Best way to play the game: OVERENCUMBERED!! [Adjustable camera]

+
it's dynamic based on situation, so the walking-around-camera has nothing to do with combat.
but I personally do like Geralt not taking up too much of my screen. his back always looks the same, the environment doesn't.

I just saw it here

Interesting, they might have delivered a nearly perfect version then ;)

Yeah,default exploration camera should be close to Geralt.I'm saying this since release,they should add camera options in this game. In combat though the camera is useful as it is,since you need to see much of your surroundings

The camera distance is useful in combat, as it increases your awareness (now, is that good or bad, that's a question) but fully agree. I simply don't get it, it looks so much better with TW2 camera distance !

And yes, what a pity to have to do this for the camera to be correctly positionned ;)

Totally agree for the combat. I meant mostly on exploration. I customed my camera to have a closer one on exploration. And normal one with no lock on combat. But I find sooooo awesome to have a real close cam when locking a target. That I changed lol.

Yup, I also use a closer camera for exploration with AbsoluteCam. The combat camera is left as it is in default, but the closer exploration one just adds to immersion significantly.

After more than 150 hours in, I have found the best way to play the game in my opinion:

TURN OFF THE INTERFACE AND GO OVERENCUMBERED!

This will add soooooo much to your immersion while playing! Trust me!

Camera will zoom on Geralt and you can only walk. This way you will feel the world much bigger and immersive!

Then turn off the HUD so you won't have distractions on the screen and the "overencoumbered" sign.

Exploring the world in this way it's a completely different experience, it feels way more alive! You will see so much details that you won't see while playing with the normal zoomed out camera.

I am playing on ps4 , I think pc players should have mode for that without going overencoumbered....But for us, console players, this is a good method to add immersion without the possibility to adjust manually the game camera :)

Try it, you won't regret!!

And you're not springing a leak over the fact that geralt's carrying 2000 pounds? That's the most unimmersive thing there is.

(also, I though OP was trolling, apparently not. Too bad, would've been funnier)

And you're not springing a leak over the fact that geralt's carrying 2000 pounds? That's the most unimmersive thing there is.

(also, I though OP was trolling, apparently not. Too bad, would've been funnier)

No man, I am not trolling.
Sadly, going overencumbered for me is the only way to fully appreciate the game at the moment because I don't feel immerse in the game with the standard camera...So, until they give an option to adjust the camera closer to Geralt, this will be the way I play.
The only thing I regret is that I don't have a way to run and sometimes, just walking, feels too slow... But, when I have to reach a place in hurry I use Roach

Yes, it's not immersive carrying more than 2000 pounds... but anyway, even if I am not overencumbered I can carry something like 6-7 armors and 10 swords...So it doesn't feel realistic anyway ;)

No man, I am not trolling.
Sadly, going overencumbered for me is the only way to fully appreciate the game at the moment because I don't feel immerse in the game with the standard camera...So, until they give an option to adjust the camera closer to Geralt, this will be the way I play.
The only thing I regret is that I don't have a way to run and sometimes, just walking, feels too slow... But, when I have to reach a place in hurry I use Roach

Yes, it's not immersive carrying more than 2000 pounds... but anyway, even if I am not overencumbered I can carry something like 6-7 armors and 10 swords...So it doesn't feel realistic anyway ;)

I always feel that immersiveness is up to the player.
"OMG this controller doesn't slice my wrist over when I die in the game?! Bah, this game lacks immersiveness!". Yes, that is a stereotypicalised overdramatisation of the commonplace recurring argument.
If you want immersiveness, the only thing for you is a book. That allows your own mind to create and shape the world to your liking. Games are by nature not an immersive institution. Games require input and intervention of the experiencing person. The moment those come into play, a story becomes tailor-made. And CDPR do a damn fine job of tailoring to as many players as possible, but this can never be for all.
Therefore, I find people argumenting the lack of immersion to just be short of fantasy and a creative mind. It’s not really the game’s fault…
Older games on (for example) on the Game boy used to suck people in as well. Nobody was complaining about the immersiveness there… because back then, people actually were used to filling in the blanks more. Apparently, now this is less so.

As I wrote this, I realise it may come off as insulting, while this is certainly not meant to be so. So apologies if it does.

One of the immediate problems I had with Witcher 3 when I started playing it, was the complete bonkers camera modes...I honestly just don't get it and I got to work almost immediately trying to find a mod to improve it.

You have normal exploration camera that is zoomed out too far for no reason

You have that terrible jarring zoom-in when using Witcher sense. Nice gimmick for the first 5 minutes, but after 20 hours, the novelty wears off and this becomes a massive pain in the backside!

Interior camera zoom in very effectively achieves a sense of claustrophobia.

The only camera state that is "OK" is the combat, although I still prefer it to be closer.

I'm using Absolute Camera and I simply can't play the game with vanilla camera any more. There are just too much variance and unnecessary movement way too often.

Less is more! Instead I feel like I am constantly getting yanked around in the game when using the vanilla camera modes. It is awful!

I always feel that immersiveness is up to the player.
"OMG this controller doesn't slice my wrist over when I die in the game?! Bah, this game lacks immersiveness!". Yes, that is a stereotypicalised overdramatisation of the commonplace recurring argument.
If you want immersiveness, the only thing for you is a book. That allows your own mind to create and shape the world to your liking. Games are by nature not an immersive institution. Games require input and intervention of the experiencing person. The moment those come into play, a story becomes tailor-made. And CDPR do a damn fine job of tailoring to as many players as possible, but this can never be for all.
Therefore, I find people argumenting the lack of immersion to just be short of fantasy and a creative mind. It’s not really the game’s fault…
Older games on (for example) on the Game boy used to suck people in as well. Nobody was complaining about the immersiveness there… because back then, people actually were used to filling in the blanks more. Apparently, now this is less so.

As I wrote this, I realise it may come off as insulting, while this is certainly not meant to be so. So apologies if it does.

Since the immersion is subjective to each player, I believe the more setting for camera are given, the more players are happy.
I don't believe why they still have not given us an option to adjust this camera as we want..

I'm using Absolute Camera and I simply can't play the game with vanilla camera any more./QUOTE said:
Choice is always good, especially in gaming, when everyone likes something slightly different. It's why I can't believe we don't have a camera zoom slider or something in the menu. It just doesn't make sense. But then again, they completely removed the ability to slow walk outside because people complained about responsiveness. What about all the people who enjoyed it? Some of the dev's choices with this game have left me dumbfounded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom