Big list of bugs (after 70 hours)

+
Urgent

AMD Ryzen SMT logical cores not utilized fully - Fixed in 1.05

Memory leak. On 1.04 high preset I could play like 4 hours before the game started microstuttering. Turning RTX on exacerbates the problem and I could only get like 1 hour. 1.05 seemed to help and now I can get an additional hour for both configurations before I have to restart.

Mission "Gig: Freedom of the Press" fails immediately on entering the mission location

Mission "With a Little Help from my Friends" when Saul confronts Panam they just have a stare off and don't say anything, quest doesn't progress and can't fast travel to reload the world. Had to reload a save from back at the campfire and redo the mission to progress. Loading saves between the campfire and the confrontation didn't fix the issue.

Important

FOV changes (in my case lowers) after waiting using dialogue option for some time sensitive mission objectives. Changing FOV doesn't fix it. Reloading the game world fixes it.

Sometimes hip fire crosshair stays on screen while aiming down sights. - Fixed in 1.05

More often than is normal for video games with physics V gets killed by the geometry, especially geometry related to vehicles and geometry with physics.

Cops can spawn out of nowhere after becoming wanted. Additionally you can sometimes get a warrant even if you were completely stealthy about it.

Sometimes enemies spawn in the ground or high up on a building where you can't get to them.

Mission "Ghost Town" if loading the auto save where Panam is driving to get revenge on Nash then V will be in the driver's seat inside of Panam until reaching the location. Marked as important because it kills the immersion and all my friends had this same issue.

Various missions had objectives that wouldn't be marked as complete even if they were. In these instances it didn't prevent me from completing the quests.

Minor

If closing a shard reading (not from the menu) too quickly after it appears on screen the game will get stuck. Opening and closing the pause menu solves it.

Climbing a ladder with an NPC on it and running into them will rubberband you back to the bottom of the ladder instead of slowing you down.

Attempting an aerial kill from too high will just cause you to land on their head and flatten like you would when falling from high up and hitting the pavement. Should be made so you can aerial kill from very high up but after a certain point take damage doing it instead of just flattening.

Some quests had dialogue where an NPC was supposed to be holding an item but instead it would just float there, some notable examples include when handing the camera to Judy when underwater or Johnny holding his cig in some scenes. In a few other scenes I noticed this issue in reverse where NPCs would be holding items that they should have set down.

Darrell's street vendor shop is empty. The shop says "MISSING VENDOR NAME" at the top.

Sometimes car windows show rain effect when it's not raining.

It's rare but sometimes dialogue skips to the next line when the previous line hasn't finished.

Racing doesn't update position correctly sometimes.

Annoyances (not really bugs)

No way to multi craft, using the Tune-Up perk to convert low quality crafting materials to high level crafting materials takes an absurd amount of click and holds.

Object activation is finicky, sometimes it's impossible to pick something up, other times you can activate things through walls.

Double tap to dodge on keyboard has often got me killed when trying to be stealthy or when platforming.

Recon grenades auto equip in combat instead of more suitable grenades that are meant to do damage. Changing recon grenades to only auto equip if there are no other options would be a good move.

In stealth I like that enemies can spot you from far away but they seem to spot bodies the same way. I feel like bodies should be harder to spot since they aren't moving. Might be a good change to reduce the range at which they can spot bodies.

Some terrain causes cars to shake too much in first person view, additionally terrain can clip through the floor in some vehicles.

Can't change your character's base appearance after creating it.

There needs to be a way to light up dark rooms.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
32GB CL18 3600MHz RAM

1TB PNY CS3030 M.2 NVME SSD
750W PSU
Windows 10 Pro Version 2004
Nvidia Driver 460.89
Game Version 1.04

Even with all the bugs I absolutely love this game and with 70 hours in it it's quickly becoming my favorite ever. Also the game has not once gave me a CTD which seems rare according to others having crashing issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom