Blood Decals

+
F-yeah! Thank you so much Benzenzimmern and the rest of the team at CDPR!

My already huge antipication for May 19th just increased tenfold

I checked the issue with people in the company and the lack of blood decals during a fight, of human opponents, monsters and Geralt, is a bug that can be fixed.

Soooo guys, I think being stubborn and persisent of me was justified after all, thanks mods for being patient with me pestering this topic.

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT :victory:

Hats off REDs! Thanks for checking that @Benzenzimmern :hatsoff:

Bansai: it's working, working now, many tks for your thread, so they will fix it, I am very happy now, and can rest in peace :)

Well like I said once in this topic, if there's a chance that this will highlight the issue, I'll keep fighting :p

Last edited:
Excellent news, some of the smaller details bothering the hardcore fans are getting fixed just in time for launch. T minus one week plus 12 hours.

YOU DA MAN BENZ !

Awesome! I was just about to post ps4 gameplay where I saw the blood decals on human enemies appear on the ground, but seems like its resolved now! That said it was really toned down, probably due to being some arabian version which is maybe censored. But the blood decals where certainly there, so thats good to know :)

I tip my hat to you Bansai. Thanks for advocating for everyone who loves those little details in a game that immerse. Who knows, but for this thread, it may have never been addressed. huzzah!

Very glad to hear it was just a bug and not a deliberate change. Hopefully it can get fixed for day 1, at least on PC :)

I don't like saying I told you so... so I won't :p Seriously though thanks for that news glad CDPR team finally understood what we were getting at...

Hearing the news that this is in fact a bug, is great. However, on the subject of it being fixed. Should we expect a patch or a bug fix relatively soon after release, for the consoles that is.

Glad that decals themselves are back..but there is still the issue of..well, the effects themselves.

Couple things I noticed in the new xbox video. As you can see in this gif:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-11-2015/Ueb0E6.gif

For some reason their is blood in the air before he strikes. Swords on't "fill up with blood", at least not that much, so I don't really understand it.

But, the worst thing is that you can see some of the decals when he is fighting the wolves in the water.. and...

Well..it appears that instead go pools of blood like the 35 minute gameplay, or even last gen GTA5...the decals are the exact same..they just appear on the floor beneath the water.

I hope that this is a glitch as well. That would really stink.

I am thinking of asking for a confirmation if the blood effects from that earlier demo are still present. Any RED people or others with the appropriate knowledge have confirmation on the fact?

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGG9yXmRCyQ

Last edited:
Top Bottom