Blood and Wine FAQ [No Spoilers]

+
Yep I would also like to know whether there will be a preload given the size of the expansion.

Great info, i hope my level 70 NG+ Geralt won't find this too easy :geraltsad:
In a german preview video they showcased an option which was called "enemies scale according to your level ON/OFF" (or at least something like that)
So I guess if somebody turns this option ON your current level wont really matter. I think this is how they solved the problem differentiating between people who play BaW after Wild Hunt or people who play it after beating Wild Hunt+HoS. Seems pretty neat to me :)

So when does this take place in the timeline? Before. during, or after the events of Wild Hunt? Or does that just vary by player depending on when you play it?

Do you know whether there will be a pre-load available at least via gog? If you don't know could you please go and ask somebody who knows? The expansion is around 13gb big or bigger. Now I can download that fairly quickly but a lot of people can't and a lot of people would rather not leave their PC running the whole night only to be able to play Blood and Wine in the morning of the day of release. So could you please find out if you don't know?

The same applies to the patch. Do you know when it will come out or what the estimated arrival is? If you do not could you please find out? A lot of people play the game with mods and the modders need time to adjust their mods to a new patch so it would be really great if we would have an idea when it will arrive.

I know I asked both of those questions about 6 times in one form or the other but I would really like to know and I do think this is more important from a technical perspective for more people than whether or not we can dye Geralt's underwear green and whether we can do so in the maingame as well if we decide to start a new game plus after Blood and Wine.

Do you know whether there will be a pre-load available at least via gog?
I don't know, but I can ask.
The same applies to the patch. Do you know when it will come out or what the estimated arrival is?
I believe this still needs to be finalised, so I won't hazard a guess.

In both cases, I can't promise immediate replies, but I will pass these questions, and a few others, along.

I don't know, but I can ask.

I believe this still needs to be finalised, so I won't hazard a guess.

In both cases, I can't promise immediate replies, but I will pass these questions, and a few others, along.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Hey so for me.. a guy who bought the season pass when the game was new.. do I get something special like weapons or something like that?

No info on that, but i doubt that ppl who bought the game and pass (like you and me) will get any special treatment, and thats completely fine.

I do hate that pre-order rubbish. Seriously... just get us the damned game in a timely fashion and properly bugfixed and I'm good. The advantage or pre-ordering is simply to be able to play it straight off the bat.

No info on that, but i doubt that ppl who bought the game and pass (like you and me) will get any special treatment, and thats completely fine.
well Im not upset cause we get a really good game, Im sure of it. All I need now is for CDPR to surprise us and release it today!!!

Will the "Vampire: Katakan" have strength 4 (as in the original, physical HoS decks) or strength 5 (as in the digital game)? This is important from a tactical point of view since the "Vampire: Katakan" protects all the other summoned vampires against "Scorch" or "Scorch - Close Combats" effects.

Will all decks contain (I) "Olgierd von Everec" , (II) "Gaunter o'Dimm" and (III) "Gaunter o'Dimm: Darkness" (3x),
(iv) "Cow", (v) "Bovine Defense Force" (as opposed to the original, physical HoS decks)? The "Gaunter o'Dimm" cards are also important from a tactical point of view, since they're the only way to "Muster" extra cards for the Nilfgaardian and Northern Realms factions. (Ok both factions are the only ones with spies, but every faction has decoys [and healers] so that makes it even.) Furthermore, since these are neutral cards, "Gaunter o'Dimm" + decoy add some extra dimension.

Original, physical HoS decks:

And what about some alternative Gwent card designs for neutral cards? Will neutral cards of all four factions have the same design or do the HoS and BoW decks use different designs?
This may be a question better answered specifically by @Rafal_Jaki , if you're around Rafal?

---------- Updated at 01:43 PM ----------

Is steam going to preload ?
I've already asked. Just waiting on a reply.

---------- Updated at 01:47 PM ----------

Finally, as a reminder to all: Please, don't ask about specific hardware configurations. Such questions can most probably be answered by other members over in Tech Support. Thank you.

1:00 am on May 31st, 2016 in Poland is the exact same time as 4:00 p.m. May 30th, 2016 in L.A. The game is being released everywhere at the same time. It's the time zones that account for the different times in different places. It will be 4:00 pm Pacific, 5:00 pm Mountain, 6:00 pm Central, and 7:00 pm East Coast in USA.

@DontBlnkBadWolf , @Rawls ' response is accurate. The date is merely the result of different time zones.

I understand that. But that was not my intent for the question. For the HOS release, we were all told that it would be a simultaneous release. Meaning when CDPR released it in Poland on their October 15th I think it was, the rest of the world would get it right then. No matter if it was the date was the 14th in the United States. But it was not so. I was in a long debate with a Microsoft employee about what CDPR had said about their world wide release & was told that it did not matter if CDPR was 2 days ahead of the United States, October 15th is October 15th. They are keeping the release date as the 15th in the United States.

So I am still posing the question to be asked to CDPR. With what Microsoft said, is CDPR releasing this on the 30th in the States because CDPR is 6 hours ahead of my location in the States, or the 31st because the 31st is the 31st?

Like I was told, October 15th is the HOS release date, not the 14th @ 7pm because it's 1am October 15th in Poland. And some of us, like me, couldn't get it until after 11am because Microsoft is in the West 3 hours behind my time.

Just a clarification is all I am wanting. I honestly think that CDPR needs to contact all of the releasing clients to get them all on the same time as CDPR's release time.

Hope I didn't make it confusing, I tried to explain it as best as I could.

This may be a question better answered specifically by @Rafal_Jaki , if you're around Rafal?

---------- Updated at 01:43 PM ----------

I've already asked. Just waiting on a reply.

---------- Updated at 01:47 PM ----------

Finally, as a reminder to all: Please, don't ask about specific hardware configurations. Such questions can most probably be answered by other members over in Tech Support. Thank you.

On all neutral cards we have the same artwork (the base version).

There is no pre load on steam because they dont support dlc pre download yet

Top Bottom