Bioshock Infinite is amazing (SPOILERS!!!)

+

Forum veteran
Columbia is so beautifull :)
The craziest part is that almost 100% of the game is totally beautiful like that. It's not always amazingly detailed from a technical standpoint (some of the flowers and apples look plain cheap), but the lighting is so moody and artistic even in its "worst" graphical times that it never for a moment ceases to be pretty.

What did you guys think was the game's best moment? I think this is probably what I'll remember most:

The craziest part is that almost 100% of the game is totally beautiful like that. It's not always amazingly detailed from a technical standpoint (some of the flowers and apples look plain cheap), but the lighting is so moody and artistic even in its "worst" graphical times that it never for a moment ceases to be pretty.

What did you guys think was the game's best moment? I think this is probably what I'll remember most:

that was really an awesome moment

for me i think the best moment was the beginning, when you see Columbia for the first time and then the amazing church with the music

the music of the game is also soo good for example: Will The Circle Be Unbroken (Choral Version)

best part for me was the ending it was soo beautiful, i aslo likes the part where you see elizabeth for the first time. the funniest moment is when you're looking for her on a beach and you ask a old man "im looking for a young girl" and he answers arent we all LOL.

i cant really pick a best part it was all so good.

but when you got back to rapture it really was a OMG moment.

:) :) :) :)

beautiful braindance keep em coming.

did any of you guys play bioshock 2? i boycotted it since levin was not involved. is there any connection to Bioshock Infinite ?

beautiful braindance keep em coming.

did any of you guys play bioshock 2? i boycotted it since levin was not involved. is there any connection to Bioshock Infinite ?

Yes. Bioshock 1 and 2 turned out to be different versions of the same exact events(Bioshock 1 and 2 are a alternate dimension).Elizebteh said "Theres always a lighthouse,a city, and a man." When you think about it thats exactly right.In both games you start at a lighthouse.Also Rapture and Columbia are both lost cities.Both are also in a Civil War.Both have a fanatic ruler as well. Also both have a girl needed to be rescued. And they both have protecters.(Elizebth = Little Sisters , Song Bird = Big Daddies) In both games you are trying to stop the ruler(Andrew Ryan = Comstock) And you are also very closely related in some way to the ruler( Comstock is another Booker and Jack is Ryans son). Also Vigors= Plasmids and Salts = Eve. Also Elizebeth transports you to rapture fo a brief moment.(killing Songbird in the process.)

Yes. Bioshock 1 and 2 turned out to be different versions of the same exact events(Bioshock 1 and 2 are a alternate dimension).Elizebteh said "Theres always a lighthouse,a city, and a man." When you think about it thats exactly right.In both games you start at a lighthouse.Also Rapture and Columbia are both lost cities.Both are also in a Civil War.Both have a fanatic ruler as well. Also both have a girl needed to be rescued. And they both have protecters.(Elizebth = Little Sisters , Song Bird = Big Daddies) In both games you are trying to stop the ruler(Andrew Ryan = Comstock) And you are also very closely related in some way to the ruler( Comstock is another Booker and Jack is Ryans son). Also Vigors= Plasmids and Salts = Eve. Also Elizebeth transports you to rapture fo a brief moment.(killing Songbird in the process.)

isnt Bioshock 2 a sequel following the events of Bioshock 1 ?

isnt Bioshock 2 a sequel following the events of Bioshock 1 ?

Bioshock 2 is also another version of several events in bioshock infinite.For example your trying to get your daughter back after she was taken.( In Bioshock Infinite that would be when Elizebeth is recaptured by Song Bird)

Infinite sucked for me, maybe because I'm not some pseudo-intellectual who thinks multiple universes and time travel-ish is 10/10 GOTY material.

I think the problem is that what made Bioshock good was learning about the city. You're dumped into this mysterious place post-apocalypse basically, and you slowly learn about how it was made, how it worked, how people lived, and ultimately how things went to shit. You learn about how they're smuggling in bibles, and how they're selling air, and what they have to do to keep the pipes from bursting, and how they discovered adam and turned it into a business, and how big daddy's were created, etc.

The story itself wasn't nearly as important as the city. When all you're left with is a specific storyline to follow, and not much to discover about the city, you end up with Bioshock 2 and Infinite.

