Blood and Wine Expansion: Ciri visits vineyard?

+
Blood and Wine Expansion: Ciri visits vineyard?

So, i've seen video in youtube that shows Ciri visits Geralt at his vineyard in Touissant.
Apparently, Ciri is an Empress of Nilfgard, so I assume this cutscene would happened if you already finished Wild Hunt and got the "Ciri Empress" ending.

But, what if i played "Blood and Wine only" from the Goty edition? (cannot export save game from the previous, non GOTY version, damn!) I started the game where The Wild Hunt Quest are assumed as finished, and in Her Glossary, Ciri's fate are unknown aside from "have to face the White frost using her power". Even in his dialogue with the friendly vampire, geralt only says that Him and Ciri got separated again.

So, Would the cutscene where ciri visits geralt would happened if i start the "Blood and wine only" without playing the Wild Hunt?

No, you get Dandelion if you play BAW stand alone. I don't think that GOTY has changed this because it's the same game as original version. It seems to me that in stand alone version game assumes that Ciri died (bad ending) in the end of main game. She just disappeared after entering to that tower.

And to be more precise, you can only get Ciri in Corvo Bianco if she is alve (witcher or empress) and you didn't romance anybody. If you are on PC, there is a mod which allows you to get her in there as a second guest. If I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Awww... no....
I tought it would have something like "simulate Wild Hunt save" or something.

What about Yennefer? I Just got a letter from yennefer and She mention geralt as "Dear friend", would it be different if i started after WH or BAW only?

BTW, it is any method to export saves from Witcher 3: WH to GOTY in PS4? I literally had hundred hours there, even repeating the game so I can get the "Ciri Empress" ending. Or maybe i can download someone else's save for the GOTY?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You get the "dear friend" letter from Yen if you didn't romance anybody. And that is what happens in BAW stand alone. I got it from Triss when I had romanced her during main game. Can't remember what it said but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a "friend" letter.

Sadly you can't use other saves in PS4 than the ones made with your own account :(

---------- Updated at 03:30 PM ----------

Also thread moved to BAW subforum.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You get the "dear friend" letter from Yen if you didn't romance anybody. And that is what happens in BAW stand alone. I got it from Triss when I had romanced her during main game. Can't remember what it said but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a "friend" letter.

Sadly you can't use other saves in PS4 than the ones made with your own account :(

---------- Updated at 03:30 PM ----------

Also thread moved to BAW subforum.

Yen replies with 'Dear Friend' if you do not romance anyone. She responds with 'Dearest' and ends it with 'Your Yenn' if you romance her. Triss's is similar (eg. My Dear Geralt), ends it with 'Your Triss'.

Question. Does Ciri visit Corvo Bianco when you did the witcher ending for her? or only if you did the ciri as empress ending?

Question. Does Ciri visit Corvo Bianco when you did the witcher ending for her? or only if you did the ciri as empress ending?

Ciri will visit Corvo Bianco if you fulfill these conditions:
- you got the Witcher ending OR the Empress ending in the main game
- you romanced neither Yennefer nor Triss
:hug:

In my game, I saw her even long after I've finished the main Blood and Wine questline - I saw her leaving the vineyard in the morning after Geralt took a long sleep during the night. Is she living now on his vineyard o something? Never saw anybody in the guestroom...

Ralalu;n7507820 said:
She goes to bed at 10 pm and wakes up at 8 am

Yeah, I've already noticed. In fact, I spied on her on purpose, so after she leaves the house, she then goes to sit by the same tree she'd met with Geralt at first. All day every day.

So long story short, I got the Ciri visits ending despite the fact that I romanced Triss in the original game. I played the game right after release, then Hearths of Stone when it was released(in standalone). I picked up Blood and Wine just now, because I was in denial and did not want to end the game once and for all, so I stashed this expansion, even though I've purchased it right away.

Anyway, when HoS came out I've played it standalone mode, then I started BW but got just a few quests in when I decided I should play this with the original game's save. So I did just that after taking a year long break. In the original game I've romanced Triss and Ciri became a witcher. When I started to play through the expansions I've checked. Triss's character page says, that she stayed and did not go to Kovir, because I asked her to stay and in some previous paragraph it mentioned the kiss in Triss's romance quest and that we have feelings for each other after all. I did not romance Yennefer. I remember having the ending dialoge, something like Ciri became a famous withceress and after some years on the path geralt moved in with Triss in Kovir or something like that. In HoS I romanced Shani (ended up doing so, even though I just wanted to be nice to her). Is that the reason? As far as I know romancing shani does not affect your main affair.

