Best way to play the game: OVERENCUMBERED!! [Adjustable camera]

+
Best way to play the game: OVERENCUMBERED!! [Adjustable camera]

After more than 150 hours in, I have found the best way to play the game in my opinion:

TURN OFF THE INTERFACE AND GO OVERENCUMBERED!

This will add soooooo much to your immersion while playing! Trust me!

Camera will zoom on Geralt and you can only walk. This way you will feel the world much bigger and immersive!

Then turn off the HUD so you won't have distractions on the screen and the "overencoumbered" sign.

Exploring the world in this way it's a completely different experience, it feels way more alive! You will see so much details that you won't see while playing with the normal zoomed out camera.

I am playing on ps4 , I think pc players should have mode for that without going overencoumbered....But for us, console players, this is a good method to add immersion without the possibility to adjust manually the game camera :)

Try it, you won't regret!!

Shame console player have to do such things... Getting the camera that much behind Geralt compare to 2014 was not a good Idea in my humble opinion. I put back the 2014 camera distance with the mod and it doesn't change a thing in gameplay... I would like to understand this decision. Sometime I feel it's just to see better the Nvidia tech on clothes...

Shame console player have to do such things... Getting the camera that much behind Geralt compare to 2014 was not a good Idea in my humble opinion. I put back the 2014 camera distance with the mod and it doesn't change a thing in gameplay... I would like to understand this decision. Sometime I feel it's just to see better the Nvidia tech on clothes...

The camera distance is useful in combat, as it increases your awareness (now, is that good or bad, that's a question) but fully agree. I simply don't get it, it looks so much better with TW2 camera distance !

And yes, what a pity to have to do this for the camera to be correctly positionned ;)

Yes, that's how I have my camera set up on PC. Fully extended left stick only makes Geralt walk, while holding a button makes him run.

yes that's the bst way to see the landscape, environment and npc's, my geralt is not overencumbered, i'm using a mod for that camera configuration,

I actually like the vanilla cam position. The only time I want it closer is when I walking. So I made my custom mod, when I press a button on the controller, the camera moves closer to Geralt, not as close when overcumbered, more like TW2 style, and also Geralt can't run in this mod. So, when I want more immersion, I just press the button.

Shame console player have to do such things

I agree.

For the moment this is the only way I can fully enjoy the game... I hope with Blood and wine or with future patches they add the option to make the camera closer..
I think it's not difficult to implement. Just make an option to adjust the camera closer...In combat it can easily zoom out as it works when you are overencumbered.

I thought for sure that they would implement some form of camera options in one of the patches or updates. But unfortunately I've been told there are no plans to do this. I'm a ps4 player and like you I find the camera to be much too far behind Geralt. Guess we have to buy a PC or play over encumbered.

I thought for sure that they would implement some form of camera options in one of the patches or updates. But unfortunately I've been told there are no plans to do this. I'm a ps4 player and like you I find the camera to be much too far behind Geralt. Guess we have to buy a PC or play over encumbered.

Well, maybe now with the new 1.20 patch or with Enhanced edition they add the option for adjusting the camera ;)

I think the only way this could happen is if enough people let CDPR know it's something they want implemented. And it would have to happen soon before they completely move to Cyberpunk. @Marcin Momot has told me there are no plans for camera options. :(

@Marcin Momot has told me there are no plans for camera options.

That's sad... I hope they change their minds. I am not asking for something too difficult to implement... Just the zoomed camera of when you are overencumbered but not being overencumbered ! I think it costs nothing to them and a lot of console player would love to have this option

The camera distance is useful in combat, as it increases your awareness (now, is that good or bad, that's a question) but fully agree. I simply don't get it, it looks so much better with TW2 camera distance !

I personally use close cam, even for combat. Yeah, zoomed out camera helps being aware, but that also mean you can't really use the good mechanics of the combat. If you barely see the world around you, you should move constantly to avoid getting hit, etc.

Frankly, since B&W will have no auto sheathe, enemy scaling (presumably), i don't get why they didn't implement any camera options :(

I have seen that in the "options" screen from a german BaW preview there is a feature called " automatischen zentrieren der kamera"..Translating like " automatically centering of the camera".... this is new! Do you think it could be something related to the zoomed camera?? I so much hope for this!!

I have seen that in the "options" screen from a german BaW preview there is a feature called " automatischen zentrieren der kamera"..Translating like " automatically centering of the camera".... this is new! Do you think it could be something related to the zoomed camera?? I so much hope for this!!

This is great! Probably relates to the camera auto centering when riding Roach though. But that's a start!

not to mention geralt walking animation look so .. weird, with default camera i cant stand watching it, i have to back it up and hide it

that menas the camera centers on geralt afeter a while of movement or on collision with walls or objects, but no zoom, no fov modification

not to mention geralt walking animation look so .. weird, with default camera i cant stand watching it, i have to back it up and hide it

So jealous at least you can do this. Haha, your mods are so gorgeous Essenthy, and I love how your camera looks exactly like the Wild Hunt demos.

Have not messed with the camera in any of my playthroughs, I have afew days till B&W come out, might aswell give it a try.

it's dynamic based on situation, so the walking-around-camera has nothing to do with combat.
but I personally do like Geralt not taking up too much of my screen. his back always looks the same, the environment doesn't.

Where do you get that from ?

I just saw it here

Top Bottom