Black Caliburn won't repair

+
So on a second playthrough I went and got the black Caliburn and continued playing for a bit. After I a while of re-summoning my car I realized that certain scratches weren't going away so I decided to what was going on. I ended up smashing into a bunch of stuff and then fast traveling and resummoning again however it would just show up in the same wrecked state. I even went as far as driving it into water and resummoning however after doing that I couldn't even get into the vehicle. I tested all of these things with different vehicles (both purchased and free) and the repair system worked just fine. I even went back to a prior save before I got the black Caliburn to try completing the quest again and re-acquiring it but the same issue persisted no matter what I tried. My other save the black Caliburn still repairs like normal but this one won't. The only real difference between the 2 saves is I had the black Caliburn on the first save before 1.3 and the second save I got it after 1.3. Also with the second save I got the white Caliburn (no issue repairing) first and prior to 1.3. At the moment I've reverted and kept playing my save to before I had the black Caliburn just in case it's a weird patch issue.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Did you try to destroy it completely ? Explose it and then resummon it ?
Will it change something or do you get a burning car coming ?

It won't explode. I've flipped it and it just sat there and let me get back inside instead of exploding. I've also tried shooting it/launching grenades etc but nothing happens

I had the same problem. Eventually all my cars would not repair and could not explode. What solved it for me was drowning them in water, and then quick travelling to other part of map, and summoning them. If they came back destroyed I quick travelled again and summoned them and it solved the issue. But it all started with black Caliburn.

Just tried your method and it didn't work. I've even tried different methods of picking it up - such as getting in the car and completing the quest and then exiting and driving away and resummoning it fresh and then seeing if it'll repair after that but nothing =/

Just tried your method and it didn't work. I've even tried different methods of picking it up - such as getting in the car and completing the quest and then exiting and driving away and resummoning it fresh and then seeing if it'll repair after that but nothing =/
Does the car icon dissapears from mini map when you drown it? It has to vanish from the minimap. The first time I drowned black Caliburn and summoned it, it still showed up destroyed, I summoned another car that showed up ok (it was also destroyed completely) and then I fast travelled to different location (as I recall it was Afterlife fast travel point) and summoned Caliburn again and it worked. I'm not sure what exactly caused the bug to go away, but right now everything is working fine for me.

Good luck man.

"BLACK CALIBURN WON'T REPAIR"

"Is anyone else having a similar issue?"

Yep. With the black Caliburn. No idea what causes it, no idea how to remedy it. Thought it was because of a mod, so didn't bother Support with it. Know pretty sure it never happened before 1.3. Did notice a vast improved in traffic as cars no longer spontaneously come to a dead-stop. Am suspicious one and another are related, but am just guessing here.

Please consider forwarding it to Support if there're no mods involved in your game.

Does the car icon dissapears from mini map when you drown it? It has to vanish from the minimap. The first time I drowned black Caliburn and summoned it, it still showed up destroyed, I summoned another car that showed up ok (it was also destroyed completely) and then I fast travelled to different location (as I recall it was Afterlife fast travel point) and summoned Caliburn again and it worked. I'm not sure what exactly caused the bug to go away, but right now everything is working fine for me.

Good luck man.

I tried fast travelling and summoning multiple times with no joy after beating it up and drowning it. It still showed up completely trashed and after drowning it it wouldn't even let me interact with it.

"BLACK CALIBURN WON'T REPAIR"

"Is anyone else having a similar issue?"

Yep. With the black Caliburn. No idea what causes it, no idea how to remedy it. Thought it was because of a mod, so didn't bother Support with it. Know pretty sure it never happened before 1.3. Did notice a vast improved in traffic as cars no longer spontaneously come to a dead-stop. Am suspicious one and another are related, but am just guessing here.

Please consider forwarding it to Support if there're no mods involved in your game.

No mods on my game so it must be a bug with the base game. I'll try to figure out how to forward it onto support.

