Blood and Wine -- Official Soundtrack

+

Bless you CDPR. Just today I was doing a search in the off-chance there was a FLAC version made available somewhere (since it would previously have had to been ripped from Tidal streaming otherwise), clicked the GOG page for HoS and noticed in the Extras the soundtrack was listed.

Just as I was going to email GOG support to ask if that was the HoS OST or just the main game OST I booted Galaxy and noticed both expansion OSTs in the Extras tab, available as FLAC. Overjoyed!

Such a wonderful thing you've done with including this. It's both tremendous value added and we finally have a lossless FLAC version available.

(btw a release of the Gwent OST would be great to see, too, though I'm not the first to suggest it :) )

Last edited:
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n2777783 said:
@nfi42: Transparency level is somewhat different between people, true. But not much. That's why giving some margin makes it good enough. For Opus, 140 Kbps is already above transparency level probably for all people.

I must agree with @nfi42.
There really is a higher difference between lossy and lossless audio files. Of course sound quality varies in terms of objectivity, yet you can clearly hear a difference at least when you have a high quality hifi-system, running - for example - MP3 files on those. You will notice that your audio files sounds tinny, duo to the high quality output membrane and modules of your sound system, your hifi-machine will not lack but your MP3 files.
Depending on the machine's quality you're using, the clarity will become pretty much noticeable, and less on lossless files like FLAC.

Btw. regarding MP3, this file format is removing parts of the audio frequencies, usually not noticeable by human ears. I don't know the exact values anymore atm, but it's set up high, that's why MP3 files are so small in size. You loose a lot of quality with MP3.

Last edited:
RyuHayabusa-II : You wouldn't hear any difference on any audio system, as long as lossy codec was encoded above transparency level. That's what definition of transparency is. I wouldn't recommend anything like MP3 for the lossy codecs though. Use Opus.

I think I will grab the soundtracks on itunes, I can download it and listen to it on my phone while I work :)

Top Bottom