Blacklisting/ Report players with bad behavior?

+
Blacklisting/ Report players with bad behavior?

I'm not talking about taunting using chat, that is something can go from joking to personal offense, very debatable...

However, knowing he/she is gonna lose and leave the game with forfeit, roping for the rest of duration is absolutely disguesting.

I haven't meet one before, until now.

I would love to name shaming this one and show his/her id to everyone and blacklist and report such player for the rest of gwent life, however I did not check the name shaming plicy yet

Can CDPR add report or blacklisting option after game play so we can report such disguesting person and ban him/her?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Lyserus;n9671451 said:
Can CDPR add report or blacklisting option after game play so we can report such disguesting person and ban him/her?

You can always contact support to report such behavior. CDPR can then determine what to do. If the player keeps misbehaving, then CDPR could impose a penalty.

I absolutely understand your frustration. I can't fathom why certain people find pleasure in wasting their own time just to piss off someone they've never met and has never done anything to them...

​​​​​​But I'd like to share something that happened to me once:

I think it was the beginning of round 2, and I had won round 1, but it was obvious this was gonna be a hard match. I don't remember too much, only that I was skellige and my opponent was monsters (which did not bode well for me ;) )
suddenly my son started crying in the next room. I went to check what happened (usually it's something small like spilling water, so i'm back in front of the computer in no time) but this time it was something that couldn't wait and took my time and attention.
By the time I even remembered I was in the middle of a game I'd been 'roping' for a few minutes. I forfeited the moment I could and both my opponent and I sent GG immediately.

I'm pretty sure my opponent understood I had to be AFK , but if he hadn't... do you really think I would have deserved name shaming for a one-time, non malicious thing?

And what if it had been the other way around? Let's say I mistook another player's emergency for spiteful roping, and I ended up shaming someone who simply went to help a neighbor get rid of a cockroach? I'd feel absolutely terrible about it, and I imagine you would too...

My point is, sometimes our perception is wrong: especially when it comes to online interactions with no chat option. And public name-shaming- blackening someone's name and reputation, shouldn't be something you easily do over an unfortunate misunderstanding.

ArianeGrosmont;n9672011 said:
I absolutely understand your frustration. I can't fathom why certain people find pleasure in wasting their own time just to piss off someone they've never met and has never done anything to them...

​​​​​​But I'd like to share something that happened to me once:

I think it was the beginning of round 2, and I had won round 1, but it was obvious this was gonna be a hard match. I don't remember too much, only that I was skellige and my opponent was monsters (which did not bode well for me ;) )
suddenly my son started crying in the next room. I went to check what happened (usually it's something small like spilling water, so i'm back in front of the computer in no time) but this time it was something that couldn't wait and took my time and attention.
By the time I even remembered I was in the middle of a game I'd been 'roping' for a few minutes. I forfeited the moment I could and both my opponent and I sent GG immediately.

I'm pretty sure my opponent understood I had to be AFK , but if he hadn't... do you really think I would have deserved name shaming for a one-time, non malicious thing?

And what if it had been the other way around? Let's say I mistook another player's emergency for spiteful roping, and I ended up shaming someone who simply went to help a neighbor get rid of a cockroach? I'd feel absolutely terrible about it, and I imagine you would too...

My point is, sometimes our perception is wrong: especially when it comes to online interactions with no chat option. And public name-shaming- blackening someone's name and reputation, shouldn't be something you easily do over an unfortunate misunderstanding.

I suppose you are right:cheers:Truly insightful when you put it this way. (No sarcasm)

Still tho, this indicates we may need free chat function asap:hmm:

Lyserus;n9671451 said:
[...]
roping for the rest of duration is absolutely disguesting.
[...]

One can never judge whether somebody ropes to bad manner someone, or just goes through every single opportunity - even such that are impossible. I know that I had stupid thoughts in situations, I assume you are talking of, and took more time than I rationally needed, just because I didn't know that moment. Any kind of distraction can lead to "unnecessarily" taking time and it can happen at any time in the game.

Although the general idea of punishing unsportsmanlike players will sooner or later be a need, probably even in a CCG. One option would be to investigate players that get GGs pretty unfrequently - usually both players GG each other, I rather make out a case for not giving the GG to someone, than to do so.
ArianeGrosmont's example is probably the least situation in which you want to punish someone for letting the timer run out - in a situation in which one player knows that the game is over- because the opponent feels disrespected. It's better not to punish 10 people that would deserve that punishment, than to punish 10 people who don't.

Just for the record I didn't experience a bunch of disrespect in Gwent yet - playing since November 2016 - only a few; And I can deal with that.

Did you consider the possibility of opponent not realized it was his/her turn or emergency AFK?

You can't report people for roping. It's like reporting people for camping. Just because a player does something you don't like, doesn't mean he's breaking some rules and needs to be reported.

And you never know what's happening with the other player. Maybe he's talking to someone and can't play. Or maybe he's really thinking about his move.

The moment you introduce a blacklist/shaming list is the moment the community goes down the toilet. How many people do you think would use such a system like it should be used? Most people would just report/blacklist/shame people simply because they lost the game.

While I understand some people can be idiots, a system like you suggest wouldn't do anyone any favors.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
To further expand on this issue. Like others have said, you don't know what was going on on the opponent's side. If it's a one time deal, no problem. Or if (s)he used it tactically to discard 1 or 2 cards, also okay. But if (s)he is continually doing it for no other reason than out of spite, it might be punishable. You are always free to report players for bad behavior. CDPR can check the player's history and decide to do something or not.

One last thing, about blacklisting... Such a mechanic cannot be implemented because it's way too easy to abuse. For example, you can blacklist good opponent for no reason, making the matchmaking skewed.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9672551 said:
You can't report people for roping. It's like reporting people for camping. Just because a player does something you don't like, doesn't mean he's breaking some rules and needs to be reported.

And you never know what's happening with the other player. Maybe he's talking to someone and can't play. Or maybe he's really thinking about his move.

The moment you introduce a blacklist/shaming list is the moment the community goes down the toilet. How many people do you think would use such a system like it should be used? Most people would just report/blacklist/shame people simply because they lost the game.

While I understand some people can be idiots, a system like you suggest wouldn't do anyone any favors.

4RM3D;n9672611 said:
To further expand on this issue. Like others have said, you don't know what was going on on the opponent's side. If it's a one time deal, no problem. Or if (s)he used it tactically to discard 1 or 2 cards, also okay. But if (s)he is continually doing it for no other reason than out of spite, it might be punishable. You are always free to report players for bad behavior. CDPR can check the player's history and decide to do something or not.

One last thing, about blacklisting... Such a mechanic cannot be implemented because it's way too easy to abuse. For example, you can blacklist good opponent for no reason, making the matchmaking skewed.

The thing is, we are both left with 1 card, and both cards are revealed. so no, unless it's emergency, he/she is definitely being an ass.I do agree with Ariane about the possible emergency, but otherwise the guy has no other excuse he can use

Snake_Foxhounder;n9672551 said:
You can't report people for roping. It's like reporting people for camping.

Oh, I would love to be able to report someone for camping... F*%k report- arrest them... lock 'em up along with people who order pineapple pizza, and throw away the key!

Top Bottom