First thing was off when in BW the kid bringing you a message, passed a letter that was from Yennefer and was starting with "Dear friend". I remember thinking that Triss supposed to bring the letter, but it was ok since I did not romance Yen, I imagined that it's always from Yen just the tone is different depending on the relationship. They say that you end up with Ciri if you did not romance anyone or tried to romance both, but I romanced only Triss and still ended up with Ciri. Don't get me wrong I'm very much satisfied, just surprised. Does anyone else having this? Seems like a bug, because the game somewhat recognises the romance options wrong.

fujion;n9233051 said:
So long story short, I got the Ciri visits ending despite the fact that I romanced Triss in the original game. I played the game right after release, then Hearths of Stone when it was released(in standalone). I picked up Blood and Wine just now, because I was in denial and did not want to end the game once and for all, so I stashed this expansion, even though I've purchased it right away.

It could be a compatibility issue with old save games. Also, if you are on PC, did you use any console commands to change facts related to romance? One of the patches added a retroactive "fix" to the Let's try again bug, perhaps it causes problems with some old saves. Anyway, if you do have the PC version, just use these commands:

addfact(q309_triss_lover)
addfact(q309_triss_stayed)
addfact(q309_told_triss_you_love_her)

The last one might be unneeded, this is what the above mentioned patch checks for, but probably only when you load a save from a different version.

Edit: one possible explanation I can think of is if you originally completed the game with a pre-1.05 version, picked the "Let's try again" option, then used that save in Hearts of Stone and later in Blood and Wine.

Last edited:
sv3672;n9233361 said:
Edit: one possible explanation I can think of is if you originally completed the game with a pre-1.05 version, picked the "Let's try again" option, then used that save in Hearts of Stone and later in Blood and Wine.

Yeah, it's highly possible, since I sunk into the game the second it was released and barely slept or eat (no joke), so my original playtrrough and the save must have been from a very early patch. Didn't know about this fix but it would explain a lot. Thank you!

Sunsibar;n3258643 said:
If you are on PC, there is a mod which allows you to get her in there as a second guest. If I remember correctly.

You know where this is?

Mrwhitey998;n9259951 said:
You know where this is?

Sorry, I don't have any idea. I was only remembering that someone mentioned it somewhere at some point. But hopefully someone else knows.

Sunsibar;n9260511 said:
Sorry, I don't have any idea. I was only remembering that someone mentioned it somewhere at some point. But hopefully someone else knows.

Alright no problem.

Maybe someone will mention it.

Sunsibar;n9260511 said:

Also interested, did some searching to no avail.

Ghaisos;n10601872 said:
There's a few mods that do this, actually. Here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gz22z9LMcs

Haven't tried it out myself, but the description is promising.

Ya I have the companion mod if you have trouble downloading it / locating it elsewhere - let me know and I can upload it to a file hosting site or something. There's a couple of them actually - one of them makes it so despite you romancing Triss or Yen during the main game, Dandelion & Ciri are both spawned at Geralt's vineyard so that post-game you can have the conversations with them that you would normally not have available to you. Besides, it makes plenty of sense - Ciri & Dandelion would both visit Geralt.

Another companion mod I have, I have running all the time on the game, which allows you to spawn companions & special companions via the console and allows some extra conversation options with a spawned special companion (ciri, romanced Triss / Yen) - with Ciri you can spar with her and hug her. With your romanced sorceress, you can tell her you love her which leads to a kiss at anytime / anywhere, and also if you're at Dandelion's Inn, or at Geralt's vineyard (inside the buildings) a sex option is added to the conversation list.

Both are pretty cool mods that, IMO, add some realism to the game, particularly in Toussaint where you feel less lonely having Ciri & your romance interest there all the time, and you can even spawn them and have them accompany you on your 'Witchering'. :)

One mod I wish someone could have done would be to have either Ciri or your Sorceress ride on your horse with you to make the journeying more realistic and add to the emotional attachment of the player to the life they've built with Geralt & his companion(s). I know that may sound silly to some, but I get pretty into my games and aim for maximum realism and emotional attachment to my characters. :D

Top Bottom