It still showed up completely trashed and after drowning it it wouldn't even let me interact with it.
Did the same to me - I was not able to interact with it. I summoned different car which repaired itself and was working fine the I summoned Caliburn again and it magically repaired itself. Maybe you are close to making it fix itself? I don't know what to tell you, this game acts really strange sometimes.

Just a preface to this topic I tried everything.

I tried blowing it up, dumping it in the water, fast traveling away from it none of them worked. It is at a point where I cannot even drive it anymore.

Could someone help me fix this bug?

Weird, Have hade some bikes be unable to drive since there broken. I can get on but it wont move. I generaly shot it up untill it explodes and resummon it trough opening the menu for cars and choosing it again and then it works.

Happening the same thing with all my cars. Every one that I spawn don't ever despawn, tried spawning them on a side and fast traveled to the other side of the map and they still come back destroyed and I cannot do any damage to them to try to force a respawn.

So anyone who encounter this really annoying bug (without using mods), "must" report it to CDPR Support. It's the best way to make the support aware about it ;)
(I don't know about the category)

So interesting news. I was also having this issue with the Black Rayfield. I am on Playstation 4 Pro, post 1.31 patch. No mods. The car would not repair. I happened to pick up the side gig "Burning Desire". In this quest, you are asked by an... injured... man to drive him to a Ripper Doc. When I accepted this quest, I had not summoned any vehicle. I was on foot. After accepting this quest, the last car that I had driven (The now completely destroyed Black Rayfield) had spawned on the road near me. It was completely fixed. Since completing this quest, I have had no further issues with repairing the car. I hope this helps.

So interesting news. I was also having this issue with the Black Rayfield. I am on Playstation 4 Pro, post 1.31 patch. No mods. The car would not repair. I happened to pick up the side gig "Burning Desire". In this quest, you are asked by an... injured... man to drive him to a Ripper Doc. When I accepted this quest, I had not summoned any vehicle. I was on foot. After accepting this quest, the last car that I had driven (The now completely destroyed Black Rayfield) had spawned on the road near me. It was completely fixed. Since completing this quest, I have had no further issues with repairing the car. I hope this helps.

So, after seeing your post I decided to try something similar. I had already completed Burning Desire so instead I went and picked up the Caliburn and started The Beast In Me questline. This did the trick! I went out of my way to beat the crap out of the Caliburn (no doors, no bumpers, everything smashed) and did the normal summoning of it to see if it repaired naturally which of course it didn't. But then I started the first race choosing my car and letting the game spawn it in for the quest fully repaired. After completing the first race I went and messed it up again and then summoned normally and there it was fully repaired.

Thanks a bunch for this! It definitely solved my problem and hopefully others can use this trick to fix their vehicles if needed and hopefully they didn't complete all of the races or the Burning Desire quest!

Edit - as an aside I realized I never disclosed my platform/patch. I'm on PC and this first happened with patch 1.3, now fixed during patch 1.31.

Ya i'm doing a second playthrough. First one was way prior to 1.3. My caliburn has a bunch of scratches all over it. I find it ridiculous with as many *bug fixes* cdpr has done that more just pop up. its super annoying as this is my characters main car as i find it to be the coolest one in game besides the fact that its the fastest and handles the best.

For you have been experiencing this problem, DO NOT DROWN THE CAR it will make it un-drivable and to fix this you must summon the car to oilfields in the most North region of the map and then call it, then travel to the most South of the map which is regional airport, and call it back, it may come back broken if this happens fast travel to the aldecaldos camp, keep running away from the camp until it lets you spawn the car, if it says your car is around 2,000 metres away you are doing it right, then go to the nearest road and summon the car again, if it still comes back broken you should repeat this process until it is fixed. This may take a while it took me about 5 tries to get it right.

I had the same issue with the black Caliburn!
I tried everything on my own and what I read in the forums... Nothing worked.
The car is indestructible, so you can not make it explode or ditch in the water, it will always come back damaged.
Fast travel and call it again still didn't work, skip game time didn't work. Until I gave up.

