build is combat + a little alchemy? I

Mutated Skin works with adrenaline points, not points of toxicity.
And for me Euphoria works like it should. Every point of toxicity increases my dmg.

edo101

Forum regular
Right I knew that. Yeah i picked it because i chose razor focus which I think gives you one full bar/with melee builds, it seems Adrenaline gain is a perk for each skill you slot.

I was just wondering if its actually that protective

I was just wondering if its actually that protective

Hm, can't answer that question.
I fight with 4 deconcotions ( and i use griffin deconcotions for dmg reduction )

[h=2][/h]

Last edited:

jj284b

Forum veteran
I am donning grandmaster cat armor on a mostly combat build with 3 slots for alchemy. My build isn't one hit kill, or close to that. I decided to try out Euphoria but it seems I have to euip and re equip it to get it to work after first engagement.

This got annoying so i spent a ton of points and mutagens on Mutated Skin which says it reduces damage taken with toxicity. I don't know how good it is but I do know it cost me a lot to get. Anyways I chose it because cat armor has little to no protection on NG+ Deathmarch. Anything hitting you takes like half your health. (level 72 Geralt btw).

What other lethal mutations are out there. My build is combat + a little alchemy? I

you do not need to do that with Euphoria... it gets automatically activated once you enter the combat mode... it is then observable by a green effect on the Geralt that passes in a second.. very easy to spot... it is not something that is active outside of combat...

edo101

Forum regular
Hm, can't answer that question.
I fight with 4 deconcotions ( and i use griffin deconcotions for dmg reduction )

[h=2][/h]

I thought it was broken, along with Chort which is supposed to remove the stagger effect but doesnt

Griffin works only during combat and its bonuses go away after combat ends. You start building stacks during combat for that combat encounter.

Aard with Piercing Cold is just evil, especially with the Griffin armor bonus that lets you cast it a second time within 3 seconds.

Conductors of Magic has some interesting possibilities since it adds 50% of sword damage to signs. Alternate Yrden becomes rather nasty, and if there is no limit to how much you can increase Aerondight's damage, then there is no real limit to how much extra sign damage you can build up. I still think Piercing Cold is better if you are a heavy sign user, but it might be useful for Axii and Yrden to do damage.

Euphoria is all-around good since it will cut down the number of hits you need to kill things, and Mutated skin is good for increasing survivability.

I don't see much use for the other mutations. Euphoria should always be more powerful than the combat ones, and I would rather have Piercing Cold than the crossbow bonus mutation. Second Life might come in handy on Death March, but the other mutations will help you not get killed in the first place.

For my Signs/Alchemy hybrid build nothing comes close to Euphoria, I mean 200% increase on damage and sign intensity?

Please lol, i'm running through practically everything in 2 or 3 strikes on NG+ DM. Also i feel like i'm unstoppable during those Hansel camps. The mixture of Ekhidna and Katakan decoctions with Thunderbolt, Tawny Owl, Petri's Philter, Maribor Forest and Blizzard ( all Superior) means i'm practically running through them without being touched.

Especially gets fun when you throw a Superior Northern Wind and the effect of Matrix like slowdown on Superior Blizzard kicks in after each kill, there's times where i have taken out more than 6 bandits before the freeze effect of Northern Wind is even over. I'd hate to see how dangerous it would be if i actually invested any points at all into combat tree....

Euphoria is a mandatory skill for all builds, serious. I have tested sign, combat and alchemy builds, works on everything.

-Piercing Cold is great when you are low level, so much instant kills. On high level it is pretty useless because it just freezes the enemies and does not damge or kill them
-Euphoria is outstanding when you combine it with acquired tolerance. The bonus damge is huuuge. A pitty that it is bugged at the moment so it's pretty useless too
-Mutated Skin + Protective Coating + Ursine Armor = massive Tank. You're literally invulnerable if you have 3 adrenaline points even on lvl 100
-Conductors of Magic is one of the best Mutation for a pure sign build because it lets you actually do damge on elementas, specters and some other stuff
-Cat Eyes is outstanding! It makes a pure crossbow build legit escpecially when you have enough money to buy explosive arrows.

bad mutations:

-bloodbath and toxic blood are both very weak, also metamorphosis because the time of the random decoctions is just the basic duration

So, to clarify there isn't a bug with Euphoria? I remember a lot of people talking about it, and to my build which Alchemy/Combat with Euphoria; I can kill a mod of Ducal guards in mere seconds on B&BB. I use Katakan, Succubus, and Aracheas(?); as well as Griffin. I then use Thunderbolt and Pitri's Philter, alongside tawny owl and I can't be stopped! I'm switching between Grandmaster Feline set and Manticore set. Although I carry Aerondight. I'm level 45 and Aerondight deals 589-614. I added runes and severance to it. Makes Whirl all that much more fun!

What bugs me is the alchemy table at Corvo Bianco being bugged sine 1.22.

I dunno, I kinna like the way Adrenaline Rush lets me get on top of big fights early. Especially against giant spiders and Kikimores.

I just pulled off a 20,000 pt Rend against a lvl 74 Arachnomorph Colossi. :)

Top Bottom