Blood and Wine -- New Screenshots released

+
Ah, i didn't know that. Don't understand why people wanted more empty lands ? Well. it's the way it is now.
Thanks for info.

I don't understand that either. Now some of those same people complain that the game world is too empty, so I guess that's just another example of people not knowing what they really want.

It makes exploration more immersive and realistic

Well, not for me.
I mean it's a game, I want to be entertained. if i want a real realistic scenario, i just go outside ;)
Sure, i don't want action, events or interesting places every 100 meters, but what we have now is in my opinion a bit boring.
At some point, the beautiful world does not help anymore against the boredom that appears here and there.

so I guess that's just another example of people not knowing what they really want.
Seems so.
Well, that's the negative effect, of a dev team listens TOO MUCH to their fan base.
Both has positive and negative effects

Doesn't matter. I think the devs will do it right in B&W .
They already did it in HoS.;)

Last edited:
Well, not for me.
Sure, i don't want action, events or interesting places every 100 meters, but what we have now is in my opinion a bit boring.
At some point, the beautiful world does not help anymore against the boredom that appears here and there.
A question of preference, I guess. What I usually do (with most open world games) is exploring the world first, the locations, and enjoying the atmosphere of the world without even touching any quests. I spent a few hours just exploring the White Orchad to feel the world.

But for people like you, there is always a fast travel option. Though, I get that what really makes you feel this way is some repetetivness e.g. kill/loot the bandits/monsters etc. type of places that fill the map.

On the other hand, the game is overwhelming enough with the numer and variety of quests that actually appear on our way. So I think it depends on how you play the game. If you follow the quests, use fast travel more often, the empty space or optional kill the bandits events should not bother you too much.

Last edited:
My guess is that it'll take place in between the main story, just like HoS.

Is there any info on at what point the expansion isn't playable anymore? What I mean is, that you can't start the expansion missions after a certain point in the overal storyline.

A question of preference, I guess.
yep.

What I usually do (with most open world games) is exploring the world first, the locations, and enjoying the atmosphere of the world without even touching any quests. I spent a few hours just exploring the White Orchad to feel the world.

I do the same. And did the same with every witcher 3 area. Dont know how many hours i spend only in kaer morhen because it's one of the beautifulest places in witcher 3 . Also one of the most interesting areas because some quests are hidden, and discovering is rewarding in that way.

But for people like you, there is always a fast travel option. Though, I get that what really makes you feel this way is some repetetivness e.g. kill/loot the bandits/monsters etc. type of places that fill the map.

Bingo.
Btw, i didnt used fast travel so often. I mostly refrained using it.

Is there any info on at what point the expansion isn't playable anymore? What I mean is, that you can't start the expansion missions after a certain point in the overal storyline.

HoS have no point like this when you can't play them anymore. I don't think there will something like this in B&W either.

Last edited:
News from the polish froum. CDPR chosen 10 polish (extra six will be chosen via the contest) users who are invited to visit the studio to celebrate a near release of the Blood and Wine. "Near", relatively speaking of course, since the visit is set to 21 May, which means that expansion won't be release before this date or that expansion will be released earlier and the meeting will take place after that.

I'm guessing that we'll get a teaser within the first week of May. A trailer on May 19th to celebrate the anniversary of the base game. And finally the release on last week of May or first week of June.

A release in June will be more and more likely for me.
Damn, so long to wait..... but good things take a while.

A release in June will be more and more likely for me.
Damn, so long to wait..... but good things take a while.
Damn this couldn't get released during a worse time :p
Last year i kinda failed in my exams due to Arkham Knight.So this year i have to restrain myself

Definitely agree with the June release date theory.

I hope to see some noble children in this expansion. Don't remember seeing any but peasant kids in TW 3.

Like said above there are a few young children of nobles in Novigrad. Jarl Udalryk has a baby in the game... and I suppose he qualifies as a noble. Also, if you count young adult Children, Ciri, Cerys, Hjalmar and the var Attre sisters would all qualify.

Having said all that it would be nice to have a young (eight to thirteen year old) character of noble birth in the expansion, since there haven't really been any yet. But honestly, that is far down my list of wants for the expansion. So if it's there ... Cool! If not ... shrug.

The facial expressions alone promise complexity, variety, and depth. That incredible redhead appears inspired by Maureen O'Hara who died during the development, and as such is a touching homage to a woman who'd have to be in any Witcher movie fantasy-cast list. She is the intoxicating one after all. Commendations to all involved in realising such appropriate perfection, in some magics the image of a person can hold some of their nature, if you've captured even a tenth of the spirit this character will be alive, and I suspect that may be what we see in those eyes, but whatever happens, the gestures nicely done ! Here... have a song in return. ;)

Drink up, all ye of Witcher profession
For the monsters are out this night
Whether drowners, dragons or demonic possessions
All are marked. once in your sights
Let all contracts be fairly ended
And debtors the correct fee recall
Free lunch ? Such a thing as no' intended
Pay up ! Or face your own downfall.

So come brothers and sisters
For the struggle carries on
Dandylions Witcherale
Unites mutants in song
So comrades come rally
For this is the time and place
The Witcher paths ideal
Protects the human race.

There are no walls that can divide us
Made of hatred nor sorcery or stone
Those who survive the Trial of Grasses
We'll win together and we'll die alone
In this world poisoned by the Conjunction
Those who are mutated, know they must strive
But beware the folly of human assumption
Whose leaders let a culture of prejudice thrive.

Dandylions Witcherale
Unites mutants in song
So comrades come rally
For it is always the time and place
The Witcher paths ideal
Defies the human race.

And so begins the final drama
In the streets and in the fields
We stand unbowed before their armour
We defy their claws and shields
When we fight, fueled by our adrenaline
Let us be prepared with potion and sign
And after the victory consort with the feminine
Meditating witcher style, with white gulled wine.

Dandylions Witcherale
Unites mutants in song
So comrades come rally
For we make the time and place
The Witcher paths ideal
Evolves the human race.​

So looking forward to Blood & Wine, thanks for these tidbits... protagonist or antagonist, that redheads one to fear... see I think Geralts weakness is the same as my own... there are just some people you can't say no to...

Last edited:
Top Bottom