Best Shop Purchase For Returning Player

+
Hi Everyone,

I am a returning player and I wanted to catch up on cards I may have missed since HomeComing. I downloaded the App and I am trying to figure out the following:

1. What is the best purchase I can make in order to catch up with a good base? I mean in terms of value and catching up if that makes sense. I can't tell if the "Ultimate" pack is a good value or not.
2. Do I have to purchase ThroneBreaker? I am trying to figure that out through the iPad but I can't.
3. Are there cards that I missed out on that I can never get because a season has passed?

Thanks and I am glad to be back.

Last edited:
Just the premium cards from Thronebreaker (they unlock during through plauthrough) . Some cosmetics from past seasons are not available but all cards are there. I can't say what to buy though because people at low ranks run really good decks and gameplay can be frustrating for new and veteran players alike. The meta changes usually monthly and what might be op this month won't be the next, so i can't advise what to purchase. I KND if suggest playing arena to get the hang of the mechanics and a few kegs here and there

Easha

Forum regular
I disagree with playing arena, as there are no daily rewards for playing it. Just play Casual to get more experience and resources.

When it comes to investments of real money: You used to be able to buy a starter pack which contained a handful of kegs and one guaranteed premium legendary card. If this pack is still available and you have not bought it before, this is as good as it gets regarding value.
If not, the ultimate starter pack is okay if you do the math: The 7 kegs of each set cost 8,50€ if you buy them in the shop, so this alone would already be 34€. So you get cheaper kegs and the mirror shards on top.

If you buy Thronebreaker on GOG (NOT on Steam), you get quite some ingame goodies. Cards, vanity... And many contracts if you play Thronebreaker, which grant Reward Points for Online Gwent. You can spend those on ore nodes in the reward book and buy exactly the kegs you need from ore. Thronebreaker is a good game, the goodies for online Gwent just an added bonus.

All existing cards are available to everyone. Only some cosmetic items like boards/borders/titles/avatars are not accessable due to pre-order exclusives.

Top Bottom