Betting option at beginning of each match

+
Betting option at beginning of each match

What you guys think about a betting option at the beginning of each match in which you can dare your opponent to a bet just like it was in the original W3 game? I'm talking about either betting ore or even a card from the losing opponent. Of course people could choose if to accept or not. What you say?

I think that'd be hilarious. Idk if I'm going to like it but the idea sounds fun and authentic. The only problem is that it would somewhat make Gwent look like digital gambling.

Well... this can actually work. You don't need to bet the player himself but there can be a system where you bet against "the house".

e.g.
Player 1 bets the house (AI) "50 ore" that he'll defeat Player 2.
Player 2 can also bet... or not. He decides not to

Scenario A: Player 1 wins. He gets the winning bonus. And 100 ore from the House (The AI)
Scenario B: Player 1 Loses. He loses everything. Player 2 gets a small 20 Ore bonus for winning.

With this mechanic you're not gambling, or betting other players, you're betting on yourself against the AI.

Could be fun

Unless I am wrong, you really have no idea how powerful your opponent is. You may bet a bunch and then realize that you will get crushed. Will there be a level shown for your opponent?

Unless I am wrong, you really have no idea how powerful your opponent is. You may bet a bunch and then realize that you will get crushed. Will there be a level shown for your opponent?

What I was thinking, yes, use it in a future ranked mode, where you're playing similar players to your elo rank. Right now you never know what's coming so it would suck, but in the future? With stats and level and elo? Could be pretty cool!

@cdprojekt RED Go ahead, this one is free ;)

Well that's the idea, you're making a bet, taking a risk. And to those saying absolutely no to the idea, what would be your problem exactly? You wouldn't be forced to accept if you don't want to. Give me some arguments here.

Top Bottom