Best quest in the game?

+
Best quest in the game?

I remember some journalist saying that he played the best quest he has ever seen during his time with the game - he said that he almost cried. Anyone knows what this quest is and where I can get it? I think journalist was from IGN, though not sure

I think it was Carnal Sins (not sure). Level 15 quest in Novigrad, you get it once you've finished the main quests there, there's gonna be a new quest pop up at the end called Cabaret, and it starts a string of second quests around the town. And it is sad. Fucking sad as shit. I actually cried, not just "almost".

I really like the quest where Geralt and Ciri
went to fight the Crones and that Ederin Lieutenant. Great and challenging combat for both of their fighting styles, and the bonding at the end.

Last edited:
I really like the quest where Geralt and Ciri went to fight the Crones and that Ederin Lieutenant. Great and challenging combat for both of their fighting styles, and the bonding at the end.

I realize that the title of this thread would equal some sort of spoilers but honestly this particular one was kind of shit to read. Spoiler tag next time please?

I think it was Carnal Sins (not sure). Level 15 quest in Novigrad, you get it once you've finished the main quests there, there's gonna be a new quest pop up at the end called Cabaret, and it starts a string of second quests around the town. And it is sad. Fucking sad as shit. I actually cried, not just "almost".

I got to the Cabaret part but failed to finish it. I know what to do now, thanks.

It was the "Family Matters" (Bloody Baron) questline in Velen.

It was truly sad (especially if you helped the demon and defied the Crones). But I got the impression that the quest was a side quest. Could be wrong though

I realize that the title of this thread would equal some sort of spoilers but honestly this particular one was kind of shit to read. Spoiler tag next time please?

Well.. we are talking about the best quest.. how did you expect it to be spoiler free is beyond me >.< Thou I apologize.

That was hilariously bad written quest. I 100% agree with this guy - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71849323/821459094

It takes place after one of the boring "fetch things related to Dandelion" quests that just kind of exist and all of a sudden BOOM, Priscilla's had an unscheduled tracheotomy and I'm in the middle of CSI: Novigrad. I immediately meet a shady doctor who's like "Dude, let's go to the morgue and do a gross autopsy on a dwarf, what part do you want to cut into first" and I'm like "Genitals, duh." Later we meet a shady coroner and the doctor's like "This is my mentor who taught me" and I'm thinking "Wow, he looks younger than you" and the doctor says very suspiciously "You haven't changed in thirty years!" and I (out of game) am immediately like "Well, clearly he's some sort of vampire or something and has access to formaldehyde (which was used in the killings) so he's probably the murderer." But Geralt completely misses the line because he's thinking about boobs or something and it's never brought up in conversation, even when I'm talking about the coroner to the doctor later. I do my cursory investigation and the coroner sends me a message that says "There was totally another murder, come see the autopsy" so I go there and he pulls a note out of the guy's chest that says the name of the next victim (conveniently this is part of the murderer's MO). So I go to her house and she's just been killed and I'm chasing the murderer, and I'm thinking "Ok, maybe I was wrong about the coroner because why would he send me here if he was just going to come here and murder her, and also how did he have time to get here and ritually kill her?" So she's got another note with the next victim's name and I go there and OF COURSE it's a naked woman with a clothed guy in the room, because apparently there is a law against guys actually taking their clothes off ever, and mandates that women be nude at least four hours of every day. I'm no prude but it's a little obvious when you go to a bathhouse and literally every woman is completely naked and every guy is wearing a towel.

Anyway, so the completely clothed guy is torturing the nude woman, but Geralt intelligently deduces that he ISN'T the murderer, even though the woman is gagged and screaming, because he doesn't have his formaldehyde. So he immediately runs off to see the coroner who--SURPRISE--is totally a vampire and if he explains why he sent me to the lady's house even though he was just about to go there and kill her I wasn't listening because I was too embarrassed for the game at that point. Anyway he was EXTREMELY easy to kill even though the glossary had prepared me for a difficult battle and I got a sword which was marginally better than the sword I was using, so yay. I go to see Dandelion and Priscilla to see how she's doing and she's recovering quickly and talking despite the fact that she was LITERALLY STABBED THROUGH THE LARYNX BY A VAMPIRE, and that's never explained in the least, nor is it ever explained how Geralt missed the obvious clue that the doctor gave him about the coroner not aging.

Unspeakable. I actually think that the game sort of lost its way when I got to Novigrad. Quests became boring and the atmosphere became very dull in comparison to what had gone before. I'm hoping things pick up where they left off again now that I'm through with all the dull city quests and I'm about to sail to Skellige.

