Big city but it looks like under lookdown from pandemic - Covid 2077

+
Driving around the city is very astonishing but there are so few cars roaming around the city and even in the outskirts (desert) area. Traffic system is awful as some cars are just at full stop for no reason causing traffic that involves 4 -5 cars at max. When you re enter that specific spot, the group of cars vanishes at visible distance (approx. 100m). When trying to steal a car from a person, the owner suddenly vanishes once the view switches to 3rd person perspective. Very odd thing that cars cannot be used to block building entrances, the game executes an invisible shadow in front of the entrance preventing the car to hit/block. The developers want the game to be physically realistic as possible but it does not feel that at all. Most of the open world gameplay mechanics are very restrictive.

Attachments

• photomode_10122020_180624.png
    photomode_10122020_180624.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 196
  • photomode_10122020_165901.png
    photomode_10122020_165901.png
    4 MB · Views: 329
Driving around the city is very astonishing but there are so few cars roaming around the city
I don't know if this will help you or even if it is connected, but in settings, under gameplay there is a setting for Crowd density. I don't know what yours is set at, and I think it's preset based on video card.

I don't know if this will help you or even if it is connected, but in settings, under gameplay there is a setting for Crowd density. I don't know what yours is set at, and I think it's preset based on video card.
Yep, the crowd density is set to high and that was the preset of the settings after installing in my PC. There are many NPCs in the city center, along the streets but cars are not really there. Only 4 - 5 cars at max and glitches out as soon as I passed to them after 100m. I can't even steal a car on most roads since there are no cars at all.

There are more densely areas of cars, such as the highways and busier roads, especially in Japan town.

Those pictures are from the "poor" part of the city. In the Lore, people cannot just afford cars. They made it well in the game.
You're right, there are areas like the slums by logic does not own a car but my experience is that the number of cars in a huge highway/freeway in here compared to the highway/freeway in GTA V being at max "Crowd Density", does not feel crowded at all. Again, only in the city center you can see 4 - 5 cars per road. More like Night Town instead of Night City. Car volume in highways that connect districts are not really "High" in terms of population. It's kinda hard to experience the "100+ NPCs" and the "Immersive surroundings" that CDPR has advertised during their trailers. These issues are not bugs, it is the actual gameplay mechanics that the game was designed by them.
Post automatically merged:

There are more densely areas of cars, such as the highways and busier roads, especially in Japan town.
There is a mission in Japan Town that you need to go to a certain port/island and the streets there are like ghost town in broad daylight. May be the "busy" scene happens from time to time in those areas but it's not consistent. Again, this is not a bug this is the actual gameplay that was designed by CDPR.

Last edited:
You're right, there are areas like the slums by logic does not own a car but my experience is that the number of cars in a huge highway/freeway in here compared to the highway/freeway in GTA V being at max "Crowd Density", does not feel crowded at all. Again, only in the city center you can see 4 - 5 cars per road. More like Night Town instead of Night City. Car volume in highways that connect districts are not really "High" in terms of population. It's kinda hard to experience the "100+ NPCs" and the "Immersive surroundings" that CDPR has advertised during their trailers. These issues are not bugs, it is the actual gameplay mechanics that the game was designed by them.
Post automatically merged:

There is a mission in Japan Town that you need to go to a certain port/island and the streets there are like ghost town in broad daylight. May be the "busy" scene happens from time to time in those areas but it's not consistent. Again, this is not a bug this is the actual gameplay that was designed by CDPR.
True. Hopefully it gets better based off of feedback. Or I'm sure down the line when modding is supported it will definitely be a mod.

True. Hopefully it gets better based off of feedback. Or I'm sure down the line when modding is supported it will definitely be a mod.

Define better.

Why are you comparing to GTA? This has nothing to do with GTA.
There is simply not supposed to be high density of cars. Not in gameplay and not definitely not in lore.

Define better.

Why are you comparing to GTA? This has nothing to do with GTA.
There is simply not supposed to be high density of cars. Not in gameplay and not definitely not in lore.
Well, I really don't know about the lore of Cyberpunk but even Ciri's description of "everyone had their own flying ship instead" of the Cyberpunk world was not really close to it. If Ciri is talking about Cyberpunk. I do see flying ships during the mission and at a very far distance like close to a building for may be 2 - 3 ships occurring at a time. It's like everyone is hiding inside their homes and more like an introverted world of Cyberpunk.

Driving around the city is very astonishing but there are so few cars roaming around the city and even in the outskirts (desert) area. https://modsuper.com/tr/gta-5/Traffic system is awful as some cars are just at full stop for no reason causing traffic that involves 4 -5 cars at max. When you re enter that specific spot, the group of cars vanishes at visible distance (approx. 100m). When trying to steal a car from a person, the owner suddenly vanishes once the view switches to 3rd person perspective. Very odd thing that cars cannot be used to block building entrances, the game executes an invisible shadow in front of the entrance preventing the car to hit/block. The developers want the game to be physically realistic as possible but it does not feel that at all. Most of the open world gameplay mechanics are very restrictive.

We also have to keep in mind that, apart from the said settings option, crowd and car density depends on time of day or night, as well as the area you are in. There are definitely more crowds in the city center and less people in Arroyo for example.
Cars and people disappearing is probably the data streaming problem (it was mentioned before), CDPR is hopefully still working on fixing that.

Top Bottom