Blood and wine excessive pop-in and shadow issues, please advise.

+
Hi all, I'm having a strange issue ever since I started blood and wine, issue that weren't as egregious in the main game. Basically, various objects and textures in the game, specifically blood and wine would randomly appear and disappear. I've encountered several bridges in blood and wine that would appear the closer I get to it or disappear as soon as I look away or take a few steps back.

Shadows also randomly draw in and out as I get closer to an object and occasionally (see uploaded image), have a strange dithering effect that covers npc faces.

I've reverified the game on gog several times. Installed and reinstalled, cleaned out drivers and reinstalled new drivers. No change. Advise?

My pc: gtx 970, i7 920, 16gb ram and game is running on an ssd.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2018.10.06 - 09.41.58.03_LI.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2018.10.06 - 09.41.58.03_LI.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 120
  • The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2018.10.06 - 09.42.03.94_LI.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2018.10.06 - 09.42.03.94_LI.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 114
Are you using any mods? If yes disabling might be worth a try.

Also with GOG Galaxy you can verify/repair your installation.

It might be related to the other thread discussing the lighting glitches introduced with a patch they put out. I've seen some odd behavior on the complete edition on X1X as well. An item here or there disappears/reappears depending on viewing angle (not very common). Was swimming across a lake in Velen and the oar a NPC was using to move a boat kept vanishing/reappearing as he did the paddle animation. The odd lightning/shadow circles on doors (discussed in the mentioned thread). Even had a complete WTF moment on the Little Red quest where the werewolf was completely invisible. Vesemir forgot to mention that one :).

In general, popping up objects in the distance are not uncommon in open word games from 3 years ago and older. That‘s not necessarily that surprising. Especially not with TW3.

However, with GeForce experience you can select the optimized settings for the game on your computer. Maybe it improves the experience.

You can also try to reinstall the redistributables:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Or ask CDPR support:
https://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom