Bioshock Infinite is amazing (SPOILERS!!!)

+
How so? I'm really interested why did you think that.

Four of the guns have no difference between them. Damage upgrades are static and lazy (+25% dmg, +30% reload, reduced recoil)
It's really lazy they didn't even add visual enhancements like in the first BS.

Then you have the recharge shield and health system which is exactly like Halo. It's boring and uninspired. Take a few pot shots, shield gets broken, hide behind cover. Bioshock 1&2s combat felt more visceral.

Also, @Pris2013

Just because I don't like the game that you like and I point out flaws, doesn't mean I'm a troll. Quite childish if you ask me.

It's funny to me how Booker shows amazement to so many things but then he comes across Vigors; "Oh sure, I'll just pop this unknown drink, surely nothing wrong with doing that. Wow, so I got crows in my hands, that's cool. But would you look at the flying city, that's totally unbelievable, wait Elizabeth I gotta electrify this guy with my hands first then we can talk about your artificial drama enforced on my character."

So yeah. I uninstalled the game. I don't know. The first Bioshock game was fine. But this, while indeed being one of more beautiful games I've played recently, just doesn't do much for me. Gameplay isn't that special, setting is neat, and the story feels just... unimaginative? Choices don't matter, not really, the only one that does is the final one, everything else is just filler. I don't know. This is just my opinion on the game, after all.

It ticks me off a bit that everyone (well not actually everyone, but a fair portion of people indicating a majority) is now claiming it's a work of art or something and while I do realize that's a subjective matter, it still annoys me. Might also have something to do with Levine having a punchable face. Oh and that hack, Cliffy B, making that crude joke about Ebert.

Something eerie about the timing of the loss of Roger Ebert and the release of a true game as art in Bioshock Infinite.

Infantile, as expected of him. Oh and source for this: https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/319921447768297472

Forum veteran
Infantile, as expected of him. Oh and source for this: https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/319921447768297472
Why do so many people get a hard-on over proving that games are art? It's like they're never satisfied until a group of hoity-toitie people with monocles are grumbling under their breath, champagne glasses in hand, "Yes, games are art. How were we ever so blind?"

I've known many artists. They're all dicks. No one should aspire to that.

As for the game itself, it taps into that kind of Alyx Vance dynamic that sucks people in. That won't resonate for everyone, but it's clearly powerful enough to make the game memorable and high-rated (cough a bit overrated) like Half Life 2 before it. I loved Infinite overall, but not enough to avoid retching over the constant saccharine praise heaped on it; I think gaming journalism and fans who listen to gaming journalism are like a self-feedback loop where one goes, "Hey, this is pretty good," then each successive voice feels safe to agree a little louder until a decent game gets completely overblown as the second coming.

It's not actual journalism though. It's more similar to blogspot circlejerks than anything else.

It's funny to me how Booker shows amazement to so many things but then he comes across Vigors; "Oh sure, I'll just pop this unknown drink, surely nothing wrong with doing that. Wow, so I got crows in my hands, that's cool. But would you look at the flying city, that's totally unbelievable, wait Elizabeth I gotta electrify this guy with my hands first then we can talk about your artificial drama enforced on my character."

So yeah. I uninstalled the game. I don't know. The first Bioshock game was fine. But this, while indeed being one of more beautiful games I've played recently, just doesn't do much for me. Gameplay isn't that special, setting is neat, and the story feels just... unimaginative? Choices don't matter, not really, the only one that does is the final one, everything else is just filler. I don't know. This is just my opinion on the game, after all.

It ticks me off a bit that everyone (well not actually everyone, but a fair portion of people indicating a majority) is now claiming it's a work of art or something and while I do realize that's a subjective matter, it still annoys me. Might also have something to do with Levine having a punchable face. Oh and that hack, Cliffy B, making that crude joke about Ebert.

So ...I am guessing "I'll just put this nasty looking syringe into my vein" from the first game didn't bother you at all....interesting.

No, it did as well. But the protagonist paid more attention to it than Booker did to the Vigors.

Top Bottom