Black screen with TOTALLY frozen PC after 1.04

+
Black screen with TOTALLY frozen PC after 1.04

Since the last patch I have been freezing to a total black screen. It completely freezes my PC to the point of CTRL ALT DEL not even working. I have to hit the power button and reboot. It happens anywhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours into playing and I keep losing game time.

Does anyone else have this issue or have a fix?

I have this same problem, except I'm not sure if it was after the 1.04 patch or not. Happened last night, but I didn't manually apply the 1.04 patch, which is why I'm not sure it was installed, unless GOG installing it automatically. Rebooted the PC, started playing again and it didn't crash anymore - at least not last night. Will check again tonight.

I had that problem once they started patching. Only a few tweaks of my graphics settings helped me. The patches are great, I'm sure, but NVIDIA hasn't yet corrected their 350 version so now the two bits of software are diverging pretty actively as each new patch comes out.

The latest fix for me was to drop HBAO+ to SSAO, but I have a GTX980.

game is unplayable now for me, crashes or freezes my computer every 5 - 10 mins of playing after patching 1.04. didn't use to have this problem on 1.03

Do You have an EVGA SC or FTW by any chance?

I do. I've found my issue is fixed after turning down demanding effects (HBAO, draw distance, etc). The graphics card temp reached 88C earlier today and that's causing the system crashes. I have to summon my pc back from the dead occasionally after one of these restarts.

Lower your core speed and mem speed. The graphics will suffer (a lot) BUT if you want to play, you can do so.

I had an odd experience... i don't know if it were coincidental or if CDProjekt is acknowledging the issue, but Gerald said "it's hot in here" after my GPU got to 80C+.

Just kinda funny.

edit: Evga GTX 760 OC

Last edited:
Happened to me a couple of times too, but I noticed tuning down the card OC delays the freezes (got a MSI GTX 980). Temps are fine as far as I'm concerned (about 80°C with GPU at 99% and with fans at 80 and 50%, default settings though).

Top Bottom