Blood and Wine no dialogue audio

+
After nextgen update has released I got back in the game and as title says when starting Blood and Wine expansion, there is no dialogue audio, all other sounds are there. Base game and first expansion are working fine. I replayed game like several times already and never had this issue.

I have steam verion of the game and tried with verifying game files, reinstalling audio drivers, latest and older ones, changing sound to all options (ingame also), stereo, quad, 5.1, 7.1, tried using older saves and every possible "fix" I could think of and found on the net. Most people who had this kind of issue fixed it just by changing from 5.1 to stereo in sound options but that "fix" does not work for me.

Also game was running fine with dx11 before the update but now when I try to select dx11 in the launcher game looks like its starting by looking on the steam play button it says running but after few seconds its reverting back to play with no errors.

Dunno if this is issue with nextgen update so I'm currently reverting game back to version prior to the nextgen but it will take some time because my net speed is not that great so if anyone have any possible fix I have missed please post it here.

Hm, very strange... I've started with Blood and Wine today and so far I had no problems with audio dialogues.
So no idea what it could be.

If you are playing with mods, that could have something to do with it too.

CDPR support can be contacted here for example:

Tried with and without mods and only missing audio is from blood and wine. I reverted game back to classic 1.32 update and dialog audio is back and working fine. Also game is now starting fine with dx11 so its definitely problem with nextgen update.

I still cannot believe that after cyberpunk 2077 fiasco cdpr now again managed fucked up Witcher 3 game with this shitty update.

After nextgen update has released I got back in the game and as title says when starting Blood and Wine expansion, there is no dialogue audio, all other sounds are there. Base game and first expansion are working fine. I replayed game like several times already and never had this issue.
Just a guess. Did you try to change the language ?
In case if it would "just" missing audio files specifically for the language you play.

Yep. I had this exact identical same thing happen to my game. The only fix that worked for me was to completely re-install the game which, as you might have guessed, really sucked.

Top Bottom