Blood and Wine Indoors

+

Krook

Forum regular
I'm really loving Blood and Wine in just about every way, but I agree indoors are extremely dark, no matter what setting. Have to use a torch to be able to explore rooms and houses, lol.

thank god i'm not the only one who see's that things are indeed too dark...because i almost got started tweaking nvidia and monitor settings which is a tedious prosess if you want to have them balanced and also i would be damaging the looks of all my other games..
Anyway in order to just check i ->
- i tried increasing the gamma which help a bit..before it became too much for indoors buuuttt the outdoors were wrekt so that's not the solution
- i tried increasing the brightness which also didn't help...guess what..the outdoors were wrekt as well
(i tried these too as well with bloom disabled and things became shitty looking)
So unless its a bug that i have alone, i'm almost convinced that yeah..we need more candles ..Immersion < Convenience

Too dark for sunny,clear days but ok for overcast weather or nights but the problem is outdoor lighting doesn't look effecting indoors much.

@Ancient76 Have you tried turning off the bloom? Because I'm guessing that much reflection is basically bloom at work.

I have already tried that and it's still too bright. Difference is too small.
This can be easily fixed by lowering texture brightness. I did the same thing long ago in my Far Cry 3 texture mod.
And also reducing lightning brightness for a day period.

I often find where a game tells you to set your gamma settings is still way too low, go a bit higher! The Witcher 3 isn't one of those games where the atmosphere is ruined by having your gamma up a bit higher, you'll still be using torches and cat potions for caves and dungeons, I assure you.

I have the same problem. The main game and Hearts of Stone indoors are fine, but the Toussaint indoors are too dark. Sometimes I can't even see the NPC without Cat potion, mostly I just got annoyed and followed the dot. Maybe it need more light sources, like more candles or more light from the windows and such.

Indoors should be better lit during day time but not by much. I've been in rooms lit only with candle light. They're dark because they're supposed to be. The glow around the candle light is also quite nice though a bit overdone.

Top Bottom