Blood and wine - the split mountain

+
In the background of the Touissant area one can see a pair of steep speaks facing one another....or maybe what was once a single mountain split in two.

Did CDPR add that feature deliberately? If so...what is it in reference of?

I have an idea ...tho I do not want to "lead the answer" so to speak....

Are you referring to this?

It's called Delenfer Pass (derived from the French for "pass from hell"). Why it's called that I do not know, although if you were to journey through this pass you'd eventually reach an inhospitable desert.

It's called Delenfer Pass (derived from the French for "pass from hell"). Why it's called that I do not know, although if you were to journey through this pass you'd eventually reach an inhospitable desert.
In the "Orlando Furiouso" (part of la chanson de roland in french) Orlando/Roland driven mad is searching the land for his beloved and happens upon a desert. Faced with dying of thirst he dismounts his horse and notices that it begins to lick the rocks on the side of a mountain where water is trickling through.

He then strikes the mountain with his sword splitting it in half letting the spring flow forth for him to drink.

Tired from his travels he even carves a seat from the stone

Given the setting of blood and wine I thought it might be a reference since there are other literary references like Don Quixote and whatnot

Possibly. I've always thought that the setting Sapkowski had for Toussaint was inspired by the French Mediterranean. At least, in the game that's how it comes across to me - vineyards, accordion music, "French"-accented English.

Possibly. I've always thought that the setting Sapkowski had for Toussaint was inspired by the French Mediterranean. At least, in the game that's how it comes across to me - vineyards, accordion music, "French"-accented English.
I say this because that split mountain can be found just outside of Canicattì in the province of Agrigento in italy where my aunt and father were born.

Reminded me me of my childhood

Also, several words and names and accents found in Blood and Wine are french, and several others are Italian (Coronata, and Vermentino for instance)

For my own curiousity, do you have a photo of the mountain to share?

Also, several words and names and accents found in Blood and Wine are french, and several others are Italian (Coronata, and Vermentino for instance)

True, I'd forgotten about that.

1651774569265.png

i'm late but i have seen this in a demon souls screen and it make me think about the split mountain. Don't u guys think that the split mountain is an demon souls reference ?

Top Bottom