Blightmaker is still broken

+
Maybe, just maybe it's Albrich that's underpowered and not the other way around. I don't think he has ever been changed aside from provision buffs.

Maybe, just maybe people are way too quick to call new cards OP when, in reality, it's old cards that need buffing. Old cards dating from the earliest days of Homecoming where card tended to have provisions matching their power/effect magnitude.

Something to think about.

But they buffed older cards, quite many of them.

Are you telling me I am exaggerating that Blightmaker is OP?

It's a rare card producing 11 points of high tempo for 6p, while an epic does something similar, but with weaker effect - both bodies on the board and raw points, plus it can be played twice.

With all respect, I couldn't disagree more with your argument.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe, just maybe people are way too quick to call new cards OP

Isn't this card in a game for few weeks already?

Hunting Pack just like Blightmaker and Mage Assasin consist of two cards, thin one card and make up to 10 provision cost.

How isn't this card still OP if it will produce 3 more extra raw points including 2 damage that sometimes removes weaker bodies or sets up a combo for things like Coup when damaging 5s. It can also be played twice to thin 1 more extra card from your deck.

Imo, Blightmaker needs to go or be completely reworked.

Last edited:
Maybe this is an answer to all the "we need some substantial bronzes and not just op golds" talk from a few months ago. Also, you can't just pop in a blightmaker and automatically play it for 11 points. There are additional deck building considerations, right? Yes the required card is only 4pv, but it is still required... You can't just drop any old 4pv card in that spot. So you do have to make a 10pv commitment. Not to mention the nerf to guardian!! (sorry I couldn't resist :))

But they buffed older cards, quite many of them.
I am fully aware. And if anything, this supports my argument and seems rather counterproductive for you to bring up.

Isn't this card in a game for few weeks already?
It's been called OP, including using the Albrich argument, ever since it was announced, and it is one of the newest cards, hence a new card.

These arguments are really quite uninteresting and repetitive at this point. Fortunately, the developers do not make decisions based on how much outrage cards create, but on actual, objective data.

NG has to have some answers to a general powercreep - especially Skellige (OP faction for a year now), new Monsters and Northern Realms

NG has received a triple nerf in this last patch. It barely had 1 deck that was competitive, not tier 1 and that has been hit rather hard. Yes, Blightmakers still provide good value, but NG doesn't have anything else that provides nowhere near that much value (at least among bronzes). So no, Blightmakers being 6p is fine.

I am pretty sure, Blightmaker is currently the most popular bronze played, of course cause of it's insane value.

Is anyone playing Affan anymore? Why would they choose thinning of 5 for 7 if they can get 4 for 4? Many NG cards in fact, are now obsolete - it was not balance for NG bronzes we were asking for.

Site like this is quite common in current meta, I am not even surprised.

Attachments

• zzzzz.png
    zzzzz.png
    732.9 KB · Views: 73
Even if epic golds of the same faction with the same role are weaker? NG player right there.

:coolstory:
This can either mean that the card is indeed overpowered OR that these epics aren't good at all. May I encourage you to build a NG decks with these epics, play ranked mode and then tell me how you liked this experience?

This can either mean that the card is indeed overpowered OR that these epics aren't good at all. May I encourage you to build a NG decks with these epics, play ranked mode and then tell me how you liked this experience?

Nah, I'll abuse Blightmaker like every other NG player

:coolstory:

It would be easier to ask how many times I haven't when playing NG.

I would suggest you abuse SY, Omegascope-GS, Foltest-broken-single-handed-round-winner.
With Blightmaker, you won't get that much success. :coolstory:

I know what you're talking about, seen everything you mentioned already. Surely will, just want to have some fun with NG mechanics atm.

Blightmaker is still auto-include in every NG deck, so yes, it seems kinda OP to me
..or rather most of NG bronzes and their synergies are too weak

Soldier archetype - too weak. pure Spies - too weak.
Assimilate - nerfed and useless in a meta with insane SK control and SY and NR pumps

Top Bottom