Black screen at startup with audio only

+
Hey
i tried everything already
everything up to date

i have an RTX 3080

Games starts, blackscreen but i hear sounds and even use the menu

same issue here. i been trying to figure this out for 4 hours straight, this is OBNOXIOUS
tried all the conventional stuff. then i was told it might be win10 issue, it needs updating. been messing with that, still the same issue. PLS HELP!!!

I just get a black screen but can hear the game running in the background. Im running it on steam. I have tried to run a clean start, have closed all unnecessary background programs, I have the latest nvidia drivers.

Running nvidia 1080TI
Ryzen 3600X
16GB Ram
Windows 10

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is enjoying Cyberpunk in a pleasant way.
sorry in advance for my level of english it is not my language.

So, here is my concern, after each death in games I have a black screen, to have to restart the games and reload the save.
Unfortunately, that does not solve the problem I fall directly on a black screen with the music of the games, nothing else, I have uninstalled the games several times always the same problem afterwards
file verification.
Nvidia update to perform

Config:
GTX 1070 Zotac 8go
AMD RYZEN 5 4.20Ghz
16Go DDR4 3600 Mhz
All driver update.

Did you update your gpu drivers?

If yes and it’s still not working please reach out to support here:

(click on contact us to send a ticket)

I tryed all the steps from your tecksupport:

Please try performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers once again according to the instructions below:
  1. Please uninstall your graphics drivers using this application: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
  2. After the uninstallation will finish, please clean install the newest drivers. https://www.geforce.com/drivers
  3. When it's done, please double-restart the game, so that Nvidia can create your driver profile, which may improve stability and performance.
I advise you to not install GeForce Experience

Thank you for your reply.

If you haven't done it yet, please try verifying integrity of game cache:
1. Launch Steam client.
2. From the Library section, right-click on Cyberpunk 2077 and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the "Local files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Please try reinstalling the REDlauncher:
  1. Uninstall the launcher like a regular program.
  2. Install it again from the game installation folder.
If this doesn't help, please uninstall the REDlauncher completely and let me know if that helped

1. If you have any applications that are using overlay features, e.g Discord, UPlay, Galaxy etc. disable their overlays or completely disable these applications.
2. Make sure that when playing the game you don't have any unnecessary applications running in the background.
3. If you have some overclocking on your hardware (CPU/GPU/RAM) reset it to stock values.
4. Try turning down your GPU Memory clock by 100 MHz and set GPU fan speed to 100% through MSI Afterburner and see if it helps.
5. Please disable your antivirus and firewall and see if it helps.

But im still just looking in to a dark void, at the startup.

Those are all good suggestions though.
Did you tell them that it still didn't work?

Did you close all nonessential background applications with the task manager?

It's best if you reach out to them again, unfortunately, I can't tell you much more than that.

Unfortunately, that did not help.

I might have gotten a little desperate, but I did a whole new formatting of my PC, so it's totally clean. Only installed steam, nvidia drivers, MSI Afterburner and windows update.

Top Bottom