''Birth, & Virgins'' version 1.0.1 is launched!

+
''Birth, & Virgins'' version 1.0.1 is launched!

At long last (but in advance of Duke Nukem Forever, our main rival in the vapourware stakes) The Medusa Collective is pleased to announce the first public release of ''Birth, & Virgins''. The mod can be downloaded from here; it is compressed with 7Zip.''Birth, & Virgins'' presents Geralt with a series of moral dilemmas; the mod is strong on story (and particularly on music) and will appeal to role-playing gamers. It's shorter on magic and monsters.Many people have contributed to this release. The core team of Simon Brooke and Carrol Dufault have been with the project from start to finish, but we're grateful for the contributions of many other people. Credits include:* Story and main plot: Simon Brooke and Carrol Dufault* Set design: Carrol Dufault* Auxiliary plot lines: Cory Kerens* Dialogue: Simon Brooke, Carrol Dufault, Cory Kerens* Musical composition and sound design: James Semple * Minor characters: Petra Prinz* Testing and continuity: Simon Brooke, Carrol Dufault, Lovely_Psycho, Caroline Kintzel* Scripting and cutscenes: Simon Brooke* Flute: Lisa Smolen * Violin: Heather Fenoughty* Guitar: James Semple* With help from: ** Lovely_Psycho,** Hexenmeister Raven,** Vaernus, ** Ifayra,** Clark Verbrugge,** Caroline KintzelIf you find bugs, please report them here.

I'll try it out, if I can get the thing to download. So far, only the rebalance mod has successfully downloaded onto my computer.

Nice to see this released Simon. It's a great adventure and it was fun to write music for it. I think in the end there's over 25 minutes of custom music for this alone. I hope people make the effort to download and play it because I think they'll enjoy it.cheersJames

bluejay said:
It's a great adventure and it was fun to write music for it. I think in the end there's over 25 minutes of custom music for this alone. I hope people make the effort to download and play it because I think they'll enjoy it.
Last I heard, you had never played "Birth, and Virgins" (nor had you played beyond the Prologue in The Witcher). Have you had a chance to play both of those things now?

You're absolutely correct Cory. When last we spoke, around 15 months ago, that was the case. Clearly things have changed since otherwise I wouldn't have written my previous post, would I?

Hmm ... nope I didn't say that either.I simply said that in the last 15 months I have had time to play both the regular game and B&V. In fact my life is busier and better than ever. I have an amazing new daughter and I was recently signed up as a composer for a multi-million pound movie ... so you probably don't have to worry too much about me.

It's twelve years since we wrote this mod, and I haven't touched it in at least ten of them. I recently downloaded a copy and it seems the scripts aren't running properly with the current patch of Witcher 1, so it's pretty buggy. The current patch also doesn't run my backups, saying that they're 'corrupt' - but they do load into D'Jinni, so I probably can debug and recompile.

Is anyone still playing Witcher 1 mods? Is this worth doing?

Top Bottom