Blood and Wine -- New Screenshots released

+
Blood? Wine? BLOOD? Blood AND Wine? How much more vampire can it get? :huh:

Also, there is a distinct lack of vampires in TW3 so far. Katakans and Ekkimaras don't count. Give me Bruxae.
More Bruxae!
"Times passed and no amount of coin would convince a Witcher to take this contract...."

WOW.

My obstinate nature prevents me from playing TW3 until this expansion is released, and indeed, the wait is hard because of it.

I wonder if there is any significance to the necklace the ladies are wearing.

The 3 on the left have a blue emerald, the girl on the right, green.

Great screenshots btw, better than anticipated.

And now, a few of my minor observations and speculations:

Are they standing in an arena, perhaps? A walled tourney-ground? (Note the grille-work gate [prison-door style], and reinforced cage-work on the walls, which would be impractical for a fortress, but reasonable for an arena, or tournament theatre. Also, note the dull red banners hanging from the timber walls, the jousting shield above the gate, and the pennants which may be seen on the rail beyond. These suggest a ceremonial, festive function for the area. Perhaps the Duchess is congratulating Sir Geralt on a victory? (Also, notice that Geralt's in checkers? Stylish choice, if a wee bit unusual.)

It is interesting to point out that the mushrooms may be enlarged by magic (a sorceress' or sorcerer's tower beyond?), rather than Geralt having been shrunk, or under the influence of an intoxicant, or hallucinogen. Note the small flowers, shorter grass, and signpost, which suggest that only the mushrooms and ferns are not their proper, natural size.

I'll only remark that I'm reminded slightly of Murky Waters, and I'm quite pleased at that prospect, since it may presage other similarities. . . (I also like the new variety of foliage.)

Last edited:
Your opinion brothers witcher's, who are with him would do such a thing? I doubt that Bruxa capable of such ...
:hmm:

* [Speaking with Geralt's voice] *
A hand without body... probably the monster kept the rest.

The other has claw marks on the chest but doesn't seem too deep, a possible scratch in the neck near the external jugular vein.

The cuts in the legs and the stomach weren't made by sword or some other edged weapon, the wounds aren't clean and they were made in one swing. The attacker must had not only sharp claws but also great strength and used it to cut this poor folk by brute force.

Probably both were ambushed by the monster, killed one but the attack failed on the other, he tried to run, but the monster cut his legs and then finished him... quite sadistic creature. The monster didn't need two meals, so abandoned the second corpse.

Although I need to ask around where the body was found. The culprit must be, assuming he was found near a swamp and due to the type of wounds and the area of the body they were inflicted, it was a Bloedzuiger. They feed with guts and blood, so it seems possible.

But if the corpse was found in the forest, it might have been a Werewolf.
* [Finish speech and leaves] *

Last edited:

cyseal

Is it known will DLC take place after main storyline or before ?

Am I noticing new hair textures on Geralt? From what I remember in that "forum exclusive", Geralt's hair didn't curl at the ends with Hairworks on.

It is interesting to point out that the mushrooms may be enlarged by magic (a sorceress' or sorcerer's tower beyond?), rather than Geralt having been shrunk, or under the influence of an intoxicant, or hallucinogen. Note the small flowers, shorter grass, and signpost, which suggest that only the mushrooms and ferns are not their proper, natural size.

I bet that this mushroom part is the one where Roach gains her ability to speak ;)

You mean one rather like the bottle @Marcin Momot received?
View attachment 35060 (Twitter Source.)
That would be quite amusing, however, I severely doubt it.

It's too big to fit in the game box :) But a minature version of it would be awesome :) Also, consider an empty bottle for kids under 18/21 years old :p

I am totally aware this will not be possible; it will stay just as a nice idea because a game 18+ will not promote alcoholism in a physical form or anything like that. There might be other reasons, though?

Last edited:

Haven't played Witcher 1 yet, so those monsters reminded me of this...

Please release this expansion quick so I can get this movie out of my head :D This is emergency!

Edit: Hmmm... Something went wrong with that picture quote. Maybe it felt offended? Anyhow, it was supposed to be that last picture with Geralt and the "worms".

Last edited:
Top Bottom