How I fixed it:
I crossed the boarder and went back to the area you start the game as a Nomad. I Tried to destroy it by getting shot from the turrets... But instead I made it through the boarder as the car is indestructible. Drove it to the edge of the map and left it there, giving up to it. Then I went back to the city played some side Jobs and I thought trying to call it again. The Caliburn appeared 2500m away, trying to come to me. Then tried again and it spawn infront of me fully fixed.

So... My understanding is that if your car spawns at a long distance and is somewhere trapped, the game will be forced to spawn a new version of it.

What I would try next time, is to ditch it somewhere that is trapped and can not drive out. But not upside down. Then drive with another car at least 2000m away. Do not fast travel just drive away. Try calling it again.

I guess CDPR decided to make this car indestructible, which is nice, but since it doesn't get destroyed the game will not spawn a new version of it, unless it gets in a situation that is forced to spawn a new version of the car. I guess that happens when you are way too far away from it and trapped.

So on a second playthrough I went and got the black Caliburn and continued playing for a bit. After I a while of re-summoning my car I realized that certain scratches weren't going away so I decided to what was going on. I ended up smashing into a bunch of stuff and then fast traveling and resummoning again however it would just show up in the same wrecked state. I even went as far as driving it into water and resummoning however after doing that I couldn't even get into the vehicle. I tested all of these things with different vehicles (both purchased and free) and the repair system worked just fine. I even went back to a prior save before I got the black Caliburn to try completing the quest again and re-acquiring it but the same issue persisted no matter what I tried. My other save the black Caliburn still repairs like normal but this one won't. The only real difference between the 2 saves is I had the black Caliburn on the first save before 1.3 and the second save I got it after 1.3. Also with the second save I got the white Caliburn (no issue repairing) first and prior to 1.3. At the moment I've reverted and kept playing my save to before I had the black Caliburn just in case it's a weird patch issue.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?
You can fix it by playing the races from claire, you destroy the vehicle first by drowning it, then you go to the race and before calling claire you summon the car. For me the car spawned destroyed so i couldnt get in. After you spawn it you call her tell her to use your ride and boom the car is fixed once it stands there at the start line. Once the race is over you can call it anytime and it will spawn without scratches
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
I had the same issue with the black Caliburn!
I tried everything on my own and what I read in the forums... Nothing worked.
The car is indestructible, so you can not make it explode or ditch in the water, it will always come back damaged.
Fast travel and call it again still didn't work, skip game time didn't work. Until I gave up.

How I fixed it:
I crossed the boarder and went back to the area you start the game as a Nomad. I Tried to destroy it by getting shot from the turrets... But instead I made it through the boarder as the car is indestructible. Drove it to the edge of the map and left it there, giving up to it. Then I went back to the city played some side Jobs and I thought trying to call it again. The Caliburn appeared 2500m away, trying to come to me. Then tried again and it spawn infront of me fully fixed.

So... My understanding is that if your car spawns at a long distance and is somewhere trapped, the game will be forced to spawn a new version of it.

What I would try next time, is to ditch it somewhere that is trapped and can not drive out. But not upside down. Then drive with another car at least 2000m away. Do not fast travel just drive away. Try calling it again.

I guess CDPR decided to make this car indestructible, which is nice, but since it doesn't get destroyed the game will not spawn a new version of it, unless it gets in a situation that is forced to spawn a new version of the car. I guess that happens when you are way too far away from it and trapped.
I wanted to say that I was having this problem as well and this is what I did to fix my car.

I had already tried drowning it and after being unable to interact with it at all I went googling. After finding this post I did exactly what it said, fast travel to Oilfield (far north), summon Caliburn (broken), Fast Traveled to the airport (far south) and summoned caliburn again; broken. Lastly I went to the nomad camp in the far NEish, and ran north spamming summon car. eventually the car summoned and was repaired but was floating, which is a bug i've encountered already, I went back to a random location in NC and summoned the car a fourth time and it was fully repaired and drivable.

Hope this helps someone.

Top Bottom