BIG patch coming in 6-7 days

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG patch coming in 6-7 days

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

"Before I get into the nitty-gritty, know that a big patch with 600 changes - including improvements to graphics and graphical settings - was sent to certification today (Wednesday 20th May), and will take between five and seven days to clear. There will be patch notes covering it all."

Besides that, looks like CDP is addressing PC downgrade... it's going to be something that will MELT our graphics cards... :D

""And for those who are still not 100 per cent decided, I definitely encourage them to wait and see what we will be releasing in patches, updates and what not."

Last edited:
That's great news, I don't know if it's achievable in this short time, but I hope they've managed to improve the movement mechanics. Seems like it's one of the most common complaints, and I can't say it isn't justified.

"but but but it was never downgraded. It was CGI or target render". There you have it guys. Studio head himself is admitting that the game was downgraded. Should've done before pre orders but at least that something... Will see how the game improves in coming months but will definitely be more careful when they'll reveal Cyberpunk 2077. That said, The Witcher 3 is an excellent game, so Congratulations for this making this epic game.

Don't care since my PC won't be able to make use of these uber-ultra settings. Playing on high atm and totally fine with how it looks.
But I guess the 1% with high ends PCs will be happy and can finally stop their downgrade rage and also enjoy the game like the rest of us console players and mid range PC owners...

When I read these posts, the difference between CDPR and companies like ubi**** and others like those is hilarious... Kudos to CDPR for making an art of their trade, and not exclusively a cash cow.

That seems a very good response :) I'm eagerly awaiting to see how they will improve the game. If I may I have two requests:

1) Please improve IA.
As seen from many videos the zone-linked enemies do not work, because sometimes the zone is very small. It's not good to see them getting to the edge of their "zone" and then politely stare at you even if you are 2 metres away and/or wating to be killed by hundreds of bolts without reaction. Without rewriting the system it seems logical to add a second small IA zone which shifts alongside the enemies itself, so that when you are close to them they continue to attack and pursue you. Other than this, the enemies often seem to be stuck running on obstacles.

2) The ever spawning "Controller detected" message. Even if I do not touch the keyboard. Don't know why and if others have experienced it.

3) Many PC users are adding filters to recreate the "trailer" atmosphere, basically colder and with added sharpening. I seem to recall that devs already said that those settings were judged eye-straining and therefore nerfed, adopting the current ones. That could have been a wise choice, but since everyone is looking for that atmosphere I don't think it would be difficult for devs to give the possibility to use those or similar settings to the users, maybe even a couple more, via an option in the post processing menu. Of course it would be more balanced than using reshade/sweetfx (even if there are talented guys around who already made really sweet presets) and users would play without the very minor, but still present, performance drop.

Hope these small suggestions are appreciated. :)

Damn that are some good News.
He sound like he mean what he say. Bevore this Topic i had deep Respect for CDPR, maybe they can retrieve it.
Cant wait to see what´s coming.

Thx
Avidya.454

Last edited:
I think the #downgradegate thing is, 'imo', both a misunderstanding and a lack of communication on how the game and the footage (from 2013 mainly, which was used for comparison on a lot of forums) was not gonna be the retail game that we'd have at home on PC. Clearly the game as of 2013 was in a state where the implementation of all the stuff we have now was just prototyped, the game development routine. They showed us what they had to show, what they could at least.

Surely the draw distance for the land and all the assets was insane, but I'm really doubting our computers could handle all the things as of now. At least with the software, the hardware, and the APIs already implemented. They talked about the new API DirectX 12, maybe we'll get really close to the 2013 footage in the near future (Enhanced Edition ?). The API was benchmarked with several specific softwares, and it showed some great improvements on both the CPU and the GPU load, and how visually we could go further with what the current generation of hardware.

There's surely some optimizations magic on the way. There's also bugs to fix, the inventory crash, staying too long in the inventory and you get 2 fps until you relaunch the game, that kind of things. Maybe modders will tweak some things to enhance our experience. There's always room for improvements. And they're listening to the community, not like some others companies. They're not done with the Witcher 3 ;d

hahaha, inb4 outrage that this update caused many rigs to melt down then blaming it on CDPR.

I'm calling it now boys, just watch :D

I never awaited a Game more than Witcher 3.
My Wallet is ready to spit some Cash out, if necessary :p

Damn im so so glad about this News...hell yes!

Yeah personally I would prefer bug fixes and performance optimizations before enhanced graphics. I still get NPC pop-ins at short distances.

To fasten the patch process CDPR should release beta patches and let users that want to test the.

This would rather slow down the patch process.. CDPR knows well how to act, and they can read the forums (like they have always done) to pick some suggestions ;)

Did the console versions restrict the PC version?

"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," answers Marcin Iwinski, definitively. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world.

"Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. *But then we cannot afford such a game*."

And that is the cold truth.

I hope the patch includes game engine settings so insane that you need 4x SLI Titan X to get 30fps at 1080p - wont do 99.99999% of us any good but at least it is there :p

This is a fantastic response. I'm glad that plan on working and addressing the issues that are present.I'm also happy to say that even without that, every member of my household is currently playing the game (the other two not even liking these types of games usually), and absolutely loving it. CDPR have already set the standard. Now it looks like they'll push the boundaries a little higher and make sure they are the reigning champions for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom