Best witcher gear sets

+
Best witcher gear sets

I'm curious, which of the witcher gear sets (Cat, Grifin, Wolf) is considered to be best for fast combat style?
Or do you use other sets (not from witcher schools)?

I'm curious, which of the witcher gear sets (Cat, Grifin, Wolf) is considered to be best for fast combat style?
Or do you use other sets (not from witcher schools)?
Cat.

Fast combat style benefits from light armor due to Cat School Techniques. Only cat school armor is light armor.

Or anything you like visually with the levity enchantment from runesmith. ;)

I agree that cat is the best if it comes to fast combat style, but in truth if you are good at doging, and don't mash attack button you can wear any armor you like. For instance i'm using Wolf Armor which is jack of trades if it comes to Witcher sets and I rarely use strong attacks, and signs I mainly use for crowd control.

Currently I use mastercrafted wolf gear and was not sure if cat is not better :)
I have HoS expansion and not sure if I don't miss something. I have read that there are some runewords. But I'm not sure if I didn't miss something. I have just begun HoS (talked with Olgierd for the first time and got that first quest in sewers). So, will I find some receipts? Or craftsmen to do such magic? Or I should see it automaticaly in some menu at certain moment of the game? (currently I'm at work and can't see "ingame" :))

I go by my fashion sense. Skellige/Velen: Ursine & Viper, Toussaint: Wolf gear.

Basically Viper looks great everywhere and Ursine is perfect in the cold climate of Skellige. Wolf gear looks perfect among the warm climate and shiny knights of Toussaint.

Last edited:
cat is for fast combat, griffin is alos very good it increases energy regeneration and you need nergy to roll, some attacks

I use all of them. Ursine when in Skellige, Viper/Griffin in Velen, Cat/Wolf/Manticore in Novigrad/Toussaint region.

Can't go wrong with Wolf gear for a combat build because of it's buffs to attack & adrenaline points.

If you're using the mutation 'Euphoria', the Manticore armor adds 30 points to toxicity, and increase your attack power and signal intensity a bit (beyond that, it's one of the best lookings among the armors).

Manticore is from BW expansion? (I have only started HoS and I'll purchase BW afterwards)
And when I have to start looking for Grandmastercrafted formulas? (I have seen in internet, that there are such).

Cat everywhere except for the first time in Skellige, where he looks silly going around in something sleeveless. So Ursine there.

Grandmaster is only available in Blood and Wine, which is also where you get Manticore. Grandmaster would be overpowered in the base game.

The best looking one from HoS, imo, is New Moon, but you have to watch what you get - there's more than one quality. You need the Relic version.

Last edited:
Ran wolf primarily through Main and HoS. Used New Moon for a while in HoS (until I accidentally sold the boots and couldn't find a way to get them back). Went for 3 pieces ea. of Griffin and Manticore when i upgraded to GM gear in B&W. Thought about testing a Balance enchanted (probably Ursine) "cherry picked" group of items just see how it plays.

Thought about testing a Balance enchanted (probably Ursine) "cherry picked" group of items just see how it plays.

In B&W three pieces each from Cat and Ursine would give my build the most useful bonuses, but it looks stupid, so I don't. Sigh. Looks are so important to a witcher.

I like the Wolven, 3 oils on the sword at the same time

I tried that first, but felt mine was bugged. Once I had three oils, I couldn't change any of them. At one point I was using Draconid, Vampire and cursed on my GM Wolven Silver, and tried to add Insect (expecting the oldest oil would go away) but no. It just wouldn't take. I could "refresh" the three that were applied, but had to change to Aerondight to get a sword with Insect oil (and ended up adding Elementa and Necrophage there). Ultimately I found it a hassle to change out swords at the start of fights because I could not change the oils themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom