Best playable settings for 4K

+
Best playable settings for 4K

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can tell me which settings i need to use when i wanna play at a 4k mode. When i try 4k now its lagging alot when walking. Even at lowest 4K settings it still same.

I have an alienware area 51
I got 3*nvidea gtx 980
And also a 4k UltraSharp screen from dell
So i should have enough specs to run it i guess.

Thnx

You got 3 -way SLI 980s are you sure you are running them in SLI , because you should get pretty good frames on Ultra, Use Fraps to see whats your framerate , I'm running 2-way and I can get 40ish FPS on Ultra.

Yes i play in SLI mode. I even turned off AA in nvidea setting. Maybe i need to change more settings there? But i dont want to mess too much in those settings until i am sure what to change.

I am not saying that i cant play the game on 4 k but when walking i encounter stutters too often. I first tried turn off hairworks but it still the same...so i guess i am missing something...

I did install the latest drivers from nvidea as well.

Last edited:
I solved the Witcher 4K lag problem.
I had to install a new Nvidea Graphic Adapter update DDM 1.3 or something of around 225 mb.

That did the trick. Almost no lag and i can even run the game at Ultra settings at 60fps on 4K!

Im getting 2 EVGA 980 witch ACX 2.0 cooler now. Will it run at more than 40 fps with 4k and everything (even hair) on?

I dont need the constant 60, just dont it to drop bellow the 40 range.

Top Bottom