Blood and Wine -- New Screenshots released

+
So I have read a interview by a slovakian gaming site Sector with Quest Designer Phillip Weber and he told them some new cool things:
- some choices from HoS (and from the end of the main game) matter in B&W
- one quest in B&W is a callback to TW1 (so for any TW1 fan that should be something really cool and nostalgic)
- when he was asked about a funny story from the development process of B&W, he mentioned that they had a problem with a hut in one of the villages that exploded every night and they didn't know what was the cause - later they have found out that the reason behind this was that when a NPC with a torch is scared or attacked, the NPC throws the torch away and runs aways so that one NPC was always walking around that hut at night and a wolf attacked it every time and that hut has for one quest some explosive barrels inside, so the torch always landed near those barrels and that's why the hut was exploding every night :D

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder what choices that might be! My bet is Who won/lost the war.
Cool thing that at least W1 gets a reference. I wish W2 got a quest as well : (

So I have read a interview by a slovakian gaming site Sector with Quest Designer Phillip Weber and he told them some new cool things:
- one quest in B&W is a callback to TW1 (so for any TW1 fan that should be something really cool and nostalgic)
- when he was asked about a funny story from the development process of B&W, he mentioned that they had a problem with a hut in one of the villages that exploded every night and they didn't know what was the cause - later they have found out that the reason behind this was that when a NPC with a torch is scared or attacked, the NPC throws the torch away and runs aways so that one NPC was always walking around that hut at night and a wolf attacked it every time and that hut has for one quest some explosive barrels inside, so the torch always landed near those barrels and that's why the hut was exploding every night :D

could the W1 callback be
a stryga quest

Hmm I wonder what choices that might be! My bet is Who won/lost the war.

I know that at least 2 choices from the main game matter, even if only in a minor way. I wonder however what choices from Hearts of Stone have any consequences in Blood and Wine.

Sounds good :like:

when he was asked about a funny story from the development process of B&W, he mentioned that they had a problem with a hut in one of the villages that exploded every night and they didn't know what was the cause - later they have found out that the reason behind this was that when a NPC with a torch is scared or attacked, the NPC throws the torch away and runs aways so that one NPC was always walking around that hut at night and a wolf attacked it every time and that hut has for one quest some explosive barrels inside, so the torch always landed near those barrels and that's why the hut was exploding every night

Hm, this sounds very familiar.
IIRC @Benzenzimmern said this long ago.

which choices are that?

From what I have seen, the following may depend on the player's choices, although as I already mentioned, it is a very minor "consequence" - 3 slightly different versions of the letter (I will not spoil exactly what is in them):

• Mutations. 12 new abilities. Mechanic is unlocked through a quest started by a letter from Yennefer.

Also, if it is indeed possible to invite Geralt's friends to the vineyard, there might be some differences there, too. Regarding the other choices, I can only guess, but maybe it matters if Nilfgaard wins the war and whether Ciri becomes empress, even if only in some dialogues.

I'm hoping beyond all hope the arena is not just in the story but a separate game mode as well.

I want a separate Arena Mode as well, but it wouldn't be the first time in The Witcher 3 that they had Arena's that didn't get utilized for a separate mode. The one in the sewers of Novigrad, and the 2 on Skellig...... But this one from the screenshots looks the most like a proper Arena for some Aesome Witcher 2 Like Arena Mode. PLease Cd, Please add an Arena mode.....

So this dlc takes place after the main story of W3 ?????????

pls say yes !!!!

Attachments

• fya.gif
    fya.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
More or less, yes.
But you can start it during the main game too.

Hearts of stone I can imagine happening during the game, because at first it just seems like a normal witcher contract like so many of them that you do, up until the moment
Geralt goes and gets his face branded.
And what follows then is just cause and effect due to the urgency of the situation.

But travelling all the way to toussaint does not seem like something he would do when searching for Ciri.

I'd rather imagine that this all starts rather innocuously wen Geralt is just roaming Velen tying up loose ends after his story, and he happens upon an interesting incentive to travel far away (bags and bags of orens).

Top Bottom