Beta Challenges and More Diverse AI

+
OK; I realize I'm in a really, really small minority of active players, but I routinely play Practice mode when testing out a deck. Yes, I realize I could switch to Casual instead and play against a live human being, but one can always find oneself against a much stronger player in Casual than one would first face in Ranked. And I also realize that development of the Practice mode is likely about number 2,000 of the top 2,000 things the developers are working on.

All that said, must Practice mode always be against the same Arachas Queen deck? Maybe your experience is different, but that's all I face. It makes it pointless to test out things like artifact removal, for example, because I don't think the practice Arachas Queen deck even has them.

This is a really minor concern, but it would still be nice if there would a few more leaders to practice against! Thanks for listening.

I also faces Arachas Queen all the time playing the practice mode. I am assuming that the homecoming mechanism is too new for the AI to play the other decks effectively enough to showcase.

Since I am new and cannot post new threads in the suggestion section, maybe someone can move this over there.

I think it would be great if CDPR would make the Practice mode more customizable. I have played several practice matches since I downloaded Gwent to get accustomed to the new mechanics and they have not really done anything to it. Out of the 5-10 matches I played in the Practice mode, I played against Monsters every time. I know it doesn't really matter since it's just practice, and many will say "just play casual for practice," but for people who like to build and test out decks before going to ranked or even casual, it would be nice to have an option to quickly create a match, pick what faction you want to go against and set a NPC difficulty level. That way you can jump in, play a whole game, or even just one round, realize the deck needs drastic tweaking and quit the match to head over to the deck builder to make corrections.

Or if CDPR wants to go above and beyond, integrate a practice mode or simulation mode in the deck builder where you can throw a deck together, click "test" and it loads you into a game with parameters you select, i.e. what round you start in, how many points the opponent has, what faction you are facing, who has red/blue coin or even a mirror matchup option. This would streamline the deck building process while giving the user more flexibility in creating new decks.

I posted a thread like this last year and a moderator mentioned they were working on something very similar to this. It must have been scraped during Homecomings developing or maybe it's still being looked at, I hope to see this quality of life improvement along with many more in the near future.

If anyone from CDPR reads this, keep up the great work, love all that you do!

I an issue with the Arachas Queen. Been playin HC and just come on to Gwent. Think I must have done the tutorial a month ago. But cant see it anywhere now. All practice games are against Arachus which really is no challenge. Any ideas to sort this out.. Also where are the tutorials?

Currently practice mode is only against Arachas Queen. Looks like CDPR is still working on the other opponents. So we‘ll have to wait a bit for more.

You can replay the tutorial by checking out your rewards book. Just look for Geralt.

I've noticed that when I have a practice match against the CPU it's always against the Arachas Queen consume deck no matter what leader I pick to play with. I don't know if it's intended but it definitely needs adressing. Sometimes I just want to test new combos or decks against the CPU and it's just not fun playing against the same deck.

Well, it's not a bug. For now, there is only one opponent in practice mode. I'm sure there will be more sooner or later.

The Practice Mode needs a variation of decks. I'm tired of fighting the Arachas Queen. I would like to practice against another style of deck and strategy. As an added bonus, I would like to be able to go up against my own created deck as an option.

I would also like to see them expound on the tutorial story with a story mode. It brings life to the game. Include a mode that is strictly against computer for solo playing. That is something I really enjoyed in Yugioh back in the day.

Training mode only has Arachas Swarm

The Training game mode only matches me up with the Arachas Swarm opponent. Is it intentional to only have one enemy type/deck in the training mode, or is it a sort of bug?

Guest 4368268

Yes, all intentional. For me it's always buggy as hell to top it off too.

Yes, that‘s normal. Currently, practice mode isn‘t that useful. But I‘m sure it will improve sooner or later.

I sure hope they get back to this as a decent variety of AI is such a key tool to understanding the basic gimmicks of each faction before getting into ranked play.

Guest 4336264

Currently practice mode is only against Arachas Queen. Looks like CDPR is still working on the other opponents. So we‘ll have to wait a bit for more.

You can replay the tutorial by checking out your rewards book. Just look for Geralt.
Funnily enough, I've found that the tutorial has been removed from the Reward Book (unless I'm missing something...). I suggested in another thread that the developers should create more Reward Book content featuring AI battles like the tutorial, with attached story. That'd certainly help make the Reward Book a little more interesting.

I apologize if this has been brought up before. I have just recently jumped back into gwent after quitting back when the homecoming patch came out. I am enjoying the game again especially since coming to IOS. But the one thing that still bothers me is the lack of faction variety in the training section. Its possible that not many people use it but I do when im trying out new decks to see how different cards interact. Unfortunately its not that helpful when im playing the same monster deck over and over again. It would be nice if there was a deck for each faction to play against or even to be able to choose the deck you play against. Im confident if i come up against an arachas swarm deck that i will be sufficiently prepared! Its just a passing thought. Even if it was just another generic deck for each faction. That would be better than what we have otherwise why even have a training mode if your not gonna flesh it out a bit more.

Top Bottom