On to the game play portion, Infinite was a step down from Bioshock 2 in every way. Truth be told I don't like how this series played out anyways. It's like Bioshock 1 was the most balanced of the three, Great setting, great gun/game play. Bioshock 2 was the best in the series in terms of gun/game play. Nailed it perfect. But the story for 2 was completely braindead.
Infinite just cut pretty much everything out that made 1 & 2 great and tried for a pseudo-intellectual story that makes most sciolists cream their pants. (IMO, the story sucked, anytime you use multiple universe, time travel, string theory crap in a game, it never works out)

Infinite sucked for me, maybe because I'm not some pseudo-intellectual who thinks multiple universes and time travel-ish is 10/10 GOTY material.

I think the problem is that what made Bioshock good was learning about the city. You're dumped into this mysterious place post-apocalypse basically, and you slowly learn about how it was made, how it worked, how people lived, and ultimately how things went to shit. You learn about how they're smuggling in bibles, and how they're selling air, and what they have to do to keep the pipes from bursting, and how they discovered adam and turned it into a business, and how big daddy's were created, etc.

The story itself wasn't nearly as important as the city. When all you're left with is a specific storyline to follow, and not much to discover about the city, you end up with Bioshock 2 and Infinite.

On to the game play portion, Infinite was a step down from Bioshock 2 in every way. Truth be told I don't like how this series played out anyways. It's like Bioshock 1 was the most balanced of the three, Great setting, great gun/game play. Bioshock 2 was the best in the series in terms of gun/game play. Nailed it perfect. But the story for 2 was completely braindead.
Infinite just cut pretty much everything out that made 1 & 2 great and tried for a pseudo-intellectual story that makes most sciolists cream their pants. (IMO, the story sucked, anytime you use multiple universe, time travel, string theory crap in a game, it never works out)

Would you really say it sucked? Would you really give it ~1/10? I understand it might not be your thing, but I find it hard to believe that you didn't find anything about the game to be good. Even if you didn't like the voice cast, characters, graphic design or the gameplay, you have to give Irrational credit for the level design, at least. Of course, that is your opinion and I suppose you've played a game or two so you can judge a game. I kind of feel sorry for you, though, because the game really has a lot to offer.

Anyway...

After finishing Bioshock: Infinite I feel so overwhelmed by feelings and emotions one could only conclude I am being subjective. I can only say... They did it!

To me, this game is a masterpiece. I was never overly hyped about it before release and never a big fan of the Bioshock series. I found Bioshock 1 to be great and Bioshock 2 very good, but not exceptional and they never really the spot for me... some things even bugged me (such as entry level enemies who fire continuously at me only so I can find that they drop next to no ammo). Infinite however, did hit the spot for me, to say at least. Everything felt perfect, from visual design and gameplay to optimizations and interface.

I could go on in depth, but I doubt it would be read. This game was a unique experience for me and to me, this game is perfect. In the beginning, my jaw dropped because of the beauty... in the end, it dropped because of the shock. So complex... the ending was a slap to Bioware and EA (we all know the story of mass effect 3) for it proved that a good ending does not have to be happy (even though everyone has been saved)... So many emotions from the start to the end of the game. I also liked the political message of the game even though it was secondary... how the Vox Populi/communists that are the opposite of the Founders/Tea Party-ish in theory are equally malevolent to them in practice... it feels sort of orwellian.

I would even go as far to say this was the game I have ever played.

EDIT: Did anyone else thought that Booker's hand wound might be a reference to Jesus... after all, in the end, simply and stupidly put, he dies to save everyone.

Forum veteran
Getting tense up in hurrrrr.

Yeah, there's a lot of that out there, and the game's definitely not perfect (if nothing else, its atrocious save system should have knocked at least 1-2 points off of even the most glowing of reviews). I'm a bit confused, though—the whole "learning about the city" element from the first Bioshock is totally intact in Infinite. You learn about Lucete and her "brother," how Comstock rationalized Columbia's xenophobia (and everything else, really), and you see the effects that both Comstock and the Vox have when each is on top. You pick up how Fink learned how to make handymen, the truth behind Daisy Fitzpatrick's role in Lady Comstock's murder, and there's even a chalkboard lying around where Fink wrote down that Songbird is weak to high pressures long before that becomes pertinent information. The only difference seems to be that everything is falling apart while you're present rather than it being something that happened long in the past.

EDIT: Did anyone else thought that Booker's hand wound might be a reference to Jesus... after all, in the end, simply and stupidly put, he dies to save everyone.
Not even sure that I understand the connection. Anno Domini, maybe? Pretty confident that it's only there to tie into the whole "Anna DeWitt" thing.

Top Bottom