Beyond the end

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond the end

Traditionally, computer games have always ended by showing you a "Game Over" sign, then credits. Nowadays some developers extend the tradition with "Buy more DLC" message, but most games still stick to the convention.

However since CP2077 is to be an open-world and sandbox type of game, and since such games tend to work somewhat differently in this aspect, I'd like to discuss if the game should end, and if so - how?

Skyrim, for instance, doesn't really end; its main quest line is but one of many player can complete. But afterwards, when we've been everywhere and done everything, there's no reason to get back to the game. There are Radiant quests that could theoretically provide you with constant supply of things to do, but they're boring as hell and not worth the time. Should that be the fate of CP2077? Or should it simply end once and for all, like most other games do?

To be honest, I'm somewhat in a dilemma. On one hand, I wouldn't really want to have Skyrim-like boredom, on the other - there could be possibilities. If CDPR provides the feature of printing out your character sheet from the game, so that you play your character afterwards in a classical pnp setting, then perhaps the opposite could also be possible? I can imagine that if I could create my very own character in CP2077, guide him through the game, then bring him over to several dozen pnp sessions, then bring him over again to the game, including his new stats and whole progression, and just play again in CDPR's Night City - well, that could be extremely cool, provided I had any reason to do so in the first place.

What are your ideas?

On one hand, there is already a thread addressing exactly this issue...
http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/threads/929-Post-endgame-now-what

On the other hand, I somehow neglected to add it to the forum guide, so thank you for reminding me.

However, I will say that I most definitely believe the game should not just end... there is nothing more dissapointing to me in an open world game, than going through and playing out the story, and then poof, game over, restart or load previous save.

I despise that. I want to run around free of responsibility, I want to jack all the cars, get all the weapons, see all the sites...

I want to organize my loot, I want to get in massive shootouts with the police, or gangs, or whatever....

I want to drive around and tell my own stories in the game, even if its just made up of random goals inside my head.

Having extra content, or random mission generators would be awesome, it would be amazing, but I really don't even need that... I just want to be able to run around the world as my favorite character, enjoying the fruits of my success.

And I have long been pushing for the idea of transporting you character in and out of the game, no0t just replicating your favorite character from the tabletop onto the video game or vice versa, but being able to download and print character sheets with the appropriate stats, gear, etc...

Would really be great if they gave you the option of having a standard Interlock rules character sheet, a fuzion character sheet, and an Interlock Unlimited Character sheet. So no matter what system you play with, you are set to go....

Crap. And I looked for such thread :rolleyes:

No need to double then. Please close this one, and I'll copy my post to the other. (Or you perhaps you could do it for me? ;))

Crap. And I looked for such thread :rolleyes:

No need to double then. Please close this one, and I'll copy my post to the other. (Or you perhaps you could do it for me? ;))

I am not a mod, but if you grab one, they can just merge it with the existing thread... so you won;t have to copy paste, it will just be part of the existing thread...

Or they can delete it for you... if you prefer...

Either pm one, or report your own thread.... The mods usernames are blue.

As per you request, I am locking the thread. Darcler - feel free to post in the topic Wisdom linked ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom