Black Market?

+
Black Market?

I really want a gritty cyberpunk black market feel to the game.I mean theres the stores that sell basic weaponry then you got those gun smugglers with super hi-tech state-of-the-art illegal guns that costs a extreme amount of money.

That is what the fixer is for. Friend a fixer and he'll fix you right up with all the warez you need.

I kind of figured back-alley deals and fences were going to be a staple in the game.

I think the mechanic in GTA IV was pretty good, though it could use some tweaking. Once you call your contact, you set up a time to meet them, rather than them just magically appearing nearby. Take too long or otherwise miss your target window, and they take off before you get there.

I do like the feel of the back-alley, out-of-the trunk deal, but I'd also like to see the chance of cops crusing by, and busting the deal, or some Boostergang that's feeling froggy, thinking they can come up on free warez / gear.

Well, if you arrange your deal over unsecured com lines or at "usual" locations, of course you'll get busted. Best keep the making contact and choosing the time and location to your fixer, he'll know how to do things.

I kind of figured back-alley deals and fences were going to be a staple in the game.

I think the mechanic in GTA IV was pretty good, though it could use some tweaking. Once you call your contact, you set up a time to meet them, rather than them just magically appearing nearby. Take too long or otherwise miss your target window, and they take off before you get there.

I do like the feel of the back-alley, out-of-the trunk deal, but I'd also like to see the chance of cops crusing by, and busting the deal, or some Boostergang that's feeling froggy, thinking they can come up on free warez / gear.

If they could cross that, and the black market stalls in the mall, and the stores of Sleeping dogs............... it would be awesome....

Like I said elsewhere, really each section of the city should have stores that offer items that fit that area....

The combat zone and nomad areas should sell leather clothes, football pads, armor made out of tires and street signs... their weapons should be crazy taped up half broken things and older tech guns like old school revolvers, pump shotguns, etc.. the vehicle mods should let you get rusted dented pain jobs and have barb wire, plate armor, cowcatchers and ram bars put on your cars....

The regular city areas give you normal clothes, normal body kit, engine upgrades, and colors for your vehicles, and normal modern (for cp 2077) handguns, rifles, etc...

The corp zone shoudl have stores that sell you high fashion, really good body armor, metal gear, armored clothing, edgerunner fashion with all the glowy bits and transparent portions, and whatnot... the vehicle options should be the same as in the city but with the added options of armoring your car without losing its style, maybe some james bond defensive gadgets.... weapons should be the high end goodness, like Malorian 3516's, New Assault rifles, mono katanas, etc...

Heck maybe some military installation can let you get your hands on Railguns and am-3 Rifles, Tsunami Ramjets, Hardsuit style Power Armor....

I've kinda assumed this was a given, and I'm looking forward to hawking my wares in back alleys and abandoned warehouses. :cool:

Black Market sellers and Ripperdocs should be a given. I want there to be an elaborate network a Player has to navigate in order to find many of them. 6 degrees of Fixer Separation. Making some of the high-end blackmarket sellers or ripperdocs almost being eastereggs in how hard they are to find.

I also want 'bogus' blackmarket items. That guy who sells you a 9mm silencer for half-price, then once yo install it you realize you got ripped off and it's just threaded pipe.

Black Market sellers and Ripperdocs should be a given. I want there to be an elaborate network a Player has to navigate in order to find many of them. 6 degrees of Fixer Separation. Making some of the high-end blackmarket sellers or ripperdocs almost being eastereggs in how hard they are to find.

I also want 'bogus' blackmarket items. That guy who sells you a 9mm silencer for half-price, then once yo install it you realize you got ripped off and it's just threaded pipe.

And that Martial Arts skill chip, not until you install it will you find it is a paralyzing virus and the ripperdoc is just waiting for you to collapse to strip you for spare parts

And that Martial Arts skill chip, not until you install it will you find it is a paralyzing virus and the ripperdoc is just waiting for you to collapse to strip you for spare parts

Bingo! Those will be the lower-end, easy to find fixers. As a player works their Streetdeal, Steetwise, Netwoking, they can find more reliable Fixers.
Also, I'd like some awareness ability to see if you're getting ripped off. High Weaponsmith might help you see that the Araskaka SMG that dude in the van is trying to sell has a busted bolt carrier. Or a high Cybertech Skill might help you see that those blackmarket cybereyes are bunk. That'll 'encourage' players to pump those skills up instead of just twinking out all their combat skills.

Definitely need black market dealers

need somewhere to get that really edgy piece of hardware , sell that dirty piece of stolen tech , grab the newest gear not yet released to the public in Night City but its available in Japan etc

I agree they should be difficult to find , you gotta have good awareness/notice Human perception and /or persuasion/fast talk to actually get a good deal

and maybe if your reps high enough they come looking for you

Definitely need black market dealers

need somewhere to get that really edgy piece of hardware , sell that dirty piece of stolen tech , grab the newest gear not yet released to the public in Night City but its available in Japan etc

I agree they should be difficult to find , you gotta have good awareness/notice Human perception and /or persuasion/fast talk to actually get a good deal

and maybe if your reps high enough they come looking for you

Of course there is always the option to just befriend a fixer who got all the know and rep...and if you ARE the fixer then you don't need that stuff unless a customer asks for it

Also, I'd like some awareness ability to see if you're getting ripped off. High Weaponsmith might help you see that the Araskaka SMG that dude in the van is trying to sell has a busted bolt carrier. Or a high Cybertech Skill might help you see that those blackmarket cybereyes are bunk. That'll 'encourage' players to pump those skills up instead of just twinking out all their combat skills.

This, so very much. Good way to help discern the good players from the bad: see who comes onto forums complaining about the crappy blackmarket stuff after figuring they can just firefight from start to end like most games and never rank-up their tech knowledge rolls, so every seller they can find just sells junk, since they lack the non-combat skill levels to know what's a scam and where to find better gear.

This may be odd, but is it possible that you could also occasionally pose as a black market dealer? You could find spare parts or junk in some areas and sell them to people, and they can have their own awareness lever as to whether they are being cheated or not.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Top Bottom