Beta Ending Questions

+
Gwent road map is -
New cards in 2019
Thronebreaker 2020
Game released 2028
Toussent and Vampires in 2099

Nah, im joking. MTG arena and Gaben CCG with Dota heroes will force CDPR to close Gwent project very soon. Because it is not solo game like withcer 3, you cant keep players eating same meta for 3 months without reputation and auditory loss.

Guest 4226291

VladAtheris;n10696481 said:
A reset is not unlikely. It is impossible. How the hell you could even think it might happen is beyond me.

It’s not impossible. They easily have the power to. All player profiles are stored on their server.

ZenaRose;n10767161 said:
MTG arena and Gaben CCG with Dota heroes will force CDPR to close Gwent project very soon.

Having played MTG Arena myself, I can tell you that it's in a poor state right now; even worse then when Gwent first started. While I imagine MTG will improve a lot, it will not become a threat to Gwent. Not only because it's currently lacking but also because it's a completely different type of CCG which might not even attract the Gwent players (for better or worse).

Having watched Artifact (DotA Heroes), it also seems to go for a completely different style. Even so, I suspect Gwent might lose a few players to this and I know some of them will come back eventually. In the end, even Artifact will not be enough to "crush" Gwent.

No, if Gwent does go under, it's not because there are better alternatives, but rather because CDPR messed it up themselves. I don't think they will ever let it come this far, though.

ZenaRose;n10767161 said:
Gwent road map is -
New cards in 2019
Thronebreaker 2020
Game released 2028
Toussent and Vampires in 2099

Nah, im joking. MTG arena and Gaben CCG with Dota heroes will force CDPR to close Gwent project very soon. Because it is not solo game like withcer 3, you cant keep players eating same meta for 3 months without reputation and auditory loss.

we know absolutely nothing about the artifact game. not even the basic mechanics have been released and it will probably be a steaming pile of buggy unbalanced shit for at least a year and/or pay2win like hearthstone.

mtg will have its core fans but if anything the problem with that game is that they release too many new cards/mechanics too frequently and they are definitely going to expect a constant stream of whales cracking packs and playing gold lands while you are stuck with shitty basics. unless the arena is a smaller pool they are working with.

ZenaRose;n10767161 said:
Because it is not solo game like withcer 3, you cant keep players eating same meta for 3 months without reputation and auditory loss.

Yeah, sure, 3 months with the same meta is total crap.

Gwent should be like Hearthstone that has expansions every 4 months... Ops, I mean like MTG, that changes the meta every quarter... Ops again, but I mean, Shadowverse adds expansion every 3 months... erm... I mean...

Ye, of course, gloryboys. Alchemy Nilfgard and Brouver coinabusers is waiting you in ranked righ now (for 3 months already) :) Go grind some scraps, its so fun and interractive.
Or maybe try to have some fun in RNG arena, where skill means nothing, because you can predict exactly 0 cards in opponents hand.

Im not say that other CCG dont have its own problems and they are better than Gwent, no. Im say that Gwent needs more changes, more hard work from devs, more cards and more balance patches.
I have full card collection and lvl 100, and there is nothing to do in this game right now, i dont want grind ladder with same toxic meta and I dont want grind full rng arena. I dont need tournaments with "cybersportsmans" playing same boring decks like 3 monhts ago.
I want new bronze cards, mechanics, archetypes and game mods in this game. I want this game to develop. Because i loved it...
Make Gwent great again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom