best voice acting of all time?

+

mbrto

Forum regular
i played quite a few video games over the years.
but i dont think i have ever seen anything that comes close to performance of the voice actors in cp2077.
imho its a major factor why the characters feel so alive.

does this game have the best voice acting of all time?
what is your favourite work when it comes to voice acting in video games?

Morrowind had the best. :whistle:

ok not that funny...

I thought Bioshock Infinite was excellent.

also
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Borderlands
Batman: Arkham Asylum

I`m currently playing RDR2 and I have to say actors did a great job with all those wild west accents. Probably better produced than CP2077, but because its a bit different game the whole thing feels like very.... cartoonish? I dont know, you can hear its GTA in wild west and even than its nice, polished and shiny it doesnt give me emotions like CP2077 which has that dark, dramatic vibe in characters and voices which really make me feel that they are real people.

In general its a puzzle where it only works if all elements fit which is story, graphics, dialogues and voice actors.

Female V, Judy, Johnny, Rogue, Panam, Jackie. They definitely did a fantastic job.

Mostly, I agree.

Cherami Leigh (female V) did an amazing job. I mean, amazing job. It's far above anything else in the game in my opinion.

Then there are Judy, Panam, Viktor, Misty, Jackie, male V and the likes that are all very well done.

Then there is Johnny and a few others that vary between "eeeehhh" and very good. I like Keanu Reeves as a person but as an actor his performances vary greatly and are often.... flat. Unfortunately, he's not a terribly good voice actor and that fact is only more apparent when compared to the rest of the game's mostly stellar performances. His flatness shines through very often.

Overall, I wouldn't call it "the best of all times". Definitely amongst the best performances though.

"BEST VOICE ACTING OF ALL TIME?"

The voice acting in CP77 is fantastic. Very well performed. Very credible, which is very difficult to achieve. At the time, the first moment that reached very well voice acting performance to my accounts, was this.

Back then I thought it was awesome.

The whole cast did an outstanding job.

But the two standouts are definitely Cherami Leigh (Female V) and Carla Tassara (Judy). They conveyed all of the emotions the characters were going through perfectly.

I have yet to hear better voice acting in a video game. So yes, this is indeed the best voice acting I've experienced so far.

Last edited:
There is some great performances in CP without a doubt and i need to applaud the actors/actresses, directors, writers etc for probably some of the best characters i've had the pleasure to meet in a game.

That said where there is highs there also is lows at points, most notably in the player character V, i dont know if it was a problem with directing, time, editing or all but the PC most definitely is on a lower tier than the NPC cast, i think V was also maybe "dumbed" down to make npc "brighter" or maybe its a problem that occured with skill specific dialogue, whatever the case V can be all over the place, one minute intelligent the next dumb as fook, one minute having a great convo the next screeching there lungs out for no reason, one minute being nice then the next sentence being a dick.

I think both male an female V actors did a great job but i believe the ppl that are responsible for dialogue choices need to up there game 100%, what choice i picked was all to often not representative of what but even worse HOW something was said leading to a unintentional V that as ive said is all over the place.

If your looking for examples look to conversations with Johnny an more noticeably The Heist and nigh everything thats displayed in covo with jackie vrs what and how its all actually said

i played quite a few video games over the years.
but i dont think i have ever seen anything that comes close to performance of the voice actors in cp2077.
imho its a major factor why the characters feel so alive.

does this game have the best voice acting of all time?
what is your favourite work when it comes to voice acting in video games?
Aside from Johnny, I thought most of the voice acting was decent. Maybe it's just a problem with the script for Johnny, or maybe it's just me, but a lot of the lines seem a bit subdued. Is 'flat' the right word? (ah I see someone above used the word flat, so it could well be)
I definitely thought female V came across better than male V. Although both were good.
Fixers and major characters from the gangs were good and I liked dexter deshawn a lot.
It's often the little things though that make the overall experience believable. I do think Johnny could have used a bit of urgency and edge - but it's only an opinion, and a minor niggle at that.

