Blood Decals

+
He confirmed he didn't see any in what he played, not that they've been removed.(Not that I've seen anyway)

Wanna bet it'll be there when you play the game? :p

I don't really understand - sorry. I've said it many times already - no blood splattering on the ground.

However I think it is more of a generalized statement from him based on misunderstanding what posters were asking, and him just restating the previous quote you mentioned.

Think this picture shows the matter that is discussed here really good.

No doubt the new trailer looks outstanding, though the focus on all the violence doesn t suit very much. But it is
RAGE & STEEL after all so no complains.

@Marcin Momot see the clean sand there, during Geralt slices with his sword the body?
It just looks kinda odd how the sand stays clean while that poor guy literally bleeds out *smirk*

Man he must really made Geralt mad :D

Last edited:
Have you noticed that before after cut there was blood constantly flowing from cut body parts?
now there is only small blood splatter

YES. It used to be like liquid, now it stops abruptly. This bothers me more than decals :/

Anyone here a modder who will definitely fix this? So as to set my heart at ease?

YES. It used to be like liquid, now it stops abruptly. This bothers me more than decals :/

Anyone here a modder who will definitely fix this? So as to set my heart at ease?

imo would be very hard almost impossible if they completely cut/removed it from code
also depends on modders tools, skyrim have very simply but power-full + gigantic number of modders so they can make fancy stuff
i doubt in witcher mods

It is indeed kinda strange... Seeing a body being cut in half, and the floor remains clean as if it have some kind of anti adherent. But when it comes to dogs...

Yup...
And I feel a bit sad to say that but it looks kinda wrong, all the blood splashing everywhere at every sword strike and not a single drop on the ground.

It was more funny to see a guy literally being blown by a bomb and the ground still staying clean :D

This is why I created this topic, to point out how stupid (or inconsistent, whichever one prefers) it looks, but after a while it turned out mostly humanoid enemies don't leave blood on the ground, so by many of us (not all tho) this is still considered as a unfixed bug that reeeeally needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Btw, am I the only one who remembers José talking about changing how the blood 'works' in the game in an interview months ago? I also remember him saying it's a change for the better... oh well.

Let's make an educated guess:
CDPR stated several times clearly that they want to look the game exactly the same on all platforms. Now we know that consoles aren't able to keep up with a decent pc system. No rant intended, or even arrogant "masterrace"-babble, but unfortunately that's a fact,.

So they had to optimize their game running at least @30fps on consoles.
While they can add several nice features like Hairworks which they cann "sell" as NVidia-exclusive feature, they might not be able to keep in all the fancy stuff they already had in the game, merely for the fact not to disgrace a majority of console users.

However, I think the stuff is still within the game and will be easily unlockable by modders (just think of how gorgeous Skyrim can look on a pc) ;-)

CDPR stated several times clearly that they want to look the game exactly the same on all platforms. Now we know that consoles aren't able to keep up with a decent pc system. No rant intended, or even arrogant "masterrace"-babble, but unfortunately that's a fact,.

So they had to optimize their game running at least @30fps on consoles.
While they can add several nice features like Hairworks which they cann "sell" as NVidia-exclusive feature, they might not be able to keep in all the fancy stuff they already had in the game, merely for the fact not to disgrace a majority of console users.

However, I think the stuff is still within the game and will be easily unlockable by modders (just think of how gorgeous Skyrim can look on a pc) ;-)

Pretty much why I think the Volumetric Fog and all the extra quirks that the VFX artist talked about in the interview was cut..as well as the fully destructible areas around you was because of console hardware limitations.

Nothing we can do however..if the game was PC only then yes..I would expect this game to push the limits of what PC hardware can offer.

Nothing we can do however..if the game was PC only then yes..I would expect this game to push the limits of what PC hardware can offer.

If it was PC only, it probably wouldn't exist in the first place sadly.

Why there wouldn't be any blood splatter on the ground is beyond me honestly. They were possible on like the PS1 or 2 back in the days and there should be enough memory for it available on the consoles, so why the f was this cut out of the game? It is such an immersion breaker as well.

The sand really blew me of. Reminds me of sands at Vespucci Beach from GTA San Andreas. It better has Geralt's footstep marks...

Yeah... it looks like they've relied too much on the shaders. Some actual elevations along with the shaders would have been nice.

I had the impression that I would get a PC version of the game for PCs not an other console port. Sad times for PC games. I'm just tired of these AAA wash out ported games.

Well Jose was obviously lying.

I really don't think he was. What he stated was 'I have another way of doing it that I think may or may not look better. We'll have to see.'

And that's all well and good and he likely tested it out. But from his end, he doesn't get the final say one which method they choose to use, or what settings are forced into use for whatever method is chosen.

I'm really liking what I've been seeing lately in the footage. Because if my coding isn't failing me now, then fixing this is going to be as simple as changing one variable, maybe two.

Delays to reduce features to get performance parity betwixt platforms. Big Red probably "$incentivises$" developers to do that. Or their engine really stinks. This is a no brainer deductive reasoning exercise.

Top Bottom