Blood and Wine - Extreme Cosplay quest issue.

+
Blood and Wine - Extreme Cosplay quest issue.

I have equipped the sword and shield, but I cannot seem to put the shield in my hand. I can draw the elven sword, but nothing I do will make the shield appear in my hand to trigger the next step in the quest.

Any suggestions?

Put the shield into the quest slot (the place you put torches and usable quest items) and bring up the menu that let you choose signs and select the shield (instead of a bomb or a crossbow) and then press the button which you use for using the crossbow or throwing a bomb. Shield should be drawn.

Tried that.

Did not work.

---------- Updated at 09:34 AM ----------

Worked it out. Needed the shoot button to equip the shield.

Bugged out for me on my second NG+ play through. Tells me to follow the tracks but when I get to the body at the door it did nothing so I left the area & came back later but the man was gone as where the tracks & if i attempted to blast open the door or read the sign it goes Quest failed. Pity I really wanted that sword & shield.

Once it gets hot just run up the stairs and regenerate, then jump back in. What annoyed me about this quest was how dimeritium bombs dont work on the mages, I had to resort to using northern wind.

Once it gets hot just run up the stairs and regenerate, then jump back in. What annoyed me about this quest was how dimeritium bombs dont work on the mages, I had to resort to using northern wind.

LOL, I did just that after dying 6 times. I was playing on BABB but switched to SAS for this. Definitely one of the most fun and intense side quests of this expansion.

LOL, I did just that after dying 6 times. I was playing on BABB but switched to SAS for this. Definitely one of the most fun and intense side quests of this expansion.

I died at least 10 times on Deathmarch before I discovered they forgot about me once I got upstairs. I'm so glad I found it since I was starting to lose my sanity.

Finally did this quest, and MAN what an awesome fight. Took me about 4-5 times to understand how tough the opponents were, but once I realized I needed to keep moving and how to attack them, I was able to (just barely) come out on top.

What I loved the most is the final kill totally validated my build. The TL: DR of the fight was:
- a couple Dancing Stars at the start to keep the back few busy
- roll-to-close, quick dodge, Rend technique on the 4 pikemen while avoiding the sorceresses
- finally a Northern Wind + Rend combo for the 2 spell casters, the last of which was at 100% health (level 80-something), and as my build emphasizes adrenaline buildup, crit %, and Rend, I was able to achieve a 1 hit kill totaling a staggering 25k damage to end that bish (about as satisfying a kill as I've had).

Would not have been able to survive without mutated skin (45% dam. reduc.), as I was taking crazy damage the whole time (went thru all potions - thank God for Refreshment!)

Also, SMH at all you noobs who used the stairs thing... though I kinna wish I had tried it. :)

Is there a special oil Geralt can use during this fight? Also, can you switch to the silver sword/steel sword or does Geralt fight with the elven sword because it's already equipped? I tried this fight a couple of times; things were happening so fast that I didn't see which sword he drew/used. I'll just try running up the stairs next time and then use my bombs on those bastards.

One more question: When Geralt talks to the two guys about what has happened, one of them basically tells him that he and his merry men have been re-enacting this scene for years withouth anything bad happening. So why now? Or should I just wait and see what happens after the fight? :)

Fire and poison bombs did the trick for me. They huddled up enough to where I could stall them and inflict passive damage. Then the ones that didn't get caught in the blast I could engage easier. And if the opportunity presented itself I would risk a whirl into the group too busy burning alive. One of the two-handers would always stagger me with their block and break my shield, though. So I couldn't do that for long.

I know this an old post, but I had searched the internet and found nothing about my problem.

When I do extreme cosplay, the Ancient Elven Sword is missing, nothing to loot, couldn't even spawn it from console. I load a save before, but couldn't spawn the sword either. It's like the sword ID never been there at all. I don't really have that much save, the latest after is before fighting Eredin, so I'm in a pinch right now. Anoyone can help?

Top Bottom