Blood and Wine graphics are bad

+
Blood and Wine graphics are bad

So, I just started playing Blood and Wine. I also upgraded to patch 1.21. Before this, the game looked absolutely phenomenal. I mean it. The environments were incredible. Now it looks like I am playing on an Xbox hooked up to some tv i got off craigslist. I had no issue with things popping in before, I was able to run everything on ultra settings. Leather looked like leather, metal looked like metal, face detail was amazing. Now it looks like I am playing something out of 2006. I mean it, it is that bad. Why is this?

I am running an i5-4690k with an AMD R390 video card, 8GB system RAM and 8GB video RAM. Why does 1.21 and Blood and Wine make it look like I am gaming in 720p? My resolution is set to 1440.

Please help! Thanks!

The 1.21 patch and xpac install randomly switched my texture and water quality to Low, have you double checked to make sure that's not the case?

That would certainly make sense, and they did that to me as well, but switching them has zero effect on quality, even when i set them to ultra. It is like the game is frozen in low settings. I even tried changing it via the presets, and no luck. Is it just broken do you think? I read a quote where the new graphics were going to use "bundled textures or some such thing, and I hope this is not a reflection of that.

The only thing I noticed is that in Toussaint no sharpening is active and everything looks blurry in comparison to the other game regions. Playstation version of the game doesn't have the issue.

PS 4:

View attachment 44791

PC everything on Ultra:
View attachment 44811

Just compare the mountain LOD.

Attachments

• 13305092_1111603458900740_2900912441833622533_o.jpg
    13305092_1111603458900740_2900912441833622533_o.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 259
  • The Witcher 3 05.31.2016 - 20.11.41.20.jpg
    The Witcher 3 05.31.2016 - 20.11.41.20.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 302
Try deleting the files "user.settings" and "user.settings.bak" in your "documents\thewitcher3..." folder. Sometimes there are issues with them after installing a patch. You have to make the settings again, of course. ;)

And also check the thread for graphic tweaks in this forum section. Maybe there are some helpful tips for you.

The only thing I noticed is that in Toussaint no sharpening is active and everything looks blurry in comparison to the other game regions. Playstation version of the game doesn't have the issue.

PS 4:

View attachment 44791

PC everything on Ultra:
View attachment 44811

Could this have something to do with the sun actually hitting the mountain on the ps4? Its gone down behind the mountain on the PC. I havent played it myself yet and i remember pre release screenshots having a sort of blurry look to the terrain in the background then too.

PS 4:

View attachment 44791

PC everything on Ultra:
View attachment 44811

Like I said... Not blury... No mods...

Almost same time like on top screens:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7391/27104663200_4ce53bd1aa_o.png

Daytime, same position:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7652/27346748596_d0e1ecbd78_o.png

Last edited:
@ljensen

Can you post a screen shot? Also, make sure that your resolution was not returned to defaults. From your description, it sounds like you may be seeing upscaled graphics.

I guess that the answer is simpler then user.setting, i just tested this theory on my copy of the game.
Depth of field will create this blurry distant areas, please check if it is turned on. I have it on and it look exactly as your pc version (I like it when distant area are blurred), when i turned it off everything became sharp.

O....M.....G.... Thank you guys so much! that seems to have fixed the issue! I see someone beat me to the fallout 4 joke, lol. You guys rock!

That fixed it, thanks! haha at fallout 4 joke. Game looks great, Toussaint looks a bit more fluid that gritty Velen.

Top Bottom