Black Screen on startup

+
Black Screen on startup

I pre-downloaded W3 a week ago (manually via the website, as it was easier for me to do it in the 4GB bits, in case a download failed). I did an MD5 check in and succeeded. I install the game and was presented with the purple 'wait until release day to launch' window. I waited. I installed Galaxy, so I could see how it worked, but didn't find it improved my gaming experience, so I uninstalled it, and removed the 2 Services manually (as I saw in the Forums). I installed the patch 1.01 on launch day, so I could launch the game, all I see is a black screen and a Windows Waiting-donut. I am assuming I am in no-border mode, as I can still alt-tab, find my taskbar and open task manager to end the W3 to close the black screen. In Task manager the EXE is on 'not responding' and is using about 12% of my RAM. It seems active as it's constantly moving up and down between 12% and 13%. Nothing else happens I have an i7 3.5GHz, with 16GB RAM, and an nVidia 970 with 4GB RAM, plenty for Witcher 3 I think. I ran the EXE as admin, tried compatibility modes, disabled my AV and Firewall, added the EXE to my firewall (both directions, all ports open). I uninstalled the game as it was installed on my G-drive and installed it in the default spot on C (my SSD). I deleted GALAXY.DLL from the X64 directory. The blackscreen you see in the attachement is the W3 running and you can see the RAM usage in Task Manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Top Bottom