Betrayal Or Loyalty: DeShawn *Spoiler Alert*

+
I'll play along with the idea the game seems to go for that V and Jackie are naive on their approach to the major leagues and Dex's betrayal is some sort of wake-up call for how Night City treats the bottom of the food chain. We as players know Dex will most likely betray us but unless there's a reason for V in-universe to think so too I won't accept Evelyn's offer as betraying the first big deal Fixer willing to work with you won't look good on your resume. I am curious to see how many variations the betrayal has: in the 2019 CG Trailer he hates the unwanted attention V and Jackie brought out but in The Gig he says he simply can't risk it, as if it was less about a fuck-up and more about tying up loose ends. I think CDPR knows after the 2019 trailer most people will betray Dex because they know what will happen at the motel so I'm curious to see whether they play with those expectations or not and how exactly Jackie and his possible survival fit into it all.

It may be meta-gaming, but it is what it is; I know V is less than expendable to DeShawn and he'd sell her out faster than I could blink if it made him money or got him out of trouble, so if Evelyn's offer is attractive enough? You damn skippy I'll betray him, and wont think twice about it. :cool:

After the horrible CGI trailer where Jackie dies :c I'm definitely betraying Dex and siding with Evelyn lol
I'm gonna betray Dex before he can even betray me so that I don't have to betray him back before he double betrays me so right before he gives me his first quest mission and I sit in his car I'm gonna put a whoopie cushion in his chair and when he sits down he's gonna let out the biggest fart and the driver is going to inhale it at its hottest and crash the car into arasaka tower and the whole *******ing thing exploded and I will get the secret early "you're a genius" ending right at the start of the game. :smart:
It may be meta-gaming, but it is what it is; I know V is less than expendable to DeShawn and he'd sell her out faster than I could blink if it made him money or got him out of trouble, so if Evelyn's offer is attractive enough? You damn skippy I'll betray him, and wont think twice about it. :cool:
Right now I’m looking at plying a hardline merc. You pay me to do a job, I do the job. After all, betraying those that hire you isn’t good for business.
I`ll see how things play out . As Codecypher says how will the consequence of betraying Dex play out with other Fixers and betraying Dex will end any chance of more missions for him .
I'll play along with the idea the game seems to go for that V and Jackie are naive on their approach to the major leagues and Dex's betrayal is some sort of wake-up call for how Night City treats the bottom of the food chain. We as players know Dex will most likely betray us but unless there's a reason for V in-universe to think so too I won't accept Evelyn's offer as betraying the first big deal Fixer willing to work with you won't look good on your resume. I am curious to see how many variations the betrayal has: in the 2019 CG Trailer he hates the unwanted attention V and Jackie brought out but in The Gig he says he simply can't risk it, as if it was less about a fuck-up and more about tying up loose ends. I think CDPR knows after the 2019 trailer most people will betray Dex because they know what will happen at the motel so I'm curious to see whether they play with those expectations or not and how exactly Jackie and his possible survival fit into it all.
It's an interesting situation for sure. So much to think about. wow.

Last edited:
Somehow I will get him kicked out of the Afterlife and make him become a hobo merc for hire and I will become his fixer. At first, I would give him the weirdest jobs. Later, after evaluating his performance across his jobs/missions/contracts I will give him harder tasks. Then, lone wolf suicide contracts.

We as players know Dex will most likely betray us but unless there's a reason for V in-universe to think so too I won't accept Evelyn's offer as betraying the first big deal Fixer willing to work with you won't look good on your resume.

There's a good reason V might betray Dex. He may be short sighted and see the potential for a much larger payout without thinking through the consequences.

deshawn only took out v in the trailer because v was stupid and got the cops involved in a major way. very pragmatic and business oriented. can't hate that. but he's a suge knight type hip hop guy so he has to go

Top Bottom