Dandelion quest line is a big let down, one big chain of linear fetch quests :/

My best quest/event just happened now. No markers or nothing. Was scoping out a village in the middle of nowhere when I see a guard and some witch hunters pounding on a door. Didn't think nothing of it at first and figured it was a vanilla scripted event like npcs sleeping as there were no yellow quest exclamation marks etc. So being curious I walked up to the door to see the witch hunters smashing the door down confronting a Mage, his wife and his child that were inside. Automatically went to a cutscene with a decision to be had...get involved or stay out of it. Needless to say I got involved, saved the family and Geralt instructed the Mage to go find Triss. Cool Stuff! Great Immersion!!

Romancing Triss.
Oh gawd for one second I thought she would go forever but.. she came back after telling her your feelings. That was so amazing. Heart literally was beating like hell there :hatsoff:

The mission on Fyke Island. Very deep, touching and interesting. Until now at lest ( I arrived at Skillege and did about 8 quests there)

My favorites have to be the ones involving Priscilla
The first was at the Kingfisher listening to the song Wolven Storm. A magical moment. The scene definitely reminds me of the Name of the Wind's Eolian. Can see Kvothe playing there.
After is the quest the Play's the Thing, where Geralt tackles on being an actor.
Then the part where you get to hang out with Eskel and Lambert at Kaer Morhen, and then follow through Lambert's genius idea... wearing Yennefer dresses to summon the bitches to the party. That was probably the most hilarious moment in the whole trilogy.
And then of course the powerful moments like the botchling quest. The one when Geralt thought Ciri was dead.
My God. This game is just filled with wow factors.

It was the "Family Matters" (Bloody Baron) questline in Velen.

To me, definitely the most memorable in the game so far,... the WHOLE quest line, mind you, including the "aftermath". Caught me totally off guard... :(

Spoilers please, for the people who haven't finished it.

And you know, tastes and stuff. I don't agree with anything said there. That quest was meant as a tone changer, just as you finish your time in Novigrad and prepare to move on to Skellige, your old friends want to catch up and have a friendly drink. However, things make for a strange turn, and everything goes to shit. The quest is also useful for explaining how the Eternal Fire is very much alike Christianity during the Inquisition era. Plus the whole quest line has a pessimistic, terribly grim and yeah, sad, edge to it because of the victim herself. Coupled with what you saw of her during the main quest, her fate is simply horrible. May be that didn't do a thing to you guys, but I sing, so that part really touched me. And I also read the books and it was shocking for me to see Dandelion being serious and desperate for once.

Also the "fetch quests" as you say I think were used as some sort of "goodbye" to Novigrad before changing zones, as technically speaking Geralt spends some time on Skellige once he leaves. The quest makes you go to places in the city you may not have gone to before, and goes past 3 other starting quests that you may have skipped before (I spent 25 hours in Novigrad and still missed those 3 quests, one about Novigrad spies, one about 3 rogues with stolen magical treasure, one with a murder in a back alley.

Plus I don't see what the hell did you expect for a quest in the middle of a city. There are pursuit quests, there are dungeon crawling quests, and yeah, sometimes you gotta fetch some stuff, what's the big deal ? That your first time on a RPG ? I think the "CSI' stuff is accurate as Geralt IS the best tracker in the world, who better to make a criminal investigation ? Also the whole main plot is a hunt in itself, the fact that you are annoyed by a sub-plot is puzzling to me.

All in all, looks like that dude in your quote is kind of nitpicking around stuff, I don't know if it's a matter of taste or simple ignorance of how a story works, how RPGs works, I don't know. Still I liked that quest so boogers for you both !

Romancing Triss.
Oh gawd for one second I thought she would go forever but.. she came back after telling her your feelings. That was so amazing. Heart literally was beating like hell there :hatsoff:

Almost wanted to press new game when saw she left

The quest when Geralt has disguise as a bandit and Dandelion to the rescue, laught too hard at this :))

Almost wanted to press new game when saw she left

The quest when Geralt has disguise as a bandit and Dandelion to the rescue, laught too hard at this :))

After that quest I forgot to change my sword and I fought for quite some time with the prop fake sword. And I kept wondering why I dealt no damage to the bandits :D

Hands down, Family Matters. This quest just punch you right to the gut. I remember it clearly: it was night when I played, and I could feel goosebumps when turning botchling into a lubberkin, dealing with wraiths, then following lubberkin to the hut. I cold feel the tension ticking with every moment and then the absolute sorrow when Baron was reciting the words to his daughter... It was emotionally exhausting.

I also loved 'The Ladies of the Woods' and the very first moment you speak to the crones through the tapestry and seeing them in flesh. Wow, the music, their voices, it was magical.

Another one is 'Forefathers' Eve' because it was heavily inspired by one of my favorite poem of the same name by great Adam Mickiewicz. Just like with Family Matters, the tension, the mood of night gloomy and haunting night is amazing and thrilling.

The Battle of Kaer Morhen, as I am sucker for undergrounds defending themselves in a guarded place against stronger forces. It was great to cooperate with the others. Make me wish how perfect TW4 could be with being able to have companions instead of travelling solo.

Honorable mentions to Gwent matches.

Top Bottom