Better Safecracker Ideas

+
Well, usually damage is superior to boost for varius reasons. When you have a stable Helge this will be a thread for your opponent.

As I mentioned, if you take Helge in consideration, you should compare it with Sir Skewertooth, not Safecrackers.
And yes, I agree, that damage is superior to boost, but in this specific comparison, if you have an immunity on your piggy, your realistically only threats are Yrden and Curse of Corruption (plus 2/3 other cards that haven't seen any play except for meme decks), while Helge is vulnerable to all sorts of removals and locks.

Tunnel drill is now very comparable to Whoreson´s Freakshow with more upside potential (3 dmg) but also more downside potential (1 dmg).

In theory yes, but realistically it's not. Rarely have I seen the Drill being all on its own with no cronwsplitters around. With cards like Cleaver and Novigradian Justice it's very unlikely not to find the crownsplitters entourage. Practically only Nilfgard is able to keep crippling the Drill condition with spies, but only to some extent.
And you also need to consider the card potential combined with the leader ability. Assuming you spend 8 coins and then another 6 from LP leader, Freakshow deals 14 points of damage, whilst Drill 21. These two numbers are hardly comparable.

I honestly think nerfing this card was justified, it was just too cheap to get round control on either coin for the crime deck. There is a reason many teams/ analysts think this deck is tier 0.

As I mentioned, if you take Helge in consideration, you should compare it with Sir Skewertooth, not Safecrackers.
And yes, I agree, that damage is superior to boost, but in this specific comparison, if you have an immunity on your piggy, your realistically only threats are Yrden and Curse of Corruption (plus 2/3 other cards that haven't seen any play except for meme decks), while Helge is vulnerable to all sorts of removals and locks.

Yes, both Helge and Sir Skewertooth are very strong cards.
My basic argument is that after the next patch Safecracker will be a very bad card. Of course it´s currently too strong.

Honestly, I could even live with body 1 and Devotion Intimidate (basically both of these cards) but currently it is just bad and same as before the latest patch buffing safecrackers.

In theory yes, but realistically it's not. Rarely have I seen the Drill being all on its own with no cronwsplitters around. With cards like Cleaver and Novigradian Justice it's very unlikely not to find the crownsplitters entourage. Practically only Nilfgard is able to keep crippling the Drill condition with spies, but only to some extent.
And you also need to consider the card potential combined with the leader ability. Assuming you spend 8 coins and then another 6 from LP leader, Freakshow deals 14 points of damage, whilst Drill 21. These two numbers are hardly comparable.

It really depends on the situation. In short round 3 there can be situations where you have you for instance your tunnel dril Jacques and Crimes or something comparable.
One nerf might be: If there are no allied crownsplitters at the beginning of your turn gain rupture .

Top Bottom