Last edited:
It's mostly good to great. The occasionally awkward dialogue holds it back. And as much as I hate to say it, Keanu's Johnny wasn't entirely convincing.

Mostly, I agree.

Cherami Leigh (female V) did an amazing job. I mean, amazing job. It's far above anything else in the game in my opinion.

Then there are Judy, Panam, Viktor, Misty, Jackie, male V and the likes that are all very well done.

Then there is Johnny and a few others that vary between "eeeehhh" and very good. I like Keanu Reeves as a person but as an actor his performances vary greatly and are often.... flat. Unfortunately, he's not a terribly good voice actor and that fact is only more apparent when compared to the rest of the game's mostly stellar performances. His flatness shines through very often.

Overall, I wouldn't call it "the best of all times". Definitely amongst the best performances though.
Fully agree. Having played through as both a male and female V, my playthrough with Cherami's voice acting adds MUCH more to the emotional storytelling I think they were going for. I've gone back a couple times as a male and while it's not bad, everything just sounds off.

It's mostly good to great. The occasionally awkward dialogue holds it back. And as much as I hate to say it, Keanu's Johnny wasn't entirely convincing.
Yeah agreed. I don't think it's entirely Keanu's fault. Sometimes a script and an actors style don't gel. Pretty much everything else about his performance and the character go quite well together - appearance, overall presence, the bitterness he put into the character etc - its just the delivery didn't quite hit the mark for some reason. (imo)
OTH some of those lines would be difficult to pull off without the cheese factor getting in the way -
"I was too busy shaking the world awake!" for example.
That kind of thing. A lot of the clichéd stuff Johnny comes out with, didn't actually sound as bad at it could have done. So credit where its due, I guess, can't fault the guy too much in that respect.

Last edited:
I think both male an female V actors did a great job but i believe the ppl that are responsible for dialogue choices need to up there game 100%, what choice i picked was all to often not representative of what but even worse HOW something was said leading to a unintentional V that as ive said is all over the place.

If your looking for examples look to conversations with Johnny an more noticeably The Heist and nigh everything thats displayed in covo with jackie vrs what and how its all actually said

Yeah there are few places where V changes her mood 180 degree and back for no reason. Its noticeable and I guess its probably because if V has few options in a dialogue and you can take couple of roads with different emotions, at some point they meet again to continue "common" dialogue but emotions in that "junction" do not always match all those previous paths. To do it properly, they should probably double the time in a studio but thats a lof of cost and at the end no to many people with pay attention to those details. There were moments where I wish V could tone it down a bit, but on the other hand I also loved her emotional responses in comparison to male V which felt just OK.

Only for Leigh alone, I will be extremely dissapointed if we dont get V`s continuation in DLCs as I would love to hear more of her. If there will be another character, I know that I will constantly be comparing them thinking which one is more "my V".

Guest 3847602

It is one of the best I've seen, yes. Hard to tell if it's better than TW3 or AC4 BF, though.
Main cast is great, female V in particular, but some of the "e-celebrities" who voiced minor characters are painful to listen to. Resident Evil 1 kind of bad.

IMO voice acting is top class.
There is no single character sounding out of place or over-egzalted.

Love female V's voice. Thumbs up to Cherami Leigh(y)

Gangsters reactions are funny.
My V jumped from the roof near the unexpecing goon. He shouted in fear and astonishment something like "What the... I nearly shit myself". :ROFLMAO:

Don't play that many games but overall, considering whole cast of NPC's and how different they are to each other, not only different personalities but there's culture, ethnicity, social class, other things like Kerry's voice actor must convey old person, who is rockstar, whom has gone through ascent through social classes.

I don't equal quality of voice acting based on how I like someone's voice or dramatic presentation but simply conveying character and on that regard CP 2077 is the best I have played. I really appreciate the voice directing here too, as there was way more to cover than in the Mass Effect games or the Outer Worlds. Single mom with kids, uncle, playing AR game with uncle and kids, has that sort of thing even done before in any game?

Top Bottom