Biggest monster level gap and difficulty setting you have done.

+
Biggest monster level gap and difficulty setting you have done.

Man I am stubborn. While exploring the map and come across a treasure horde guarded by a nasty monster I have to take it on no matter what level I am.

Best I have managed so far is a level 14 water hag, on Blood and Broken Bones when I was level 5 (9 level gap). Took a lot of kiting and use of Igni and several reloads !

What is your best monster kill and level gap ?

I've done a bunch on death march. There's a few memorable ones for me. I beat a level 20 leshen at level 7. That one actually wasn't that hard. Just really long. The hardest one I would say, was beating a level 26 Katakan at level 10. I died probably a good ten times before I finally won.

I still can't beat Opinicus though, and I'm level 17. I just tried again. He's level 35 I think.

Damn,

And I was proud of myself killing the master armorer tools Troll at level 19 on BST... Silly, Silly me :p

Muahahahahahaha!

I just beat "Practicum in Advanced Alchemy" (a level 24 quest) at level 5!

On Death March.

I captured a video on how I did it. I think it was pretty clever. I could have done it at level 1.

I killed a level 23 ghoul at level 9, it was guarding a fast travel point.

Also I tried to kill a ?? grave hag at level 13 but it pierced trough my quen and got 3/4 of my health.

Lvl 48 archgriffin at lvl 34 on DM - it's still 14 level gap, but not that impressive, I know :)

I've beaten a lot of monsters with 8-10 lvl gap, and some peoples with 10-13 levels above mine (tough desertirs/bandits/pirats against lvl 5 Geralt, for example)

Leshens are not that hard actually. Their pattern is so predictable.

It's harder if it summons wolves, that's hard. Very

To me it looked it he always summoned them when his life dropped below something like 30%. And that's where I decided it was probably not worth the time..
Generally though, igni and mounted combat can go a long way in mitigating level differences.

Wow you guys are badasses. My record so far is the Royal Wyvern at level 16. Tried fighting Opinicus and instant death

Lvl 48 archgriffin at lvl 34 on DM - it's still 14 level gap, but not that impressive, I know :)

I've beaten a lot of monsters with 8-10 lvl gap, and some peoples with 10-13 levels above mine (tough desertirs/bandits/pirats against lvl 5 Geralt, for example)

Where is that Archgriffin?

On topic lv14 basilisk while level 4 on DM. Took around half an hour. Also 5 level 50-54 guards concurrently at level 38. Very high level myself but it's still an one shot, always.

I've beaten that archgriffin too at level 37 :D He's on an island north east from Kaer Trolde

For me it was the wyveren guarding the griffin sword diagram. Level 14 or 15 can't remember as level 6, with a viper sword. I only did that because i wanted the diagram but i usually just avoid high level monsters.

Did do the Jenny o' the Woods contract with level 5 (recommended level 10, think the Nighwraith was level 12 or so) on Death March.
Was really hard, especially with Nightwraith fighting at night. Took me a few tries. They heal themselves up with such an enormeous speed on DM difficulty and the more time you need to get them down the more the battle falls in their favor, especially if they can kill you with 2 hits.... and have the annoying ability to sometimes simply ignore your Yrden sign and become spectral anyway.

contract: level 24 x annoying spider 32 (if my memory is right)... easily the enemy that took most of my time and patience. Not a difficult fight.... just took more patience and caution.

jenny o the woods(night writh), merry widow (grave hag) forktail and a basilisk (near harpy spawn grounds) at lvl 4 DM
basilisk was more of a patience one than skill 20 min of baiting and waiting

Lvl ~7: Wyvern at the tower somewhere in Velen.(had ??) I think Cat diagrams. Lots of 24+ Pirates on Skellige. Bunch of Harpies and Sirens same.
Lvl ~10: Champion of MMA. All fights.(~26, thisone was fun. I ve learned so much about fightning in this game) Master Blacksmith(~24 guys).
Lvl 12: Archgriffin at Master Armorer(had ?? instead of lvl, idk)

Top Bottom