Black screen, White screen, No Screen, Whatever You Wanna Call it Screen.

+
For about 2 months I've been having all the 3 above whenever I try to launch Gwent and can only listen to the wonderful audio, however the audio is only half the orgasm and I really wish I could play this game. But after 2 months of trying every single fix there is on earth regarding this issue my will to play the game is starting to fade.

Drivers are up to date, I tried all the options in the compatibility tab such as disabling full screen optimization, I tried compatibility mode, I tried the reduced color mode, running as an admin, changing the high DPI scaling settings, tried to make sure that Gwent is using my high performance video card as a renderer and not my weaker one.

I think the issue is coming from Directx, because I've been having this issue with half my games and changing to an older Directx version in some other games has fixed them, but there is apparently no command or no config file I can change that from in Gwent.

So if anyone can suggest something that hasn't been suggested to me and isn't your typical solution to things, because those absolutely never work for me, then please do!

Gwent support can be reached here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

If you are had problems with other games too maybe something is off with your Windows OS. But I don‘t know what Win you are using (or but PC).

If you think that directx has something to do, perhaps installing dxwebsetup might help (you get that file from the official Microsoft website).

Installing Redustributales might also be worth considering (for example: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145)

It says setup failed, because another version of the product is already installed. I believe I tried doing this too actually now that I think about it like a month ago when this issue what still fresh.

And I'm looking for help on all forums all over the internet, because it seems like the Gwent support team is the last thing that will help me.
Half the time I feel like my emails just fall in some category for this or that issue and i just get copy and pasted some reply. Once it was even something I already did, because they told me to and the next reply was them telling me to do that same thing again when I already told them it didn't work...

This kind of system for the support team doesn't work at all in my opinion and is just disappointing to see from my favorite game creators cdpr... If there is anything else I can try, please let me know. If I can't get help here, then I won't get it anywhere.

Attached to this reply you'll also find my DxDiag file so feel free to have a look at that and see if anything can be done.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    93.1 KB · Views: 92
The thing is - looking at the dxdiag file - on Windows 10 and with these specs it should run fine. And typically, you don't need to change anything regarding the dpi or switch to a reduced color mode (in most cases, I would avoid doing anything like that). So it's really hard to say what the issue is...

If you start GeForce experience, you can select the optimized gaming settings for Gwent. Basically, that should give you the ideal settings for the game (including scaling and stuff like that).

Another guess is that a fresh installation of Windows would probably fix it (but I know nobody likes to do that).

The thing is - looking at the dxdiag file - on Windows 10 and with these specs it should run fine. And typically, you don't need to change anything regarding the dpi or switch to a reduced color mode (in most cases, I would avoid doing anything like that). So it's really hard to say what the issue is...

If you start GeForce experience, you can select the optimized gaming settings for Gwent. Basically, that should give you the ideal settings for the game (including scaling and stuff like that).

Another guess is that a fresh installation of Windows would probably fix it (but I know nobody likes to do that).

Well it really sounds like that's my only option at this point... Honestly wanted to revert to some older Windows version like Windows 8 or something, because Microsoft will keep making new updates for 10 and will just keep making it messier and messier... While older versions already have most of these issues sorted out since they've been around for longer. I'll try to adjust the Nvidia settings for the game too and see if that does anything. Thanks for the help.
Post automatically merged:

is your version of OS up to date? because that's one thing that could be causing it

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to as OS, but I'm guessing it's Operating System.
And if it's not, regardless I have pretty much everything there is to update updated.

It never is that simple with me like I said. It's always bites away at me, slowly.
Even if the issue can be resolved in 3 clicks, it could take up to 3 months or more...
I even updated my video card drivers yesterday, so everything is up to date. Gwent just refuses to work...

Maybe it's worth mentioning that I downloaded a program that supposedly forces games to run with older Directx versions like 9,10, or 11. It's called ''dxcpl'' by the way, and I did that with Gwent and any other game and they work. I can see the screen and everything, but they run at 1 to 5 fps and not more than that, which is unplayable. But I've done the same thing with other games that simply had the option to change the Directx version through their launcher or through a command that initiates on the start up of the game and those work flawlessly. So I don't know if the 5 fps issue is coming from dxcpl, or they simply aren't made to run on older Directx versions.
But then the question is why can't they work on the higher DIrectx version too then since that is what they require?

Last edited:
Top Bottom