Blood and Wine -- Launch Trailer!

+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCcL8daFAg

EDIT: While the music choice maybe isn't in line with what people are accustomed to from the previous trailers, I feel that CDPR does not deserve so much criticism in this case. The trailer is full of action, and it is OK, for me at least, to be accompanied by faster music.

Maybe they could have mixed it up a bit to show the transitions better, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.
I personally think that music choice was made to bring contrast and open a little our eyes to the story.

Toussaint

Is known for its wine, peacefullness and colorfull fields. and so on, "nice stuff"
And the music just contrasts all this in tho reveal the hidden darkness, vampires, gore and so on.
And now there is the new monster that nobody seems to be able to handle.

So i think that music choise is perfect for launch trailer because it "supposedly" paints a picture of what the whitchers last contract is.

ps. thank you for the music, sorry for typos,
English is hard.

Last trailer ever?

Nah, I live in hope for an enhanced edition which reinstates the saskia/iorveth sequences during the main game.
(toooooootally not gonna happen, but still...)

In any case, I didn't mind the music. Trailer was good and not really spoilerish other than
OMGSOMANYNEWMONSTERZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the music and the trailer work very well. Theres no way orchestral pieces could have worked better with the second part of the trailer, which is filled with monster showcasing. Great work on the trailer guys. Witcher's trailers will be missed.

It took me a few minutes to create, so it's far from being perfect. :innocent:
That's waay better.
Thanks, Gilrond. :) With voice records and SFX from the trailer it would've been much cooler. ;)
When I watched the trailer, I had a feeling that it needs something a bit more dark, mysterious and epic for this last quest. Music like HoS trailer had.

Here's the track that I used in my version, if someone interested.

Last edited:
Wow... those guys in that music video look like One Direction and sound like Papa Roach... bit weird for my taste... but then I'm German and a lot of us listen to this crap:

[video=youtube;ZkW-K5RQdzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo[/video]

But maybe that would have actually worked better for the trailer?

Ah, just got e-mail which says that my physical BAW copy has been sent via mail. It's supposed to be here during this week.

That has to mean pre download? Right? Usually they send games so that you get them to your mail box on release date.

Hey, hey there - don't say that Rammstein is crap, ok? :)

I just did so...

"Meanwhile we're preparing and playing the expansion of tomorrow's review embargo and you can expect our review to land at 1:00pm BST in the afternoon."
Eeeek.... 4.00AM at my region. No thanks, i`ll watch it later after taking a nap.Oh. no.wrong, 16.00.

Last edited:
Wow... those guys in that music video look like One Direction and sound like Papa Roach... bit weird for my taste... but then I'm German and a lot of us listen to this crap:

[video=youtube;ZkW-K5RQdzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo[/video]

But maybe that would have actually worked better for the trailer?

Rammstein are alright. But since BaW is vampire related and if I really want a metal track to complement it I would pick something from Tribulation.

Rammstein are alright. But since BaW is vampire related and if I really want a metal track to complement it I would pick something from Tribulation.

Just awful... honestly for me there would just be two choices if you want to go hardrock/metal you either go for something that is absolutely mainstream and therefore something that everybody thinks is pretty much a cult classic like:

Bit slower and driven

or if you need something more up tempo:

Or if you need something in between with a more melodic voice which also has a bit of overtones to Toussaint given the books ;):

[video=youtube;-sQ3Af3DpeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQ3Af3DpeM[/video]

or how about something that actually suits the vampire theme/Toussaint in terms of basically changing between slow and fast paced to really hit the idea home of trouble and evil boiling under the surface:

The second option would be to go with melodic metal and go with something like Nightwish or simply go and get one of Tarja Turunen's songs.

Top Bottom